My wife found out how much I spent on my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom thinks I only spent 2,000 on it

Im only 15 and I spent like 7,000 on mine! BUT JEZUS 18K! WTF MAN, dedication.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post

Where in the hell did you get $7000? lol just wondering...

Comment

7000 ? and you're 15 -__-
        10th Anniversary Accord.
        05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

18k? Holy crap! I just spent 16k on an entire 400hp car!
          When I was 14, I made 2000 in a single summer working my ass off. Granted, that was in 1994... but still... $7000 at 15 is pretty crazy!

Comment

How in the hell did you spend 18k on a 20 year old car?!?

Or why?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post

your the pimp.....

Comment

7k at 15 years old, if you have it to spend, is reasonable. That's an age where you can essentially be irresponsible and enjoy your money.

18k when you're married with a child is indeed a bit much, unless you truly have that much disposable income. I don't see anything wrong with putting that much into a 20 year old car. People do it with 30 year old cars, or 40 year old cars. Perhaps an Accord isn't a classic Mustang or Impala, but to an enthusiast, it's worth it. Still, a car is a poor investment, ESPECIALLY one like an Accord, that doesn't have much resale value when fully restored or heavily modified. A CB7 with $18,000 put into it will sell for no more than $4000, guaranteed... whereas a 64 Impala with $18,000 dumped into restoration could sell for $30,000.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                  How in the hell did you spend 18k on a 20 year old car?!?

Or why?
                  we are on a forum dedicated to cb7 so most knows the cost of parts and basic labor rates. take a look at his car and parts, do you really think he spend "18k" on it?

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                    we are on a forum dedicated to cb7 so most knows the cost of parts and basic labor rates. take a look at his car and parts, do you really think he spend "18k" on it?
                    Yes, he really did. There's more than a few things on there not listed. Or, as I said, perhaps I got ripped off. But don't question my integrity please bro. Unless you mean I spent more, in which case I misread.
                    Last edited by hondamikk; 07-08-2012, 02:22 AM.
                    Originally posted by HardInThePaint
                    Girls should most definitely rep the shocker. Embrace the shocker.

Be one with the shocker.

My ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187897

Comment

And yeah, unfortunately Deev is right, for all the money invested, I'd never get a good return on it should I sell the car.

Be one with the shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
                        Im not gonna lie, if i wasnt driving 330hp would scare me shitless too.

IDK bro She cant stay mad long. So enjoy it! If i were you id hit up the titty bar tonight!

EDIT: im just kidding btw.
                        lol @ titty bar. The wife and I will be cool. It was the initial shock of the dollar amount that made her flip. But with 17 years of marriage behind us, we've been through worse.

P.S. - I'm back at home now, chillin on the patio with a cold one in hand and iPad in lap.

Be one with the shocker.

Comment

18k is retarded for a 20 year old fwd with only 330hp.

unless you paid someone to do it all, but then youd lose your man card. but youve got a family, so you dont have time to build a car anyway. making spending that much on this shit of a car (lets be honest) even worse.

/dickpost
                          Last edited by texasvtak; 07-08-2012, 06:40 AM.
                          To-Do List for Today
                          Be Awesome

Comment

I can see how it happens, I dumped nearly $20k in to a 99 civic in just over 2 months. I've had hood rats dump $30k into a caprice with a bent frame at the shop, before summer started, a d boy put $40,000 into a 4 door 72 Chevy he got out a junkyard, and I dont think he still has been able to get a title for it.

Hell I had a brake pad hanging on my cb9, after looking at it, and $2000 in the same day, I had everything from the firewall foward replaced. All the suspension, ps rack, radiator, hoses,vacume lines...if it unbolted, I replaced it

Comment

Think of it this way.

Fast and cheap is not reliable
                              Fast and reliable is not cheap
                              Cheap and reliable is not fast

I know how money get thrown into a car. We have about $10,000 dumped into the Corolla and we only run high 13s with it. Next year we are going turbo. I can just imagine how much I will be spending!

When you buy quality parts, things start to get expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak View Post
                                18k is retarded for a 20 year old fwd with only 330hp.

unless you paid someone to do it all, but then youd lose your man card. but youve got a family, so you dont have time to build a car anyway. making spending that much on this shit of a car (lets be honest) even worse.

/dickpost
                                awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X