Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father got a $250 violation for vehicle standing in front of handicap spaces (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here in california I would have gave your dad a ticket too you are not required to leave your car, as long as you block or obstruct any handicap parking on public or private property you can be cited. look up the v.c. They cited your dad for then go from there
    MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

Originally posted by eriemoto. View Post
      What would you have done differently in this case? It was only a ~5 minute wait in order for your passenger to use the ATM.
      Honestly, I'd drive around the block, and pick up my passenger in a few minutes after they use the ATM. Or I'd go to another branch... of course, that's easy for me, because the bank I use (which sucks for everything but this) is found EVERYWHERE. I can drive to about 5 branches in under 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Honestly, I'd drive around the block, and pick up my passenger in a few minutes after they use the ATM. Or I'd go to another branch... of course, that's easy for me, because the bank I use (which sucks for everything but this) is found EVERYWHERE. I can drive to about 5 branches in under 15 minutes.
        Would you really think, "Hey, I don't want to block these spots for ~5 minutes, let me drive around a few times until my passenger is done?"

If you were obviously blocking the flow of traffic, than it is obvious that you cycle around.

Spur of the moment, I believe anyone would have stopped SOMEWHERE in that parking lot before even thinking about driving around. I mean, obviously if you knew you would get ticketed for it, you would not be standing there and start driving around, but if you had no idea, standing would be the first choice IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
          you don't have to be parked at a marked spot to be parked... know what i'm sayin?

i can park on a highway if i really wanted to while not leaving my car

2 dicks don't make a right

WRONG.....

parkingpresent participle of park (Verb)

Verb:

1.Bring (a vehicle that one is driving) to a halt and leave it temporarily, typically in a parking lot or by the side of the road.
          2.Deposit and leave in a convenient place until required: "park your bag by the door".
          SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Originally posted by eriemoto. View Post
            Would you really think, "Hey, I don't want to block these spots for ~5 minutes, let me drive around a few times until my passenger is done?"

If you were obviously blocking the flow of traffic, than it is obvious that you cycle around.

Spur of the moment, I believe anyone would have stopped SOMEWHERE in that parking lot before even thinking about driving around. I mean, obviously if you knew you would get ticketed for it, you would not be standing there and start driving around, but if you had no idea, standing would be the first choice IMO.
            Personally i would have stopped behind already taken spots, You know you're not blocking anyones path that way and you could easily see them get into the car while you wait.

Comment

aiding in helping america lazy. there had to be parking somewhere.
              so you gotta walk, I cant stand people that do this.
              its the lazyness that gets me.

I could understand if your in a hurry, or a child in the car under 5.
              not saying the cop was right, but America at its finest.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                aiding in helping america lazy. there had to be parking somewhere.
                so you gotta walk, I cant stand people that do this.
                its the lazyness that gets me.

I could understand if your in a hurry, or a child in the car under 5.
                not saying the cop was right, but America at its finest.
                Why would you take a spot for less than 5 minutes when someone else might need that spot because they're actually going inside the bank?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  Why would you take a spot for less than 5 minutes when someone else might need that spot because they're actually going inside the bank?
                  because I am not a child or disabled.
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

because I am not a child or disabled.
                    I just think its stupid to take a spot in a probably tiny parking lot when someone else would need it more.

Comment

I just think its stupid to take a spot in a probably tiny parking lot when someone else would need it more.
                      do you also find it stupid that the people that do that don't get 250 dollar tickets.

your part of americas laziness.
                      not to mention your need to disagree with whatever I say. I love it.
                      your parents clearly taught you book smarts and not street smarts.

oh children. I am done with this thread now.
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

do you also find it stupid that the people that do that don't get 250 dollar tickets.

your part of americas laziness.
                        not to mention your need to disagree with whatever I say. I love it.
                        your parents clearly taught you book smarts and not street smarts.

oh children. I am done with this thread now.
                        lol you're such a tool.

Comment

lol you're such a tool.
                          said I wasn't gunna say anymore to you, and its just that easy..

but to the OP...sorry bro, cop should have def not gotten on his case, and just kindly asked him to move.
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

said I wasn't gunna say anymore to you, and its just that easy..

but to the OP...sorry bro, cop should have def not gotten on his case, and just kindly asked him to move.

lol

Comment

its just easier to put you on ignore...
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X