USB NES game pads. Has anyone used one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB NES game pads. Has anyone used one?

Every now and then I get the urge to play old games on emulators. It's not that fun playing oldschool NES games with a modern controller, though! I want to feel like I'm playing the old NES.

So I found this thing here. It's pretty cheap, and looks the part. I was wondering if any of you guys have ever used one. Is it compatible with the more common emulators?

I don't have one one of those but i've seen them all the time at Microcenter. Really i don't see why that wouldn't be compatible with Nesticle since you should be able to set the controls however you like through the emulator, besides it's USB.

Comment

True. Though I know I had some issues in the past with compatibility. Granted, I'm sure everything is much better now than it was!

Comment

the link you posted is probably going to be your best bet. i use PS2 controller for everything including, PC, GC, PS3, sega, nes, snes, etc.

vista, and windows 7 have stepped up alot from XP in the identifying/supported drivers department.
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Wow I haven't used emulators in a while.

Although I have an actual NES so when I have the urge to play it, I just unbox it and plug it in.

I actually have pretty much every system except Xbox, dreamcast, and Atari.

My favorite emu system is Neogeo.

I have something like 230 games for it.

Fucking love that shit.

On my pc I just use the ps3 controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            Wow I haven't used emulators in a while.

Although I have an actual NES so when I have the urge to play it, I just unbox it and plug it in.

I actually have pretty much every system except Xbox, dreamcast, and Atari.

My favorite emu system is Neogeo.

I have something like 230 games for it.

Fucking love that shit.

On my pc I just use the ps3 controller.
            Love my dreamcast. Shenmue 1 and 2(PAL version) are my two favorite games on it next to Record of Lodoss War. All three games have awesome story lines in addition to the graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
              Love my dreamcast. Shenmue 1 and 2(PAL version) are my two favorite games on it next to Record of Lodoss War. All three games have awesome story lines in addition to the graphics.
              Never played the first two, but Lodoss war was a good game.

I had a dreamcast many moons ago, don't remember what happened to it.

It was a hand-me-down.

Comment

btw-deev what happened to DiabloIII?

Your already playing NES lol....so did you beat it?

Comment

I never played any of the Lodoss War games. I only knew it as an anime...

I haven't played Diablo 3 in a while. I beat it on the easiest level, and going through it again isn't really as fun. I like getting super powerful weapons and blowing through the easy levels.

Comment

Oh there was only one Lodoss game unless you want to count the Super Famicom that never came to the US. The game only took place in the world of Lodoss.

Shenmue was an open world adventure game, on Dreamcast, similar to any of the Yakuza games on the PS2 and PS3. You're a dude setting out to find out why your father was murdered and to get revenge.

Comment

My buddy has 2 of them...played with them before. Not sure about the compatibility tho.
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Working...
                      X