Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Nexus 7 owners on here??

Man I missed this one...

I found out after pre orders started and so I have now ordered mine through B&H(249) no shipping or tax...

but god knows when it will be in stock and shipped.

I got the 16G.

Not really an iPad killer....but who gives a fuck anymore about that shit.

If you want to spend $500+ on a clunky ass device go ahead lol.

I was going to get the 8G but honestly for $50 ill take the extra 8G.

Can't wait to play some HD games, get back to the books I was in the middle of(sold my kindle for this shit) and control my HD tv with it.

So anyone else waiting for it?

so it's a tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

If you want to spend $500+ on a clunky ass device go ahead lol.

>clunky ass device

lolwat

Comment

Clunky? It has the best flowing OS. I hate my "droid" phone. Touch screen response sucks.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          so it's a tablet?
          Yes sir.

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          >clunky ass device

lolwat
          Yep.

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
          Clunky? It has the best flowing OS. I hate my "droid" phone. Touch screen response sucks.
          Best flowing in your opinion.

And I actually agree that iOs runs smoothly....Can't knock that.

The newer Ipads are much lighter but I don't like their size form.

I prefer 7''.

And btw...touch response is handled by the hardware....not the software.

Might want to take that up with whoever built your phone.

Comment

I Got it and I love it . Plus I got it for 225 for the 16gb because I work for office depot. No adobe flash sucks though , adobe won't be supporting mobile phones starting with jelly bean . If you can get our hands oN one I'd definitely recommend it . Its blazing fast , never lags . Plus once it gets out dated I can root it and still have the latest updates .

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
              I Got it and I love it . Plus I got it for 225 for the 16gb because I work for office depot. No adobe flash sucks though , adobe won't be supporting mobile phones starting with jelly bean . If you can get our hands oN one I'd definitely recommend it . Its blazing fast , never lags . Plus once it gets out dated I can root it and still have the latest updates .
              You have any more of them lol?

Comment

Yes sir.

Yep.

Best flowing in your opinion.

And I actually agree that iOs runs smoothly....Can't knock that.

The newer Ipads are much lighter but I don't like their size form.

I prefer 7''.

And btw...touch response is handled by the hardware....not the software.

Might want to take that up with whoever built your phone.
                I hvae an iPad 3 16G w/ GPS. LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and it is only my second Apple product ever. The integration and functionality is so much better than anything google I have ever touched. Plus, or the software we use, it is the only game in town. Needless to say, the iPod + the iPad have steered me toward a Mac for my next computer.

Besides, 7" just won't satisfy me anymore.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                  I hvae an iPad 3 16G w/ GPS. LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and it is only my second Apple product ever. The integration and functionality is so much better than anything google I have ever touched. Plus, or the software we use, it is the only game in town. Needless to say, the iPod + the iPad have steered me toward a Mac for my next computer.

Besides, 7" just won't satisfy me anymore.
                  The wife has an 8G 2nd gen....

I've played with it.

I would take an iMac or a mac mini in a fucking heartbeat.

I own a 160G ipod classic....its just an ipod...nothing fancy....but its the easiest way for me to take my entire 80G of music everywhere I go.

Everything else is just a copy of a copy.

I can't fucking stand all the fucking clutter of the apps everywhere....I know you can put shit together in folders but it's still a fucking mess.

I HATE that it is a pita to fix/replace components if anything breaks i.e. battery.....yes the Apple store hooks it up and my personal experience with them have been good....but if I can fix it in my own home and not shlep to a brick and mortar...im happy.

Those are my only complaints...(besides size...but supposedly Apple is bringing out an Ipad Mini[7''])

At the end of the day its just easier for me since my life is synced with Google.

Both companies make good products.....its just preference.

Now if I could only find a fucking Nexus 7 lol.

Comment

You have any more of them lol?
                    They sold out the second day . I had a feeling that was gonna happen so I bought two

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

I can't fucking stand all the fucking clutter of the apps everywhere....I know you can put shit together in folders but it's still a fucking mess.

I HATE that it is a pita to fix/replace components if anything breaks i.e. battery.....yes the Apple store hooks it up and my personal experience with them have been good....but if I can fix it in my own home and not shlep to a brick and mortar...im happy.

Those are my only complaints...(besides size...but supposedly Apple is bringing out an Ipad Mini[7''])

At the end of the day its just easier for me since my life is synced with Google.

