dtec oh yea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dtec oh yea

yea so my friends dad owns a car dealership and he got a daewoo in a couple days ago, we decided to pop the hood and this is the kind of motor we found. daewoo dtec baby, u guys think that it works just like vtec or something, i doubt it does. if it does i wonder how that feels kicking in at like 3500 rpms and lasting to 4500 right as it redlines
    idk i thought it was pretty ***

ford focus' have ZTEC

Comment

Yeah, variable valve timing was pretty advanced back in 91 when it was released in the NSX, but these days it's old hat.

Honda has a few other systems now that go along with VTEC (I'm blanking on them, but I remember reading about them in a Honda Tuning article a few months ago).

Daewoo is still a crap company, pretty much... GM bought them and decided to cut the US market, so we'll never see them again. My roommate had one for about 7 months before he totalled it at 35mph (hit a guardrail... the bumpers are styrofoam). I do kinda like the Lanos hatch though.

Hyundai is actually a VERY respectable company. I'm waiting for them to wake up and drop a a turbocharged straight 6 into a Tiburon... and make it RWD. THAT would be Hyundai's answer to the Supra. And if they released that before Toyota puts out something to take the Supra's place, they very well may pick up that market.

Comment

Don't forget toyota's vvt-i, and some of the new things honda is considering are i-vtec-i (i think its called that) and current accords use vtec-i. Search and find that vid someone posted about that prototype engine, its interesting. Using things like shutting off cylinders at cruising speeds, but that's been done before as well. Also I think it talks about changing camshaft profile not only for power but for fuel economy...anyway, I wouldn't buy a daewoo, or a hyundai, but they're supposed to be decent. Just like KIA....
        I'd rather stick to honda or toyota...

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

yea idk its just something i found that was funny i thought u guys would laugh, does that motor look like its DOHC to u guys too?
          Last edited by 93accordexcoupe; 03-26-2005, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X