Soo Anyone with Speeding ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soo Anyone with Speeding ticket?

This morning around 1am I was caught speeding and exceeding over the speed limit. I know I know what was I thinking . Well the CHP pulls me over and writes me a ticket and he did not bother to check my hood. They told me the ticket will come in the mail in 3-4 Weeks. I Just want to know how much would it be for I can start saving up $$$ for I can pay it full. My opinion is around 700-800 hundred and this is my First Ticket!.

Lesson learned guys What was your experience when you guys got your first ticket? Mine was like ahh F*** its over.
    MY MRT
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Your first ticket will be cheaper than the rest.. Here the first is usually $200-$300.. I just got mine over a month ago and still haven't gotten anything in the mail :/
    1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
    For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

My first ticket was 8 different citations lost my licence for almost 2yrs, 24 months of probation, alot of money and 100hrs of community work service at the land field. Decently performing car plus a young motor head didn't turn out so good, you live and you learn.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

my first speeding ticket was doing 89 in a 55 but i was out of state so it didn't get reported to my insurance. I only paid like 145 bucks.

Comment

138 kmh on limit of 100kmh 2 year ago. 150$ :

Comment

Out here in Pa, they charge you for amublace, fire and 911 calls, there's a small box on the right side.. so no matter how much ur ticket cost the medical squad will get some cash even tho they were never called to the scene..

My first ticket was speeding in a toll booth area, I passed a 18wheeler to get away from him... once I paid my toll fee. The fuzz was on me. 264 dolla ticket.

Since then I've gotten other speeding tickets, and the average was 180, by city cops.

I think state troopers because of their authority over city cops, charge u more for a speeding ticket.

Not to include you get points on your lincese... some of u ppl no wat I'm talkin about..

1 ticket I got by mail, and I was like wtf.. he pulls me over, says his 2 busy and has 2 go on another call, takes my information and sends it in the mail. 1.5 weeks later it came. Just when I thought he forgot about me.

I never bothered to fight 1 ticket, cuz I new I was in the wrong all times. I had my coupe with loud muffler lowered etc. Now I have a 4dr. Muffler tone is quiet and throaty, not dropped, only gotten pulled over 1 time, with no ticket.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I got pulled over right after I got my radar detector. I was close to 100 on I75 (70 mph limit).
              It went off, I slammed on the brakes, and he got me for 81 mph. Ended up
              writing it as 75 in a 70. $140 ish ticket and no points. Never told my mom about it, I just paid it.
              MRT
              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
              Originally posted by Tippey764
              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
              Originally posted by deevergote
              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

3-4 weeks? Wow. Cops here give you the ticket on the spot, and most charges are listed conveniently on the back!

Anyway, unless you were grossly exceeding the limit (like, doubling it...) your fine shouldn't be TOO high. In most cases, you'll get "points" on your license. These points vary depending on the offense, and they vary from state to state. In NJ, 12 points means you lose your license for a time. You can easily get halfway there by going 30 over the limit just once. They're on there for 4 years.
                These points usually get reported to the insurance company, who will raise your rates (in NJ, I believe your rates don't go up until you get more than 4 points...)

You can take the ticket to court and do one of 3 things:
                -Plead not guilty, which is almost impossible to win against a cop with functional equipment.
                -Plead guilty and just pay the fine, take the points
                -Negotiate with the prosecutor for a higher fine but fewer/no points. You'll pay more up front, but it won't cost you as much in the long run.

The most I ever paid for a speeding ticket was for 40 in a 25 in Princeton, NJ. I worked it so I took no points, but I paid $500. Normally, it's much less than that.

Comment

By how much did you go over the limit on that spot you were in. Didnt bother to check the hood hmm? why would he if he already clocked you and asked for your license and registration? hes got you pretty much without a doubt.

As far as the other comment made by one of the posters on your thread I think it depends on which jurisdiction up in whichever state. Over here they like to play games with other taxation strategies with a 80 to 90 dollar surplus to go towards foster and troubled youth agencies. I call it pilfering,robbery and rape.

Comment

But i went to the meet in Palmdale last night rather then bako but from what a few friends have told me shit was CRAZY down there last night. Angel can you confirm or debunk this? And about the tickeet, if its your first one I wouldnt worry too much about it but then again it is CHP Also were you going like lose your drivers license fast or just fast enough to have chp give you shit? I know in Delaware they lower your first ticket to five over to cut you a break but with the way these assholes we call cops are here I dont know. Knock on wood I only have one experience with CHP and thats a road side sobriety test for riding with my high beams shining on my way home from In n out Luckily, and again knock on wood no ticket. But hope everything goes well for you bro.
                    Last edited by redlined302; 05-27-2012, 03:30 PM.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                      By how much did you go over the limit on that spot you were in. Didnt bother to check the hood hmm? why would he if he already clocked you and asked for your license and registration? hes got you pretty much without a doubt.
                      It's Cali... they pop hoods on modified imports, looking for illegal mods... no CARB number, that's a ticket. Parts that don't belong under the hood of that car, that's a ticket. Stolen or potentially stolen parts? That's an impound.

Comment

2004:

154kmh in a 100 zone......in a 2.0 automatic Ford Contour LOL

Because I was 50kmh over, that was an automatic 30 day suspension and court summons. Because I was nice, and so was the cop, he dropped it to 149kmh, which was the maximum speeding fine. It was like $380 or something and 4 points.

I got a traffic lawyer and he had it reduced to 124kmh, $114 and 3 points.

When I got my insurance renewal the next year, I went from paying $208/mo to $488. I had also just turned 18.

Been stopped for speeding a few times since then and let off all with warnings, including 128kmh in a 100kmh zone because the cop said "My shift finishes in 7 minutes and I don't feel like doing the paperwork."

Last speeding ticket I got was in 2010 in that damn cursed POS Jetta I had. 80kmh in a 60 zone, on the main road right behind my house. Officer knocked it down to 70kmh and it was only $78 and 2 points.

Otherwise, the only ticket I've had since then was a noise ticket from that awful ebay catback I had on the SE.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          It's Cali... they pop hoods on modified imports, looking for illegal mods... no CARB number, that's a ticket. Parts that don't belong under the hood of that car, that's a ticket. Stolen or potentially stolen parts? That's an impound.
                          Cali sounds so strict about driving and laws, I'd almost rather take the bus.

Comment

Yeah, they're bad. Cali's laws are basically like previews for the rest of the country. If Cali goes one way, the rest of the states will follow shortly after. It's not a good sign!

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                              Cali sounds so strict about driving and laws, I'd almost rather take the bus.
                              They are ive never seen so much bullshit in my life from cops and the dmv smh. When I first moved here i bought that mustang I used to have and had to pay like 400 bucks in fees for tags and went on a wild goose chase to get the cb7 registered and put in my name. Makes me miss the days in Delaware where 50 bucks got a year of tags and cops didnt look for reasons to take imports off the road.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Working...
                              X