so should i...get a scubie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so should i...get a scubie

i kinda want to get a subaru lecgacy or impreza outback wagons in a 5spd.
    i would sell my cb9 to get one. i have been using my sisters 97 impreza outback its alot of fun

i want on from 95-00
    back at it again

you ought to get a rs with a blown headgasket. probably can be had for 2500. the rs' retail for quite a bit more than the wagons.

but yea they are kinda slow...but fun if you offroad them. i tucked my muffler underneath for more departure angle. a lot of things are interchangeable like seats, suspension, engine swaps.

you need to look out for leaking head gaskets, bad wheel bearings and catalytic converters that always need replacing. those can get expensive.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I vote rs as well.

Turbo Ej25x swap and call it good-OEM AS FUCK.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

subaru wagons are the best and can be fast ,, an STI will be the next vehicle i buy ,, boxers are interesting
        10th Anniversary Accord.
        05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

It's Scooby.

My friend had a 97ish Legacy L Wagon and I'd have much rather had an Accord wagon of a similar era. Paint quality, interior materials, etc, etc...it's a landslide in Honda's direction.

You couldn't pay me to own a non-turbo Subaru. The AWD is nice, and the boxer motors do have some torque, but they rust worse than Hondas in that generation. If you're planning to do a turbo swap, that's another ballgame.

Comment

Yeah one things for sure about the hondas they are cheap as they are fast and reliable. When you starting getting into turbo,awd, and the name itself that follows along with it when it comes down to parts your asking for it.

I never had an issue with my car but I will tell you something, if something breaks on your car it wont really be the availability of parts but the combination of both parts availability and price of the parts when you need to replace them. If your making money like that and you dont care get a turbo sti please dont skip out on the turbo youll hate yourself if you dont. If not stick to honda Im honestly I rather go back to honda but not alot of people will maintain their cars to take care of them to make it worth your while.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
              It's Scooby.

My friend had a 97ish Legacy L Wagon and I'd have much rather had an Accord wagon of a similar era. Paint quality, interior materials, etc, etc...it's a landslide in Honda's direction.

You couldn't pay me to own a non-turbo Subaru. The AWD is nice, and the boxer motors do have some torque, but they rust worse than Hondas in that generation. If you're planning to do a turbo swap, that's another ballgame.
              Precisely my thought. My mom's 06 Outback wagon (maybe 05?) is a TURD. Can't get out of its own way. Nice enough, though it seems to have some problems.
              The AWD stuff isn't terribly cheap to fix when it fails, and I wouldn't trust just any mechanic to know what to do with a boxer.

I really don't care for Subaru interiors. They're not terrible, but they seem rather... sparse. I think my CB7's interior quality is among the best I've ever owned, and I've owned a number of newer cars.

I'm in agreement with the RS. They're very nice looking cars, IMO... and they really do retain their value.
              Still, I feel that even a high-performance Subaru just feels kinda... robotic. I've been in a mildly modified 06 STi, both driving and riding, and while it's fast as balls, it doesn't have a lively sense to it. It goes with a purpose, but no spirit. Maybe that's just my Fit experience talking... since that car needs to go balls-out to really do much of anything, and it's so lightweight and non-performance oriented that it feels near the limit with little effort... not something you get with a true sport suspension, AWD, and good sticky tires...

Comment

i was driving sarahs 97 outback sport <impeza> we feel it may need a little more power but it was fun to drive on the mountain roads up north.

i want a 5spd one if i can find a 95 legacy outback that would be tit since i can swap it and not worry bout emissions
                back at it again

Comment

I'd stay away from the Outback models if you want a fun car to drive. An older 2.5RS is cool, and obviously the WRX and STi are fun. The Legacy GT is also badass, if you want something a bit more refined. The Forester XT if you want something bigger that still has turbo power.

I do kinda like the Outback sedan, and I'm intrigued by the Outbacks with the 3.0L boxer 6 in them... but they're made to be torquey and semi-off-road capable. Still, I'm not a huge fan of the brand in terms of interior styling and materials. That's personal preference, though... and you clearly don't seem to share my opinion there, if you've been in one and liked it.

Comment

I almost got me a 2.5RS in black with 5spd. it was just 1000$. gotta love random CL finds. but I got the SiR instead.

btw I vote for the 2.5 coupe too

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Not the bugeye, though... the one before it.

bonerific.

I actually prefer silver, but I couldn't find a picture of a silver coupe that I liked... so this will do.

You could always do an STi conversion on a Forester XT...

Or just get an SVX... because the car is simply a work of art... visually, anyway.

Comment

i like the older styles and if i got a 95 i can swap it i like the wagon ones lol i want something piratical for wut i do because if i get a outback i would put forester suspension and bigger tires.
                        back at it again

Comment

back at it again

Comment

I'm going to have to agree with the "no spirit" comment. This is exactly how I feel about my WRX. Take away the exhaust note (stock exhaust) and it is just a completely "regular" car that has absolutely nothing special about the way it handles, breaks, or accelerates.
                            The car easily needs to be in the 350-400hp range to be considered "fun" for its weight. And the stock suspension is only good for comfort.
                            I don't see what the big deal is about AWD and how people say that it is so fast off-the-line. even older 5.0 and 4.6 mustangs are a lot more brutal off-the-line.

I've also driven an older Outback and a late 90s Legacy and the new base model Impreza. They all feel like a bone stock CB7 acceleration-wise. If you are getting an older model that is ~15+ old, I don't see this as an upgrade at all.
                            Last edited by rexload; 06-20-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

i live in the north east and i want something with more ground clearance and awd but still a car. i had a jeep it was fun but to dd something bad on gas is not a good idea.

and the legacy wagon has more room then my cb9 and like i said if i find a 95 legacy outback i can put a newer sti engine in it if i wanted too have a ton of power.
                              back at it again

Comment

Working...
                              X