thinking about a nsx...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinking about a nsx...

ever since i started working on this one.

Anyways, nsx seem to hold value so it may be a consideration for an investment. im not really going to modify it to the extent of my vw but id love to have something exotic yet not have to dump a whole bunch of money into.

idk, i can get an older one for probably less than 25k but thats all i really have. i can sell 2 of my 4 vehicles and a whole bunch of parts that i have laying around or i can go half in with my dad and then pay him off slowly kinda like a lease.

the other option is a type r but i don't find those as "exotic"
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Do it.

If i had the chance to get an NSX, i'd do it in a heart-beat.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I considered an NSX myself. I decided against it, because my price range would only get me a model from the early 90s... and I couldn't justify spending that much on a car so old, no matter how exotic! I also wanted more power, and a V8 engine.

Still, for what it is, owning an NSX is like owning a Ferrari that you can actually depend on. They DEFINITELY hold their value, and from what I've heard (I've never driven one), they're tame enough to be daily drivers. If you can drop $25,000 on one, then you'll be able to get a newer model in much better condition than the sub-$20,000 ones I was looking at.

It's funny, about 8 years ago, I figured "the older NSXs should be dropping well below $10,000 pretty soon!" Boy was I wrong!

Comment

they only keep going up in price!

they aren't the fastest cars out there but if i wanted something fast, i probably wouldn't get something that was NA v6. something LS based would be plenty fast.
        I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I considered an NSX myself. I decided against it, because my price range would only get me a model from the early 90s... and I couldn't justify spending that much on a car so old, no matter how exotic! I also wanted more power, and a V8 engine.

Still, for what it is, owning an NSX is like owning a Ferrari that you can actually depend on. They DEFINITELY hold their value, and from what I've heard (I've never driven one), they're tame enough to be daily drivers. If you can drop $25,000 on one, then you'll be able to get a newer model in much better condition than the sub-$20,000 ones I was looking at.

It's funny, about 8 years ago, I figured "the older NSXs should be dropping well below $10,000 pretty soon!" Boy was I wrong!
          There is a chasm between early 5 speed 3.0L models and 6 speed 3.2L versions. He could pick up an NA1 for probably less than 30K in good shape. For a similar condition NA2, he is looking at more like $40-50K on the lower end. The other compounding problem is that production was more or less linearly decreasing with model age, so the newer you go, the harder it is to find one.

Still, given the means, and the option to actually pick up an NA2, I would do it in a heartbeat. I would probably also take an NA1, and even though they are quite a bit slower, they are still pretty awesome cars.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

they've got 110 hp less then your CTS-V and do 12 second quarter miles stock lol. Not enough power? its stupid quick bone stock who needs that much power?

But you did pay about half the price of your car vs. the cost of an NSX...so you win

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

unfortunately cts-v will depreciate in value.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                unfortunately cts-v will depreciate in value.
                It will overtime but it would more than likely sell and retain most of its value overtime for as long as it can than a NSX be cause its not a sports car its a luxury car. I personally think its in the eyes of the person who wants to purchase either car.

Comment

sticker for an early 90's one is 60k so it still retains half its value which isn't bad. not really comparable to a 69 chevelle ss 396 which can be bought in mint condition for 40k which is about 10x over sticker, lol.

we also aren't considering inflation.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

Yeah, the CTS-V definitely wasn't an investment in any way. It was a $50,000+ car just 6 years ago, when it was new. It might maintain some value as it gets older and rarer, like the mid-90s Impala SS.

Anyway, thanks for bashing my choice of cars. I appreciate it.

In relation to Ferraris of the same vintage, the NSX has held a greater percentage of its value. I find that to be pretty interesting.

Comment

Anyway, thanks for bashing my choice of cars. I appreciate it.
                      Insta-ban! for Wes haha

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i guess one might be jealous of a 25 year old owning a nsx but imagine trying to pickup chicks?

"Yea come over to my place but make sure you don't wake up my mom."
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

are those varrstoen wheels? they look fantastic.
                          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Well come to think of it when one gets more experienced more wiser you get a little more relaxed into wanting something more comfortable and maybe a little fast but you want to do it with a touch of class too thats where the caddy steps in.

I think like that a little sometimes to a certain degree. I feel like an old man using the evo I would rather go back to an accord well until it rains or snows my back feels real uncomfortable riding in it. Then again silly me it wasn't made for comfort. People may deny they will ever come across feeling that way but im sure they will when that time comes . Im sure deev understands what im talking about hes doing just that right now he's on his grown man thing without wanting to be too involved with kiddy cars.

Comment

ladies don't agree but i would absolutely love a new cts-v wagon.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X