Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what a 100% legal Skyline GT-R looks like (and costs!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
    Because you can't list a car without a 17 digit vin on ebay unless it from before 1980 when they didn't require 17 digit vins.
    ohhh ok

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I got that same shit, paranoid about losing it

& Id buy it over an NSX

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Jking72 View Post
        damn you guys are going to get ripped off lol theres a little import lot about a km away from my house and they have a 1996 GTR for a very modest $13,900 canadian with only 117,000km and its a 5spd manual lol

tyee imports?

its kinda funny/weird seeing peoples jaws drop over these i must see at least a dozen of these things go past me every day, they're just another car on the road up here

but for that price...jesus!!!! like jking said...13,000$ for a gtr here...a gts-t would be lucky if it could get 8000$...amazing how prices change from simply crossing over the boarder
        ..[CB7][STAR]..
        MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

you know what weird, Ive seen more skylines in FL, then NSX, or last gen supras, or even last gen RX7s.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Supply and demand. There's a limited supply, and the demand dictates the price! Well, the government technically makes most of that price what it is, due to all the necessary modifications that were done... but people will pay it. We'll probably get flooded with them as they become easier to import, starting in 2014. Of course, the OBD1 era begins around then as well. The importation laws may change due to the increased emissions controls installed on those vehicles. That would be sad.

A LOT of the Skylines I see around have FL tags. Most are GTS-Ts. I've only seen one or two real GT-Rs. But yeah, I agree... the other Japanese sportscars of the era are almost as uncommon. I see more Bentleys on the road than I do Supras, Skylines, RX-7s, or NSXs.

Comment

Supply and demand. There's a limited supply, and the demand dictates the price! Well, the government technically makes most of that price what it is, due to all the necessary modifications that were done... but people will pay it. We'll probably get flooded with them as they become easier to import, starting in 2014. Of course, the OBD1 era begins around then as well. The importation laws may change due to the increased emissions controls installed on those vehicles. That would be sad.

A LOT of the Skylines I see around have FL tags. Most are GTS-Ts. I've only seen one or two real GT-Rs. But yeah, I agree... the other Japanese sportscars of the era are almost as uncommon. I see more Bentleys on the road than I do Supras, Skylines, RX-7s, or NSXs.
              They can keep the Bentleys, i'd rather be behind the wheel of a supera, skyline or nsx.

Comment

I like that the Bentley has twice as many cylinders

Comment

There's a place in south Carolina that imports them..don't think they a ca legal. But it's not too uncommon to see a rhd supra or skyline around here

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
                    tyee imports?

its kinda funny/weird seeing peoples jaws drop over these i must see at least a dozen of these things go past me every day, they're just another car on the road up here

but for that price...jesus!!!! like jking said...13,000$ for a gtr here...a gts-t would be lucky if it could get 8000$...amazing how prices change from simply crossing over the boarder
                    that be the one, I wouldn't mind picking it up but it would be suicide cause I can't drive stick and a RHD would just be fucked!
                    MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                    1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

You guys know the R32 and R33 are already allowed in the U.S. right? The R34 is still off limits for import in full, you can import an R34 disassembled and have it titled as a "kit car".

Not only does this apply to the Nissan Skylines of sorts, but also the Silvias, Toyota Cavaliers, and various others.

Comment

R32 GT-R is a $10k car here all day long.

R33's go for $12-18k.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
                          You guys know the R32 and R33 are already allowed in the U.S. right? The R34 is still off limits for import in full, you can import an R34 disassembled and have it titled as a "kit car".

Not only does this apply to the Nissan Skylines of sorts, but also the Silvias, Toyota Cavaliers, and various others.
                          No, they are not allowed in the US. Only a low-level R33 was used for crash test data, and it was determined that the information obtained was inadequate for use in importing any other model. I believe even the model that was crashed is no longer allowed. No R32, R33, or R34 is currently allowed to be imported for street use in the US. Only those that were already allowed are legal, and many of those are being seized and destroyed as they are discovered as being less than legal.

Comment

r34 or bust
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

R34 is badass. R33 is just cool.

And an R32 is the affordable budget supercar. My buddy paid $8500 for his GTS-T RB20 in 2010. He's putting an RB25 in it this summer.

I haven't been in an R33 or 34 yet, but the R32 is a fantastic machine.

Comment

No, they are not allowed in the US. Only a low-level R33 was used for crash test data, and it was determined that the information obtained was inadequate for use in importing any other model. I believe even the model that was crashed is no longer allowed. No R32, R33, or R34 is currently allowed to be imported for street use in the US. Only those that were already allowed are legal, and many of those are being seized and destroyed as they are discovered as being less than legal.
                                i wonder if they only need the rolling chassis to be used for crash data.
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X