X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF is this tool?

Saw it on FB.. sorry im a huge noob..

It's used to roll/flare the fenders so wider tires dont rub
    Last edited by Amiss; 07-24-2012, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I believe its a fender roller..for rolling your fenders

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
      My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
      Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Wait; so how does that work?... Does it not screw up your axle? haha..

Comment

Originally posted by tlej@live.com View Post
          Wait; so how does that work?... Does it not screw up your axle? haha..
          you use a heat gun on it and then it just turns back and forth and rolls the lip up inside of the fender, you can adjust it to do different angles but i doubt it puts enough pressure on the axel to do any damage at all..

Comment

Why not just cut the lips out? 5 mins with a body saw and your done. I cut mine out. I've always wondered why everyone says "roll the lips"

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
              Why not just cut the lips out? 5 mins with a body saw and your done. I cut mine out. I've always wondered why everyone says "roll the lips"
              cleaner edge, no edges to cut a tire down... just looks cleaner rolled.
              92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
              2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
              2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

you want to keep the rigidity of the lip otherwise under stress, it'll warp or deform.

awesome tool, i just did my fenders some moar so i can sit hella flush
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  you want to keep the rigidity of the lip otherwise under stress, it'll warp or deform.

x2, when I worked at Mazda a guy came in with his MazdaSpeed 6 and wanted his 20's to not rub so they rolled his fenders, lol.
                  My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post

Truth right here. This is the real reason to roll instead of cut
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I'd assume you would want to do this prior to painting the car if you have to apply heat?

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                        I'd assume you would want to do this prior to painting the car if you have to apply heat?
                        the reason for the heat is actualy to make the paint more pliable so that it stretches better without cracking.

i have a roller and have rolled about a dozen cars with it , friends, and friends of friends, the only paint damage you get is where the roller actually comes into contact with the fender, which is not visible, and its normally nothing more than small scratches and such if heated properly. i always clean the surface very well when im done and run a coat of clear nail polish over any small cracks or scratches.

the only time i've cracked paint that could be seen was on my old cb7 where i actually pulled the fenders and stretched them out ~ 1/2" past their normal positions. (its almost impossible to save the paint when you go that far with it).

that being said, if you plan to have a killer paint job worth a lot of money, its always worth doing the rolling before hand.

Comment

i have never seen one of those tools before lol (probably because i'm new to the "tuner" community even though i haven't done anything to mine yet)
                          1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                          1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                          1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                          1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                            my friend who does it a lot told me if your paints in good condition and its factory paint, 90% chance it wont crack but if you have a cheap aftermarket paint job it probably will no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
                              i have never seen one of those tools before lol (probably because i'm new to the "tuner" community even though i haven't done anything to mine yet)
                              it can be applied to anything that has a fender lip. ive even done inner lips on a supra.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X