No announcement yet.

My wife found out how much I spent on my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would cry if the total amount spent on my piece(including purchase price) exceeded 3.5k. but then again it doesnt make 300+ HP

Comment

I spent less on my 8th gen Accord and g35x combined..

Comment

i got 9k into my Cosworth Vega and its still on jackstands

ask daheavyking about it

if you are a responsible family man or woman then however much you spend on a car really doesn't matter as long as you are happy with it

and the old saying goes....

"how fast you wanna go?.....how much money you got?"
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I've probably got 10k into my CB7, and it hasn't been on the road for 4 years. It's REALLY not hard to drop a large amount of money into a car over time, especially when you're dealing with engine building. I was planning a 600hp turbo build, and I hit 12k before I realized it was way more than I cared to spend!
          And losing my man card or not, I think if I wanted a built engine, I'd pay to have it built. To my specs, according to my research... but I'd pay someone that has experience doing such things to actually put it together. That's far too much money to learn as I go.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I've probably got 10k into my CB7, and it hasn't been on the road for 4 years. It's REALLY not hard to drop a large amount of money into a car over time, especially when you're dealing with engine building. I was planning a 600hp turbo build, and I hit 12k before I realized it was way more than I cared to spend!
            And losing my man card or not, I think if I wanted a built engine, I'd pay to have it built. To my specs, according to my research... but I'd pay someone that has experience doing such things to actually put it together. That's far too much money to learn as I go.
            I've got at least 2k into my car and that include the 400 for buying the car. I hope i don't spend more than 5k once the brakes, rust and paint is done.

Comment

it all adds up, i just spent 1900 in 1.5 weeks on my car.

i don't make purchases like that all the time but car modding is a lifestyle.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Whether or not it matters, if you are happy with the mods you have done, then what else really matters? Of course some might question why you did it, but it's normal as most people have different priorities. Glad to hear you worked it out with the little lady. Cheers!

Comment

If you pay retail for anything performace oriented your gonna end up dumping at least 10k into an properly turbo'd or N/A car.

I payed 550 for my set of 15x6.5 traklites, shipped to my door. - retail is almost 1200 bucks.

I paid 190 for my clutchmasters aluminum flywheel, retail is like 300-320.

350 for a engine and transmission from a 112k 97 5 spd ex accord just like mine to swap in because I spun a rod/main bearing due to a neglected injector. Many places want 550 at LEAST.

For an H22A4 that I'm going to resleeve anyways, theres NO way i'm paying more than 500 dollars even for a fullly working engine with good compression. You just have to be patient and look when buying car stuff. I'n the end I'll be dumping around 12-14k into my CD5. However thats considering stripping the car down and replacing virtually every old nut/bolt and componets, repainting the frame and body, suspension, drivetrain and engine.

If you want to look at it one way, I'll be rebuilding my CD5 as if it was comming out of the factory, only with 3x the power to the ground. It'll last me for another 200k unless I wreck it.

The secret with money is to hang onto it until someone else is desperate, buy their shit up for cheap and make good decisions. I bought my own welder, engine stand, engine hoist, air compressor, air tools, etc. its an extra cost to some guys, but I wont have to pay anyone to do my work because I don't have the gear. In that light I save some money and enjoy some toys, and friends owe me a lil cash for my help and use of tools on a weekend. or at the very least dinner n some beer

Don't get rash, be smart with your cash!

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak View Post
                    18k is retarded for a 20 year old fwd with only 330hp.

unless you paid someone to do it all, but then youd lose your man card. but youve got a family, so you dont have time to build a car anyway. making spending that much on this shit of a car (lets be honest) even worse.

/dickpost
                    First off...lol @ dickpost. You're of course entitled to your opinion bro. I just love my car, but to be honest, it wasn't supposed to be that much spent on it.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Exactly Deev. Everything that I could do on the car myself with confidence, I've done. But the motor and turbo...too expensive to make a mistake.

Originally posted by skilzz View Post
                    i would cry if the total amount spent on my piece(including purchase price) exceeded 3.5k. but then again it doesnt make 300+ HP
                    Actually, I'm pushing like 405hp to the wheels right now, I just don't have the dyno printout to prove it. lol
                    Originally posted by HardInThePaint
                    Girls should most definitely rep the shocker. Embrace the shocker.

Be one with the shocker.

My ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187897

Comment

I thought you meant 1800 but 18,000.... damn! I saw your ride thread so i can see how that happened but it's still a bit of a shock. I would have thrown you out too.

Showed this to my girl..... she immediately asked if I would do the same.

I reassured her that would never happen.... but maybe 10k

Comment

Originally posted by hondamikk View Post
                        lol @ titty bar. The wife and I will be cool. It was the initial shock of the dollar amount that made her flip. But with 17 years of marriage behind us, we've been through worse.

P.S. - I'm back at home now, chillin on the patio with a cold one in hand and iPad in lap.
                        Hell yeah good for you man! Have a cold one for me.

Comment

if you spent 18k for the Car + mods then I guess that's understandable if you bought the car a LONG time ago?

I purchased my CB7 for 4600 back in 2003 and it was pretty much bone stock. I had to spend nearly 900 a month later for all new brakes (i was 16) didn't know how to fix stuff and lived in an apartment so I couldn't work on stuff.

Then had to replace the mounts, radiator, bought tires/wheels for 1250....yeah Ive probably got over 15k into my car since 2003 including the cost of the car and the H22 w/ LSD tranny, Auto to 5spd mounts, clutch, flywheel and labor to install all that.

So if that's the way your funds were spent then that's understandable. But if you dumped 18k into the engine/turbo setup alone?.......yeah that can be tough to swallow even if you had someone else do all the work.

I can't see more than 10k for all that there
                          Last edited by Losiracer2; 07-08-2012, 06:28 PM.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

theres nothing more ridiculous than other people trying to decide what other people should be doing with their money.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                            The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                              theres nothing more ridiculous than other people trying to decide what other people should be doing with their money.
                              I think there's a profession for that

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

we are all investment advisors.
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X