Did some work to the Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some work to the Blazer

I decided to do a little work to the Blazer over the weekend, this is what I accomplished. When I got it, the front axle was on top of the leaf springs, now, the front axle is under the leaf springs. The front shocks were pretty shot, but, the previous owner had brand new Bilstein shocks in the back. They weren't put on because the way it sat, they were too tall. Not anymore.

Here's the new vs. old suspension

Here's how it sat after the front was done, the rear was untouched in this pic.

There's the final result.

Let me know what ya think.

Here's another shot with the new shocks in.

Found some bushings that need replaced, nowhere in this town had them, so, internet, here we come.

Looks good now you need some bigger tires to go with that lift!

Comment

I agree. I had 30x9.5s on it. These are 31x10.5s. I'm thinking about a 32 or 33 inch tire.

Comment

It would definitely fill it out a bit more. Plus you'll get a little more height out of it too.

Comment

Height is something I'm not really wanting. I really have to hike up my skirt now to get in it. I'm 6 foot 3 and have a 30-32 inch inseam. Damn short legs!

With my Accord, I fell into it and had to climb out of it. With my Blazer, I have to climb into it and fall out of it. HAHA!!

Comment

i'd go for 35s.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
            Bought from: ChampCoupe
            Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
              With my Accord, I fell into it and had to climb out of it. With my Blazer, I have to climb into it and fall out of it. HAHA!!
              LMFAO sorry that cracked me up. i always feel like i'm falling into my Accord and then having to climb out of it. never had to do that quite so much before i got this car. i learned to drive in a long wheel base cargo van. it was a Dodge with lots of blind spots.

i like it. looks good. it does look kinda funny with that lift and those tiny looking tires (you know, compared to the gap between the tire and truck).
              1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
              1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
              1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
              1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

who did the work? thats a toyota axle?
                i have a 00 2dr im thinking of putting a sas front end on....
                the only difference is i think i will be using full size parts and trailing arms instead of leaf springs

Comment

The guy I got the Blazer from and his buddy did the work. He said it's all Jeep running gear.

Took a few more pics last night for fun.

This was at WalMart. Found a stock Blazer, decided to take a pic.

Here are a couple of my brother's hatch and my Blazer

Comment

Needz moar meatz

Comment

I actually like the tires you have on it, especially if it will actually see dirt/mud.... How much flex is in the suspension?
                      92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                      2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                      2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                        I actually like the tires you have on it, especially if it will actually see dirt/mud.... How much flex is in the suspension?
                        I like you.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I haven't really had a chance to test out the new suspension, work gets in the way. I have this coming weekend off, perhaps I'll check it then.

Comment

Working...
                          X