No announcement yet.

My wife found out how much I spent on my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly the way I see it, it's just money... Doesn't do you any good if you don't spend it. I've got buddys with 50k+ in a car. Another friend of mine just hit $100 grand in his 69 camaro, and it doesn't have a motor/tranny, wiring, interior, or paint yet. It's getting just the body/metal work done now..the estimate was $32,000....paint not included. But when your dealing with someone who has a riddler winning build under his belt, you don't really ask what he charges

I'll probably have 20-30k im 65 t-bird when it's all said and done, and I'll do all the
    Work on it except paint and interior, and I get everything at
    Wholesale
    Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 07-08-2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
      Doesn't do you any good if you don't spend it.
      Does plenty good if you don't spend it.. Ideal to me would be spending your last dollar right before you die.. Less than ideal is being 70 years old, eating cat food, cuddled up by a open stove for heat, because you blew all your money on cars..

Comment

Honestly the way I see it, it's just money... Doesn't do you any good if you don't spend it. I've got buddys with 50k+ in a car. Another friend of mine just hit $100 grand in his 69 camaro, and it doesn't have a motor/tranny, wiring, interior, or paint yet. It's getting just the body/metal work done now..the estimate was $32,000....paint not included. But when your dealing with someone who has a riddler winning build under his belt, you don't really ask what he charges

I'll probably have 20-30k im 65 t-bird when it's all said and done, and I'll do all the
        Work on it except paint and interior, and I get everything at
        Wholesale
        i can understand 100 grand in a gullwing mercedes which is worth upwards towards 750k but 100k on a 69 camaro is ridonkulous.

id rather have a nova or chevy II which is worth 5k and throw in a ls1 swap and cruise with it than spend 100k and sit in a show room.

i don't even think camaros are woth that much, not as much as a challenger or any factory hemi car
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

shes only mad cause thats money she didnt get to spend on shoes.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
            My mom thinks I only spent 2,000 on it

Im only 15 and I spent like 7,000 on mine! BUT JEZUS 18K! WTF MAN, dedication.
            Alex works on corners

Junkyards sure do pay off quick huh?

To the OP: Give her cool down time, approach the ubject of WHY you spent that much and see how it goes. If you talk about the safety of her kids, you'll be let off the hook. But glad to see you're already back haha
            1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
            For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              i can understand 100 grand in a gullwing mercedes which is worth upwards towards 750k but 100k on a 69 camaro is ridonkulous.

id rather have a nova or chevy II which is worth 5k and throw in a ls1 swap and cruise with it than spend 100k and sit in a show room.

i don't even think camaros are woth that much, not as much as a challenger or any factory hemi car
              Ain't going to be sitting no where, it's being built as a driver. And it should apraise at well over $100k. It's got the best of the best in it, and will have some form of ls/6sp combo. It's
              a pro touring build. Everything under it is from Detroit speed, one off wheels, tons of unnoticeable body mods to get the look and ride height set. The body man cut every body panel off the car, dynamatted it, then rhino lined it, then put it back together. There are already NASCAR drivers asking about buying it when it's done. Dale jr.'s 69 camaro is sitting right beside it at the body shop, and it has a $300,000 build quote

But cars are what we do for a living, so we think of it more of an investment. Our shop was just a start up 10 years ago...winning the dub show 2 years in a row put us on the map
              Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 07-09-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Ain't going to be sitting no where, it's being built as a driver. And it should apraise at well over $100k. It's got the best of the best in it, and will have some form of ls/6sp combo. It's a pro touring build. Everything under it is from Detroit speed, one off wheels, tons of unnoticeable body mods to get the look and ride height set. The body man cut every body panel off the car, dynamatted it, then rhino lined it, then put it back together. There are already NASCAR drivers asking about buying it when it's done. Dale jr.'s 69 camaro is sitting right beside it at the body shop, and it has a $300,000 build quote
                Show us some pics. I know if i had seen all this stuff i would be snaping pics like crazy. So post us up some pics! Id like to see this car that all the NASCAR drivers are wanting. It must be pretty nice.

Comment

"But cars are what we do for a living, so we think of it more of an investment. Our shop was just a start up 10 years ago...winning the dub show 2 years in a row put us on the map"

Whats the name of your shop?

