No announcement yet.

dangerous vehicles on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've seen two different cars welded together one time. looked normal on the ground, but when on a lift it was two different colors on the underside and clearly welded. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I see Ford Expeditions with blown out shocks all the time, it looks like they slammed the front end.

Comment

Out here in texas, I've seen several cars that look like they are driving sideways, as in the car is going down the road in a straight line at an angle like / . What the hell would cause something like that next to a twisted frame most likely from a t-bone?
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by zmanwit90accord View Post
          Saw an old pick up truck lifted about 3-4 inches with a couch in the bed with 3 guys chillin drinking beers fly down the high way last week.

I just try to get as far away as possible from anything that looks like it can go wrong.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1iUEtZYwc0

try driving behind a ranch hand taking about 10 BIG BALES of hay. Its very questionable on safety . . .

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
            Out here in texas, I've seen several cars that look like they are driving sideways, as in the car is going down the road in a straight line at an angle like / . What the hell would cause something like that next to a twisted frame most likely from a t-bone?
            Normaly a wreck or sliding into a curb will make it do that. Here in MO we call it "dog tracking".

Comment

the blown struts/shocks one is no joke. how can people not feel that. i had to drive with a blown rear shock all last winter and let me tell you it makes for one unpredictable ride

Comment

I was at work shuttle driving a customer and we were following a 1st gen Ford Windstar with very visibly blown suspension. After every bump in the road, it bounced up and down for a good 10-15 seconds and the rear end would sag after it stopped bouncing. As it hit the bumps in the road, you could literally see the wheels getting air like Deev mentioned about the expansion joints.

One of my HUGE safety gripes is vehicles with non working brake lights, but functioning 3rd brake light. A very common issue I see on GM vehicles.

Comment

I live in the land of jacked up cars on big wheels. While that doesn't make them unsafe, you add in the broke baller, and you got a death trap. I've seen entire suspensions just fall out of cars going down the road. I had a 07 impala come to my shop. I had already heard that another shop lifted it and when the car left their parking lot, all the wheels fell in, VIP style. So here's a fwd impala with 6 inches of bad lift, with every one of the 24 inch rims tilted in so far, the inside lip of the rim was on the ground. The owner told me my price to fix it was too
                  High and drove it away. It's in my buddy's junkyard now. Another shop around her that was quite popular with the poor, would weld two springs together, then
                  Cut the ball joint off the upper control arm and drop it on 1x1 square tubing to get up to 14in of lift

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                    I live in the land of jacked up cars on big wheels. While that doesn't make them unsafe, you add in the broke baller, and you got a death trap. I've seen entire suspensions just fall out of cars going down the road. I had a 07 impala come to my shop. I had already heard that another shop lifted it and when the car left their parking lot, all the wheels fell in, VIP style. So here's a fwd impala with 6 inches of bad lift, with every one of the 24 inch rims tilted in so far, the inside lip of the rim was on the ground. The owner told me my price to fix it was too
                    High and drove it away. It's in my buddy's junkyard now. Another shop around her that was quite popular with the poor, would weld two springs together, then
                    Cut the ball joint off the upper control arm and drop it on 1x1 square tubing to get up to 14in of lift
                    Thats a pretty crazy way to lift a car. How about just sell more drugs so they can afford to do it the right way? Alot of "gangsters" in Springfield have twenty foes also. Hope they dont lift there cars this way!

Comment

i saw a car thats horribly unaligned on the free way. the dude looked like he was constantly drifting going straight. he was literally almost looking forward through the driver side window

back then i didnt have a smart phone so i couldnt take a picture.

Comment

^^ Sounds like what I described.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                          ^^ Sounds like what I described.
                          i live next to mexico, *about 5 miles away* so you see all kinds of banged up interesting looking cars everywhere.

Comment

The last vehicle I saw with this problem was a Lexus suv... and from what I could tell it had a straight body, and otherwise looked like it was it good shape. Someone must not have checked the car fax...

Comment

i think the usa. is leiniant on this kind of matter. in any other county like uk this would never fly. i saw what ghost2.2 saw. a car practically crab walking down the street. sounding like a skid going on and on like a broken record.
                              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Saw a guy in a newer 7series who added a long led strip at the bottom of his rear window for his 3rd brake light but used It as a running light and it was flickering very distracting. And he put I'm his running tail lights in the wrong order like this

and he was weaving through 5pm freeway traffic with no signals

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                                It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X