Any health buffs here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
    ive been doing that.Ive changed alot from what i used to do and eat. As big as i am , i eat small . No more than a small bowl of food and then at that rate im stuffing myself.Ive been going to the ymca where my best friends mom is a aerobics instructor.Ive also went as far as trying my friend's insanity videos.That makes me sore for work.
    How much sleep are you getting a night? Believe it or not that plays a big role too. Staying plenty hydrated helps too.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
      How much sleep are you getting a night? Believe it or not that plays a big role too. Staying plenty hydrated helps too.
      Absolutely. Sleep is the key to anything you do. if you dont get good dedicated sleep in a nice set routine you'll never be as good as you can be.

@ferenza

Lean muscle is what burns more fat. not bulk muscle.

Also human bodies are like an engine, the more air they take in the more fuel they need to burn. try to breathe deper all the time and you'll find it easier to lose weight. not only because your body will take in more oxygen, but you will in turn be less fatigued.

Reps reps reps! elevated heart rate 120 -140 bpm for at LEAST 45 mins don't worry about distance ran, stairs climbed or distance rowed on any machine, heartrate over time is the key to weight loss. If your lungs dont feel like thye are on fire from fueling yo body, your doing it wrong.

Comment

Had a great tri & back workout today. Im deffinetely seeing an increase in reps on the back extensions. Feeling much better.

Ferenza: ill message you when I get on a computer, possibly tomorrow.
        1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
        1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
        Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Originally posted by 91H22ACB7 View Post
          Had a great tri & back workout today. Im deffinetely seeing an increase in reps on the back extensions. Feeling much better.

Keep up the good work man. consistency is a big factor. even if you don't do alot when you were there, at least you went to work out.

I just strive to be better than I was yesterday, I don't worry about anyone else or anything besides what matters: myself getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
            Keep up the good work man. consistency is a big factor. even if you don't do alot when you were there, at least you went to work out.

I just strive to be better than I was yesterday, I don't worry about anyone else or anything besides what matters: myself getting better.
            Thanks for the motivation man.
            Im starting to ease into heavier weights, im not feeling any pain on the days after so I think im back into the swing of things again.
            1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

OMG. Best workout I've had since I've been back lifting. Ate dinner @ 5pm wheat pita (1 slice white american cheese, easy on the mayo, spicy turkey breasy deli meat) 2 rice cakes and raw broccoli and carrots.

Then at 6:40, took my jack3d, and went to rest my eyes, got up at 7 and it was game on!

Leg extensions, shrugs, leg press(feels good repping 390 again ), dumb bell shoulder press.

I now know I have an issue, well maybe not an issue. I had 3 guys like stare at me as I grabbed to 60 lb dumb bells for my second set of shrugs. Holy crap, having people like blankly stare really gets me pumped. =)

Then I went over to the cable machine to do behind the back shrugs (belly gets in the way) and did 100 lbs of that.

My Workout Log

Comment

When you started training ,What did you do first? I myself weigh about 340 and it seems i cant lose the weight.

Ive tried diets and they suck.I have a nutritionist and he doesnt really help me at all except tells me to eat alot of salads and less sugar(which ive been doing anyway).I barely drink soda and when i do its only gingerale.I drink water. I cut most red meats from my diet and largely eat chicken mainly baked skinless with alot of veggies.

For exercise , in the mornings before work i walk the mountain (2.2 miles long).My job requires me to walk and lift heavy people (over 400lbs) and carry their ass up and down stairs all day.I dont eat lunch most times.After work i usually have more chicken and salad , then head to my friends house to weight lift . I dont late night snack and i love tuna fish with mustard

I weighed myself one morning at 357 and then the following week i weighed myself and weighed 372.I got pissed and quit because it seems like im getting heavier even when im trying.Oh and after i stopped i wieghed myself again and went down to 340 As a kid i was always bigger and taller than my peers .But what the hell am i doing wrong?

This is what worked for me, I was damn strict in what I ate and working out, I literally blasted 50 lbs off in 2~ months, my fiance lost 35 lbs herself.

Gym: I went 6, IF NOT 7 nights a week. First two weeks were cardio, 3mph no less for ATLEAST 30 minutes. Then I progressed with light weight training, just cause its fun :P and bumped up the cardio length and then eventually throwing in running for 1 minute, 2 minute, and so on, whatever I could muster.

Food: Skinless chicken breast, rice and veggies, season however you like, just be weary of salt content. That is about all I ate, boring, I know. George Forman grill works great for this. =D Go to publix and find "Mahatma Gold Parboiled rice" It is the most nothing-est rice I could find.

I would usually drink a slim fast in the morning with SKIM milk, strawberry is DELICIOUS, just because I never ate breakfast and its full of vitamins and minerals.

EAT, EAT, EAT! I always had snacks at work, almonds, raw carrots, broccoli, grapes, apples, bananas. I would always treat myself with a 100 calorie snack pack as desert, they sell em at publix and stuff, nabisco makes a bunch of varieties I think.