Both companies make good products.....its just preference.

Now if I could only find a fucking Nexus 7 lol.
                      one app = one icon. it goes both ways for ios and android. not sure what you mean by cluttered

components are getting smaller and smaller, it is a pita to make them and service them. goes both ways, although apple just dropped a certification but i'm sure they have their reasons. i would much rather have something that i can depend upon than to have something that is serviceable by any consumer. i highly doubt you or a majority of the consumers can service any new tech that are out on the market

it has been confirmed that ipad is coming out with a 7 incher

also been confirmed that google is coming out with a nexus 10" which i'm waiting for to replace my ipad. that or i get the asus transformer now. either way they both run android, 10" and made by asus

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                        one app = one icon. it goes both ways for ios and android. not sure what you mean by cluttered

components are getting smaller and smaller, it is a pita to make them and service them. goes both ways, although apple just dropped a certification but i'm sure they have their reasons. i would much rather have something that i can depend upon than to have something that is serviceable by any consumer. i highly doubt you or a majority of the consumers can service any new tech that are out on the market

it has been confirmed that ipad is coming out with a 7 incher

also been confirmed that google is coming out with a nexus 10" which i'm waiting for to replace my ipad. that or i get the asus transformer now. either way they both run android, 10" and made by asus
                        Yes, but in Android all my icons are in a "drawer" that I do not have to see unless I want to.

In iOs they are splattered all over the fucking place...you can make folders but Id prefer a drawer, again, preference.

Yes I can service new technology....I have taken apart plenty of devices and changed digitizers, "un removable" batteries etc.

I also root and have written apps and tweaked roms on the software side, so please do not make assumptions on my abilities.

Id prefer a device that I can fix and tweak as opposed to have to go into a store and possibly be "without" my device depending on what the "techs" say.

Ya I heard about the Ipad Mini.....which im sure will be the EXACT same thing as the 10'' ipad.....just 7''.....and for some reason people will still pay $500 when I can do the exact same shit on a 10'' Android device.

But again, preference.

Comment

Yes I can service new technology....I have taken apart plenty of devices and changed digitizers, "un removable" batteries etc.

I also root and have written apps and tweaked roms on the software side, so please do not make assumptions on my abilities.

Id prefer a device that I can fix and tweak as opposed to have to go into a store and possibly be "without" my device depending on what the "techs" say.
                          ugh ok i take that back. if you can do all those things then there is nothing you can't service even those such "un removable" batteries. so what seems to be the problem?

my engineering tech team would have a blast if they read this. my company builds electronic circuit assemblies. we not only troubleshoot and repair all those simple (we call them) "accessory" parts but also down to the component levels with the small 0102 passive diodes, resistors, capacitors etc

i should have called you to troubleshoot a booting issue we had with the xbox mini prototype. would have saved me days

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                            ugh ok i take that back. if you can do all those things then there is nothing you can't service even those such "un removable" batteries. so what seems to be the problem?

my engineering tech team would have a blast if they read this. my company builds electronic circuit assemblies. we not only troubleshoot and repair all those simple (we call them) "accessory" parts but also down to the component levels with the small 0102 passive diodes, resistors, capacitors etc

i should have called you to troubleshoot a booting issue we had with the xbox mini prototype. would have saved me days
                            Look dude, I don't know why you seem to have issues with my posts but I don't go into threads you make and start shit.

You have absolutely nothing to add to this conversation except to start shit about Android>apple/apple>android

I never said I was a electronics genius or that I know more then you, so don't get sand in your fucking vagina.

All I said is that Im quite capable of working on new technology....which is exactly what you fucking wrote.

I don't know....what seems to be the problem?

I started this thread to see who here owned(pre ordered) a nexus 7.

So why are you giving me shit about what I like and what I share about my modding abilities?!??!

Christ fucking people on here.

Comment

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
                              They sold out the second day . I had a feeling that was gonna happen so I bought two
                              Ya I wish I had the foresight and money to buy two as well lol!

I saw it is in stock at Sears...so I ordered it...got 5% off for tablet orders...free shipping...suppose to be here in 4-6 days....by 26 it says....keep my fingers crossed.

I have a preorder at Gamestop and B&H LOL!!!

It's whoever delivers first!

Comment

Working...
                              X