Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone watch Barter Kings?

Is this show bullshit or what?

I just watched the first episode, and supposedly this guy started out with a $700 laptop and ended up with a lifted truck he sold for $9300.

I guess if you find the right stupid people, with valuable shit and no money, it could work. It just seems a little far fetched to believe.

so he's basically trading things to get something better?

Comment

It ain't happening in real life.
      It will be rather hard finding even one person who A. wants your item and is willing to trade and B. generous and/or stupid enough to lose a big chunk of money on this trade
      Now try finding multiple people who will be willing to lose money on trades...
      Sorry, but I just don't see this happening consistently. It may be a once-in-a-lifetime coincidence to trade a laptop for a truck (I realize that there were 4-5 trades involved in the process)
      It is just a TV show. Nothing else.

Comment

There was a guy a while ago who started with a paperclip and traded up to eventually get a house. That was real, lol. But it didnt happen in no 2 weeks, lmao.
        My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

He didn't trade the laptop for the truck but traded the laptop for something else that was worth a little more. Then traded that item and so on. Eventually he got the lifted truck. I watched that episode and it was a ford f350 that was a project truck.

Comment

We trade stuff all the time. . Buddy had $1500 in a blazer and a few trades later got a $20,000 drag car, he is about to trade for a freshly restored 72 ss Chevelle. Hell my cb9 came along in a package deal trade for a truck I actually made money on. We swap stuff all the time, usually starting out with rims or car audio, and we wind up with cars or boats, which we sell for cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx View Post
              There was a guy a while ago who started with a paperclip and traded up to eventually get a house. That was real, lol. But it didnt happen in no 2 weeks, lmao.
              I think there was a kid that started off with something really stupid and somehow ended with a porsche. It was in the headlines online for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                It ain't happening in real life.
                It will be rather hard finding even one person who A. wants your item and is willing to trade and B. generous and/or stupid enough to lose a big chunk of money on this trade
                Now try finding multiple people who will be willing to lose money on trades...
                Sorry, but I just don't see this happening consistently. It may be a once-in-a-lifetime coincidence to trade a laptop for a truck (I realize that there were 4-5 trades involved in the process)
                It is just a TV show. Nothing else.
                Happens all the time. You be surprised at what people have they don't need. Ive swapped a laptop and a set of tires for a golf cart before. Dude kid needed the lap top and tires because he was going off to school, and they didn't use the golf cart anymore. If you can start with daily use items that cost a decent amount..laptops, iPads, tv's people will trade them for higher ticket items like boats, atv's and such, because they don't use them. And if your looking, laptops, iPads, and tv's you can find cheap, usually from people who bought them with tax return checks, and now need money. Around here, boats and golf carts are the thing to start with. People who had a boat when their kids lived with them, now go to the beach, and will trade the boat for a golf cart. We also have a big river here do a cheap John boat, you can trade for say a golf cart or cars. Hell I've had people trade in cars for rims. I work at a car customizing shop, people who just put down
                A large chunk for a down payment are Short on cash and will trade in all kind of stuff for their new ride. And we kinda of got a policy, if we can't at least double up, we dont trade, but then we will
                Buy almost anything we can double up on
                Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 07-01-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

bah bam !!
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx View Post

LOLOL

LOLOLOL@ this thread.

Comment

does anybody else think this thread is full of exaggeration?

people don't trade useless junk for boats or fully built drag cars left and right

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                        does anybody else think this thread is full of exaggeration?

people don't trade useless junk for boats or fully built drag cars left and right
                        http://www.autointhenews.com/teen-tr...he-in-2-years/

Same story but from a more credible source.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...rre&id=7566611

Comment

I'm in the process of trading my guns for a 92 Prelude BA8. Trading works only when both people value eachothers items.

Comment

I trade my time and labour for money 44 hours a week.

Comment

How do you think Pawn shops make money.

Its exactly the same principle.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                              I trade my time and labour for money 44 hours a week.
                              Win

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X