Pocket Dyno app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pocket Dyno app

Anyone fiddled with this free app? i haven't just yet but seen it do pretty consist 0-60 vs factory specifications and also seen it get within 10-15whp of an actual dyno.

Just something fun to mess around with for me. If you know of any other cool free car related app's let me know i'd be interested in checking them out.
    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 06-30-2012, 02:12 AM.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

If it's what I'm thinking, it just uses the phone's accelerometer. Not bad, and essentially what you'd get from a G-Tech unit (at least the old ones, which I had one... sucked... ) If it's free, it's worth playing with. The only real use, at least where I am, is at a track. No other place would allow me to really open it up safely on a totally flat surface.

Comment

Thats exactly what it uses, i'm just concered with the 0-60 if anything it also gives you a time slip,tree'n times, 60ft up to 1/4 mile, whp, g's etc. If you buy the upgraded version it will give you more things including dyno sheets lol.

The real good ones ofcourse cost or you have to have a obd2 link up wire for ones like Logworks (innovate motorsports) check's AFR's and alot more aswell as the Bosh light em up app. I seen the log works come damn close to actual dyno results and it's easier to use as where pocket dyno is inconsistent on things unless it absolutely setup right which some say takes abit compared to others, but it was free and easier than pushing go and stop to get a 0-60 it doesn't start counting until you move.

Just something to play around with ya know nothing serious as my only running car made 115hp/tq in 94 so i'm sure it's no race car lol, but would like to see improvements (If any) when i put some bolt on's for shits and giggles...stock 0-60 43.78 sec's full bolt on's 43.77.99 ha
      Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 06-30-2012, 04:17 AM.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Is this an iOS thing? Or does android have it too? I'd like to fiddle with it, but I couldn't find it in the google play market.

I like blue

Comment

I phone i think the android has a few IIRC one is called ADyno and dynomaster

02 Crv

Comment

android has a few, and most of them are free.. there are a couple paid versions but, i highly doubt that they're worth buying.. most buy apps only remove the advertisements...

Android apps:
            eDyno
            Garmin Mechanic
            Virtual Dyno
            RaceDroid Lite
            HPC - Virtual Dyno
            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Yeah pocket dyno only has one and it's for a game from them. Does anyone know if you can use logworks without the obd2 link up wire? I know i wouldn't be getting all the data, but seems i could use the basics still.

Found out that you can use it for 0-60, fuel efficiency, and HP i'll probably switch to it. But suck's you can't data log it's only for 96+ vehicles.
              Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 06-30-2012, 04:13 PM.

02 Crv

Comment

i had the pocket blow off valve. it was pretty interesting. lol

Comment

Yeah i seen something on that what exactly does it do?

02 Crv

Comment

Switched to logworks seems to be better and more options even without the OT-OBD2 link up cord. For free ya can't beat it especially if you have a IPhone and a 96+ car so much it can do as far as logging data for something that's free.

What you get if you don't have the OT-OBD2 link up wire....
                    Printable/email'ed dyno graph.
                    ET's 0-60 up to 1/4 and top speed.
                    G forces.
                    Fuel efficiency log.
                    And probably more but that's all i remember at the moment.

I'll give it a try once i get my intake done and set it back to 10* BTDC.
                    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 06-30-2012, 09:44 PM.

02 Crv

Comment

Working...
                    X