v6 crx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v6 crx

You're probably thinking a J swap, nope. Now your thinking an NSX engine? Now maybe the transverse engine from a legend? Nope

I never thought i'd see anyone swap an engine from 91-95 legend

I wonder how they did it, they do have the front suspension from the legend at least, you can tell by the trailing edge caliper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-Honda-CRX-Si-Coupe-2-Door-V6-YES-V6-3-2-5-SPEED-/271018074631?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f19efa207 #ht_500wt_1142

Ugh...so much potential, so terribly executed. The laundry list of things that are completely and terribly wrong with that car.

- 3A Racing seats screams "we cheaped out...maybe not just on the interior."
    - The wheels...how does it even roll? I don't want to know what type of spacers were needed on those rear wheels to push them out that far since they're a high offset wheel to begin with.

Cool idea though.

Comment

Car is more than ten years old so in ri if a car is more than 10 years old you dont need a title.

wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
        Car is more than ten years old so in ri if a car is more than 10 years old you dont need a title.

wtf?
        It's like that in Georgia too, bill of sale only with a car over a certain numbers of years old

Comment

I'm with Mike; sure they did a cool swap but they cheaped out elsewhere. And fart cans? Really? SMH.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I was at a car show today with a 93 Civic with a 3.2 TL motor in it. It was horribly done and barely fits.

This CRX is very nicely done.

Comment

horrible swap. its soo tight. i respect the work but its poorly done. shouldve at least did the J or C v6 swap

Comment

Lol at spending all that time to put that turd of a engine in

^INB4hate

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                  horrible swap. its soo tight. i respect the work but its poorly done. shouldve at least did the J or C v6 swap
                  That is a C series v6

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                    That is a C series v6
                    the DOHC version

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                      Lol at spending all that time to put that turd of a engine in

^INB4hate
                      No hate. Easily Honda's worst V6. Maybe their worst engine period outside of the K23A1

It was a nice engine though. Even the base version had a nice little top end pull. But the head gaskets....

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        No hate. Easily Honda's worst V6. Maybe their worst engine period outside of the K23A1

It was a nice engine though. Even the base version had a nice little top end pull. But the head gaskets....
                        you serious? worst honda v6, i beg the differ. i think the 2.7 out of the 94-97 accord was worse off

Comment

you serious? worst honda v6, i beg the differ. i think the 2.7 out of the 94-97 accord was worse off
                          didn't those things make the same hp as a f23? lol
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

That was just a smaller displacement transverse version of the Legend engine. You are right though, that might be the worst.

But this might be even worse, because they def had to cut out a RWD like transmission tunnel to get this in... so they were like, a diff + shaft away from this at least being RWD
                            Last edited by gloryaccordy; 07-16-2012, 09:30 AM.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Hasport did a J35 V6 swap to their CRX I believe. Videos are up on youtube somewhere

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X