No announcement yet.

Soo Anyone with Speeding ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ The hefty fine is to make people fear the law and the fine. But people dont fear why its against the law or the reason why its "bad" and illegal. They take it seriousely in the wrong way i think. Im living proof of what can happen when someone is doing something behind the wheel they arent supposed to. But with the stupid things ive done behind the wheel, im glad im the crippled one due to someone elses stupidity and not the other way around. I can live with this. But i couldnt live knowing i did this to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak View Post
      im just laughing at the fact that you asked a car forum if theyd gotten speeding tickets.
      LMAO yea agreed!!

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      It's been so long, I don't remember my first. I got off with a warning today. I had Ruby out for the first time in a long time. I'm tired of driving the automatic and I was mad today, so when I got out on a 2 lane main road, I jumped on it in first and second, ready to go for third when a local cop comes over a rise in a group of cars coming at me. I hit the brakes until just as he passed me, but I saw the lights come in the rear view mirror. I probably could have gotten away for the moment, but the car is pretty recognizable with the quarter panel and rear window and bumper missing. I pulled off the next side street (very visible from the road I was on) and stopped. I waved at the cop as be blasted by (assuming I was still running). It took him a minute to turn around again and come back. He pulled up next to me and said, "Thanks for stopping, I clocked you at 62 in a 40. Slow down", then he left.
      HAHA wow, i had to read that to my mom. i got a kick out of the fact that he thought you were still running AND that you still didn't get a ticket. my mom and me were rolling to this one.

me personally i haven't gotten a speeding ticket *knock on wood!* i almost got one because i was getting on the interstate behind people that wanted to get into 70mph traffic going 30mph. i backed off (like my mom taught me) and let them get up the ramp then floored it. he clocked me going 83mph in a 70 zone. he also could have gotten me for reckless driving because i went from the on-ramp to the left lane trying to get out of every ones way. and yes this was in my Honda!
      1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
      1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
      1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
      1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

As long as I don't get cought by 1 state trooper, I don't have to worry about a ticket. Joys of working on all the police forces and judges cars. That one trooper got a promotion, and is now super trooper. He got so bad, the judge through him out of his court. Since he lives in my town, he patrols here, but you got to drive and hour to pay your fine, 4 cities over. But since it's highway patrol, and in the same county...it's legal. The judge threw him out for writing a solider a ticket for one burnt out led in his led tail lights and for his hid's. Then he wrote him a ticket the next day, for his hid's in another car during the day, that were on because of drl's, while he was on the way to get the stuff to fix the car the trooper ticketed the night before. It's kinda of a unwritten code around here you don't write tickets for dumb shit to active duty soldiers. I've seen the same cop follow a car to the parts store and write a ticket for a brake light being out, the driver was going to the parts store to buy. He has gotten so bad, when he is off duty, the town cops will pull him over and write him a ticket

Comment

^^^"He has gotten so bad, when he is off duty, the town cops will pull him over and write him a ticket"

Comment

wow, i'm glad that the town cops give him shit when he's off duty because of all the bull shit tickets he's giving out!!

Comment

Got pulled over for an interesting one here in good ole Cali, cop said my car was too low because my front mud guard was lower than the bottom over my rim. I wanted to say "Who the F made that a law?!" but I was calm and just played along as he asked if I raced, had any animals hanging from my non-existent tow hook and if I had any green and yellow JDM badges. But he didn't pop my hood surprisingly, or give me a ticket for my sticker on my window, I think it was because it was about my deceased dad. Well back to my point, has anyone ever hear of this as a law? Having your car too low?
              1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
              For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
                Got pulled over for an interesting one here in good ole Cali, cop said my car was too low because my front mud guard was lower than the bottom over my rim. I wanted to say "Who the F made that a law?!" but I was calm and just played along as he asked if I raced, had any animals hanging from my non-existent tow hook and if I had any green and yellow JDM badges. But he didn't pop my hood surprisingly, or give me a ticket for my sticker on my window, I think it was because it was about my deceased dad. Well back to my point, has anyone ever hear of this as a law? Having your car too low?
                Nope. Around here they weld a piece of titanium under their mini trucks and drag ass down the highway.

Comment

not me either, one of the guys that lives in my neighborhood (actually there is more then one) is so low that this one guy goes across the speed bumps diagonally to "keep from scraping" but i don't think it probably does much good because how low his car is. i couldn't tell you right now what the hell the car is but i can tell you he slows down to 1mph to go across speed bumps and goes diagonally across them taking both lanes. one way is supposed to be for traffic going the opposite direction be this guy blocks the whole damn road. i hate following him in.

Comment

Originally posted by Honda_Lady View Post
                    wow, i'm glad that the town cops give him shit when he's off duty because of all the bull shit tickets he's giving out!!
                    It's so bad, when he is on duty, you usually see a town cop or sheriff ride by when he has people pulled over just to make sure he is ok. Where i live is right next to the pooriest county in the state, and them people are crazy. Its not uncommon for you to hear of lawmen being assulted or shot at, because the drug laws get people more jail time than murders. A lot of people feel thay have nothing to loose. The trooper is from here, all his life and never fit in, now he has some "power" he has a chip on his shoulder, he feels that he is the only "real" law around here, bucause our congress man likes to get arrested for riding around with college chicks drunk, or the Sargent is doing donuts in a squad car and hits hit house..drunk, or the k-9 officer is cooking meth...so he might be right

Comment

not sure what it is there. but first speeding ticket i got was 47 in a school zone (20 mph) and that only coasted me $155. witch is cheap cuz my last one was 60 in a 40 but he marked it down to 59 in a 40 zone. witch coasted me $170

Comment

Working...
                      X