Comment

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
                    "But cars are what we do for a living, so we think of it more of an investment. Our shop was just a start up 10 years ago...winning the dub show 2 years in a row put us on the map"

Whats the name of your shop?
                    Pee dee customs in Wallace sc. The dub show comes to charolette nc, which is a bit over a hour away. Good show to win, and locally had kept us up as ive seen tons of shops come and go in the last 10 years...but were still here .the guy that owns the camaro has the build pics the body man sends him. When I see him again, I'll get them. When ever I get back over to the hide out shop, I'll snap pics of all the detroit speed stuff, it's stored there, because that's where we will put the car back together As for pics, we don't take a ton of them, guess its being from the pre-Internet generation. Don't stop to think about taking pics of every little thing. Might snap a pic of a frame that we just built, then a pic of the finished truck. Our shop is mainly your average bolt on mild custom shop, most of the full builds or over the top stuff is ours or our close friends we do just to have a good time. Our latest toy is a plasma table...thought it would be cool to play with, do one is sitting in my buddy's garage at his house

Just search pee dee customs MySpace for older pics or Facebook for newer ones. Drop jaw mag, in the show coverage for auto stock at the rock... We got tons of pics on it, and that's our basic daily driver set up, we didn't trailer any of the show rides there
                    Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 07-09-2012, 02:56 PM.

Comment

20k into a CB7 wow

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Ain't going to be sitting no where, it's being built as a driver. And it should apraise at well over $100k. It's got the best of the best in it, and will have some form of ls/6sp combo. It's
                        a pro touring build. Everything under it is from Detroit speed, one off wheels, tons of unnoticeable body mods to get the look and ride height set. The body man cut every body panel off the car, dynamatted it, then rhino lined it, then put it back together. There are already NASCAR drivers asking about buying it when it's done. Dale jr.'s 69 camaro is sitting right beside it at the body shop, and it has a $300,000 build quote

But cars are what we do for a living, so we think of it more of an investment. Our shop was just a start up 10 years ago...winning the dub show 2 years in a row put us on the map
                        oh, i thought it was a frame off resto
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'll probably have 20-30k im 65 t-bird when it's all said and done, and I'll do all the work on it except paint and interior, and I get everything at
                          Wholesale
                          I'd love to see that. I dig the old T-Birds!

Originally posted by stevediraddo View Post
                          shes only mad cause thats money she didnt get to spend on shoes.
                          lol! How'd you know?

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
                          Show us some pics. I know if i had seen all this stuff i would be snaping pics like crazy. So post us up some pics! Id like to see this car that all the NASCAR drivers are wanting. It must be pretty nice.
                          x2!!
                          Originally posted by HardInThePaint
                          Girls should most definitely rep the shocker. Embrace the shocker.

Be one with the shocker.

My ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187897

Comment

Originally posted by hondamikk View Post
                            Yes, he really did. There's more than a few things on there not listed. Or, as I said, perhaps I got ripped off. But don't question my integrity please bro. Unless you mean I spent more, in which case I misread.
                            not questioning your integrity. if i was to say something like wow you must be stupid to spend 18k on your car then that would be it. honestly don't care if you spend 1.8k or 18k as long as it makes you happy since you are the one footing the bill

what i was pointing out was the validity of your appraisal, overestimation or ripped off or the combination of both

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                              not questioning your integrity. if i was to say something like wow you must be stupid to spend 18k on your car then that would be it. honestly don't care if you spend 1.8k or 18k as long as it makes you happy since you are the one footing the bill

what i was pointing out was the validity of your appraisal, overestimation or ripped off or the combination of both
                              I must've misinterpreted the statement then brother. My apologies. I should've clarified before getting all defensive.
                              Originally posted by HardInThePaint
                              Girls should most definitely rep the shocker. Embrace the shocker.

Be one with the shocker.

My ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187897

Comment

I deff know the feeling. No sooner than I got home between the 3 CB's I have I wish not to talk about how much I have in all of mine....and worst part is I am not even over 300 WHP yet ( I am well on the way ). But either way andd like many have said you gotta pay to play!!!!
                                The CB7 Collector.
                                Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                                92 EX Sedan F22A1
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                                X