DRINK, DRINK, DRINK! Water, water, water. Fuck soda, fuck gatorade, G2 is acceptable in my book, no vitamin water. A great boss, who I still work with, said this to me, would you rather DRINK your carbohydrates or EAT them and god damn that made a ton of sense.

Dont eat after 8, or 3-4 hours before bed.

I went from 328 to 278lbs~

Do you need to go as strict as I did to see a change? No.

I was this strict in order to loss weight quick, fiance had a wedding she was maid of honor in and she wanted to cut weight so I was there to support her and to better myself as well.

Honestly man, if you need any advice, or have any questions, contact me. No, I dont know everything, but what I do know is what I did worked for me and her and Im proud of it.

My Workout Log

Comment

Yesterday was a rest day so no action then.

On my way now to the gym now, this whole week will mainly be cardio, with hi rep/low weight sets thrown in to maintain the muscles, on their respective days of course.

My Workout Log

Comment

10 minutes cardio

40~ 20lb dumbell chest presses, followed by 30 25lb

10 minutes cardio

27(l) 30 (r) 15lb dumbell curls, followed by 20 20lb (l&r)

10 minutes cardio

50 45lb pec flys, followed by 25 75lb

Welcome to cardio week. =D

I laid this out myself, nothing special, basically 2 hi-rep sets, with the second set being %50 or higher reps of first.

Heart rate was above 150 bpm the whole time according to the treadmill.

Im feeling good.
                    Last edited by 91H22ACB7; 09-17-2012, 11:38 PM.

My Workout Log

Comment

This is what worked for me, I was damn strict in what I ate and working out, I literally blasted 50 lbs off in 2~ months, my fiance lost 35 lbs herself.

Gym: I went 6, IF NOT 7 nights a week. First two weeks were cardio, 3mph no less for ATLEAST 30 minutes. Then I progressed with light weight training, just cause its fun :P and bumped up the cardio length and then eventually throwing in running for 1 minute, 2 minute, and so on, whatever I could muster.

Food: Skinless chicken breast, rice and veggies, season however you like, just be weary of salt content. That is about all I ate, boring, I know. George Forman grill works great for this. =D Go to publix and find "Mahatma Gold Parboiled rice" It is the most nothing-est rice I could find.

I would usually drink a slim fast in the morning with SKIM milk, strawberry is DELICIOUS, just because I never ate breakfast and its full of vitamins and minerals.

EAT, EAT, EAT! I always had snacks at work, almonds, raw carrots, broccoli, grapes, apples, bananas. I would always treat myself with a 100 calorie snack pack as desert, they sell em at publix and stuff, nabisco makes a bunch of varieties I think.

DRINK, DRINK, DRINK! Water, water, water. Fuck soda, fuck gatorade, G2 is acceptable in my book, no vitamin water. A great boss, who I still work with, said this to me, would you rather DRINK your carbohydrates or EAT them and god damn that made a ton of sense.

I was this strict in order to loss weight quick, fiance had a wedding she was maid of honor in and she wanted to cut weight so I was there to support her and to better myself as well.

Honestly man, if you need any advice, or have any questions, contact me. No, I dont know everything, but what I do know is what I did worked for me and her and Im proud of it.
                      You have a very strict diet and i think im going to tighten up what i eat and when i eat it.I drink alot of gatorade also because it had a lower sugar content than soda and juice so now imma cut it all out.
                      Im gonna try this the way you do it and stick to it.I see motivation is the key in doing anything.Thanks bro

Comment

You have a very strict diet and i think im going to tighten up what i eat and when i eat it.I drink alot of gatorade also because it had a lower sugar content than soda and juice so now imma cut it all out.
                        Im gonna try this the way you do it and stick to it.I see motivation is the key in doing anything.Thanks bro
                        Keep in mind im not doing that currently. I just try to stick by low intake of carbs and eat em, not drink em.

Today was great.
                        10 minutes cardio
                        40 reps 45lb lat pulls, then 20 75lb lat pulls
                        10 minutes cardio
                        50 30lb tri down'n'outs, followed by 25 40lbs
                        10 minutes cardio
                        40 30lb dumbell shrugs, then 30 40lb dumbell shrugs

Ive been having trouble targeting my lats so I focused on my form alot this time. I did some reading and it says to pull the shoulder blades in towards each other, doing that and keeping everything tight sure did it, they were burning.

Dont remember if I stated it, but im shooting to lose 15lbs by the time I weigh in on sunday am.

My Workout Log

Comment

10 minutes cardio
                          Buncha dumbell shoulder presses
                          10 minutes cardio
                          buncha delt flys
                          10 minutes cardio
                          Buncha hamstring curls

Really did not want to go today, just didnt have the drive.

My Workout Log

Comment

90% diet 10% working out.

The mind will break before your body does.

Comment

You fuckin go man!! Be proud. You have earned it. I like to drink anything that has vitamin content in it w/o all that sugared bullshit. Propel zero with calcium for example.

Comment

Skipped a few days, last day I went was wednesday night last week, I did go last night and this morning, blasted legs and shoulders today and hit back and tris yesterday. I can deffinetely feel my back becoming stronger, more reps are becoming easier just doing back extensions.

My Workout Log

Comment

Working...
                                X