Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motor vehicles downgraded my licence for nothing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor vehicles downgraded my licence for nothing!

I just got my licence back last year which was supposed to have a "N" on it for not being allowed to drive after midnight to 6am but they gave me a regular licence(drive anytime) and now they want it back a year later and I gotta wait another year to get the regular licence back, like WTF, how can they do that? I didn't give them back the regular licence yet and they mailed me the downgraded licence last week. Worst part is that I work all night so I needs my 9 to get around! Can I put a lawyer on motor vehicles or something? They should just leave me alone if they f'd up!
    4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Did you get a ticket or something? I'm sure there is a special exception to the rule when it comes to driving to and from work as well.

Comment

How old are you? Here in Mass if you are under 18 you can't drive between the hours of 12:30am and 5:00am. It doesn't matter if you have a job between those hours(which under 18 and working those hours is illegal anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
        How old are you? Here in Mass if you are under 18 you can't drive between the hours of 12:30am and 5:00am. It doesn't matter if you have a job between those hours(which under 18 and working those hours is illegal anyway).
        You could be involved with school activities that could keep you out that late as well.

Comment

I'm 29. Lol... I don't have any tickets because the first year after being suspended they gave me 1point on my licence and any ticket takes at least 2 points of my licence. I live in nova scotia, canaduuh.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            You could be involved with school activities that could keep you out that late as well.
            alright, pops.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

IF it's the same principle as here:

It applies from when you hand your license in (Though you can still be ticketed for using the incorrect license)
              Seeing as you continued with the regular license without handing it in, then your at fault, and you still need to do the 1 years limited license.

You KNEW that you were supposed to have a "N" license, and YOU chose not to sort it out.
              Now they are sorting it out for you . . . At your "inconvenience"
              It could have been more convenient if you had done it when you first got your license back

Just saying - That's how it works here, Maybe your the same, maybe not.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                alright, pops.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  Any school would provide buses for all activities you MUST attend. And I have never seen a school keep anybody out past 12:00am

Comment

When I applied to drive to work last year a week after I got my licence back motor vehicles told me I don't have a N on my licence and I don't need it and sent me away after looking it up! And I was there like 3-4 other times for plates, etc... I work full time night shift(6pm-4am) for the past 5 years so I'm always up all night cruisin through the city when I'm off and this will be hell to me now. Lol... Not driving after midnight when your day starts at like 4-5pm = major blowage:/ Their error is their fault, but why do they want to make a 29 year old who's been driving for like 13+ years sit at home like I'm a kid any way? Lol. I think a whole year gone by with no tickets is pretty f'n great!

When I lost my licence for that year it was from doing 70km/hr in a 60km, but they didn't even tell me.... 2 months after the ticket I took the new mandatory driving course to get the "N" off my licence and headed to motor vehicles to upgrade my licence. Lol... They upgraded it and then the woman was like sorry sir u've been suspended for the past 2 months and we forgot to tell u so we have to take your licence now, have fun getting home. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
                      Any school would provide buses for all activities you MUST attend. And I have never seen a school keep anybody out past 12:00am
                      I'm talking about after school activities like clubs and shit. Like if we had a field trip to a far away place the bus for the field trip would leave at like 5am so you had to be there really early.

In my state you can drive in those restricted hours if you're going to and from school or work.

Comment

I had the same issue, kinda. I had to apply to drive to and from work for back shift.

But when I moved to Calgary and switched my license over they took the N off for me, lol.
                        My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X