Where do you find inspiration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you find inspiration?

I'll admit, lately when considering buying parts or making my cb look better, I've kinda lost interest. At times its like, what's the point? Surely not making a whole lot at my current job probably has something to do with it.

So where do you guys find inspiration to keep modding in these hard times?

I know many are going to say this site, which is where I draw a lot of my own inspiration.
    We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
    Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Because its your hobby? Thats basically how i justify it

Sometimes i'll get bored (like right now) and i'll just put my interest into something else until i feel like messing with the car again.

My car is also my daily driver though, not a project.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

Thats exactly how i feel about my cb7. I want to do something with it but i don't to make into a project.

As for inspiration,i usually look at build threads.

Comment

I lost ALL interest in my 90 Accord, it needed work in the engine bay, interior and exterior, then I got this 92 which is MUCH cleaner, so the inspiration came back, somewhat.

But when I'm bored and find myself losing inspiration, I'll simply pm Deev, get the number of one of his hookers, call her, bang a 7 gram rock off her ass, drop a deuce and the inspiration is back in full mutha fuckin affect... then I realize, the money I just blew on crack was the money I was going to use for parts. FML!!

Comment

I use people talking crap as inspiration a lot, and wanting to be one of a kind.. I've had those "What's the point?" moments before, then i think of my dad who passed and remember how proud he would be. So for me a lot of it is personal.
          1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
          For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
            I lost ALL interest in my 90 Accord, it needed work in the engine bay, interior and exterior, then I got this 92 which is MUCH cleaner, so the inspiration came back, somewhat.

But when I'm bored and find myself losing inspiration, I'll simply pm Deev, get the number of one of his hookers, call her, bang a 7 gram rock off her ass, drop a deuce and the inspiration is back in full mutha fuckin affect... then I realize, the money I just blew on crack was the money I was going to use for parts. FML!!
            ahahahahaha this shit is hilarious!

Seriously though, I was at that point not too long ago when I did all that work on my car and the motor took a shit. Then, after the longest swap process I have ever experienced, I found out the threads were shot for my crank pulley and the car could not be driven. I all in all had given up. My dad on the other hand kept me going kept my head up and together we started getting it fixed. Then I went into surgery, and while in surgery he finished it and it is now driveable again

Also, when I was laid off, I would come on here and look at MR threads and then look at pics I have taken at meets and events and think of Honda day and Honda Tuning Magazine and how bad I want my car to recieve an award from prestigious import events and land in Honda Tuning. And all my motivation is back.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
              Because its your hobby? Thats basically how i justify it

Sometimes i'll get bored (like right now) and i'll just put my interest into something else until i feel like messing with the car again.

This is true. I get bored with my car and I fall back on my other hobbies (wood and metal working). And my cb is my daily, so its hard to work on it when I work 5 nights a week.

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post

I just picked up a 92 auto from my mom for $400 that only needed TCU work. So getting that and being able to daily that in the future will lead to me working more on my 92 manual.

Haven't tried banging rocks off of a hooker's ass, lol.
              We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
              Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

I show my car, so going to events is MAJOR motivation.
                Especially if you receive coverage!
                (No love in that regard...yet)

I also strive to do something different- I look at what's out there, and try to give it my own touch.

Then there are the other members- (yall know who you are) that are supportive and encouraging. I also find motivation in the sense of community we have- loving an un-loved chassis.
                Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Every time I look and see her her sexy ass sitting there makes me want to keep going.

It's like if your girl has some 2" Aldos on tonight, just imagine if you go out next week and she has on 4" red bottom stilettos. Damn!
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                    I also strive to do something different- I look at what's out there, and try to give it my own touch.

Then there are the other members- (yall know who you are) that are supportive and encouraging. I also find motivation in the sense of community we have- loving an un-loved chassis.
                    I also get inspired by every "nice" import that drives by, and usually every time i look out my front window and see my car staring back up at me (second floor). I LOVE!!!! MY CB7!!!!
                    One last thing, try working on one thing at a time, pick something, make a project out of it, and when your done move to something else, dont look at the whole package because as we all know it can sometimes be depressing. Good thread.
                    Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

Comment

My inspiration comes from cocky individuals who think their car is bad ass. I build my shit to shut them up. Plus its a hobby that I build cars. Keeps me busy and entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                        My inspiration comes from cocky individuals who think their car is bad ass. I build my shit to shut them up. Plus its a hobby that I build cars. Keeps me busy and entertained.
                        this x2 even though i dont know nothing about mechanics or building cars i try to do as much as i can by myself, and thanks to the people here that help out the cb community with the info and DIYs. i've got inspiration from them and from the few people that support me and encourage me to keep going i surely dont like cocky people either that try to show off with cars they bought already build or fixed
                        Last edited by Ravens_CB7; 05-31-2012, 10:31 PM.

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
                        My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

My car has been down for far too long...
                          but when it's working, my reason for keeping up with it is that I love driving it. It's fun, and it's relaxing (when its working properly!)

My friend across the street is also a source of inspiration... because he'll come over and say "come on, we're fixing this part today".

Comment

Its what I do for a living, so my ride usually gets the least amount of attention. But if I see something I gotta have, I just get it. I need to fix something it's usually just as cheap for me to get aftermarket stuff, so I do. I have never replaced a set of tires on any of my cars. They start wearing, I'll sell the rims and get a new set. It like they tell me it's time for change. I run out of stuff to do to a car, or don't want to go to the next level, it's time to sell it and move on.

Comment

I can imagine when you work on cars for a living (even more if that work is "custom" work) that it's hard to get motivated to do it for fun on your own car! At least you have all the tools and knowhow to do what you need to do.
                              I've noticed that with the right tools, facilities, and knowledge, working on a car is practically a pleasure. When you don't have that stuff, it's frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X