Thinking about a lotus elise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about a lotus elise

Been thinking about picking one of these up in isotope green for the last year. I think I finally have enough saved up to buy one. Has anyone had a chance to drive one?

One of my friends has one and is going to let me drive it, his is bright orange color not sure what it is called.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/3131408394.html
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Are you going to get the supercharged one?

I love the Elise (and the Exige). I think they're beautiful cars, perfectly built to their purpose. I don't care for the Celica engine that propels them, but it's not a bad engine... there are just better engines out there!
    They're impractical cars. Not much more useful than a motorcycle. But for a weekend toy, they're perfect. I considered one myself, and if I wasn't so stubbornly dedicated to the CB, I might've actually considered one. An older, slower, cheaper one, of course... not a $50,000 supercharged model... but even those would be fun as hell, I'm sure!

I think they look good in just about any color, and each color has its own personality. They're like the troll dolls of the car world.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      ...They're like the troll dolls of the car world.
      lmao .. I almost shot apple juice out of my nose.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

whats your question?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Are you going to get the supercharged one?

I love the Elise (and the Exige). I think they're beautiful cars, perfectly built to their purpose. I don't care for the Celica engine that propels them, but it's not a bad engine... there are just better engines out there!
          They're impractical cars. Not much more useful than a motorcycle. But for a weekend toy, they're perfect. I considered one myself, and if I wasn't so stubbornly dedicated to the CB, I might've actually considered one. An older, slower, cheaper one, of course... not a $50,000 supercharged model... but even those would be fun as hell, I'm sure!

I think they look good in just about any color, and each color has its own personality. They're like the troll dolls of the car world.
          I also love the CB but its time to move on. I feel like I've out grown it.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post

whats your question?

Your right, there is no question I just need to do more..

Comment

If you get one, let me know how it drives, I hope to own a Lotus some day. I'll be looking at Exiges though. Not sure if I want the older body style or the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
                Your right, there is no question I just need to do more..
                good cars, one of the best handling car i've driven. tons of road noise and lots of vibrations. the brakes stop on a dime and acceleration although not quick on paper it does feel faster. my biggest issue is getting in and out of the car, make sure no one is around otherwise they'll see you doing embarrassing poses

Comment

i love these cars. very nimple. not common at all to see. same goes for a NSX. both are great cars. cheap now they are discountined.

Comment

Like driving a big go kart. And they feel like it to. Conner like its on rails, rides like a buggy, stops on a dime. Fun car as a toy, but I don't think I could drive one daily

Comment

Those cars handle well and are pretty quick and light from what iv'e heard. I love the esprit v8 aswell especially from that movie called Basic instinct or some shit. Take a look at this new Lotus esprit

Comment

It used to look like this

Comment

i love the espirit.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I've always been a huge Lotus fan. Who cares if the engines are borrowed from Toyota, the powerplant has never been the focus of their cars. They'll still beat more powerful cars around a race track. Simplify and add lightness.

There are I think two or three series 2 Elises in my town (plus a couple Teslas, if those count) as well as an Esprit. Always deserving of my drool. Personally I'd go with a series 1 Elise, but my taste in car design is towards the older on just about any car model. One of those cars I hope to own (for a short period) one day...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The Elise is one of those slow cars built to go real fast around the track. The Exige is a fast car built to go faster than the Elise around the track. I've seen those on the track and they will destroy the confidence of a novice driver. They are very snappy and twitchy cars, even more so than an s2000. On the hands of good drivers I've seen real fast lap times, faster than cars with double their hp. I would love to own either one or an NSX once I outgrow the miata's potential which is unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                              X