Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article about cars that are getting cancelled for 2013

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-deat...3.html?page=10

I'm actually amazed that Mitsubishi is killing off the Eclipse and the Gallant.

So by killing off those two, i think they only have the Lancer left in the car category.

Originally posted by Leung View Post
    http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-deat...3.html?page=10

I'm actually amazed that Mitsubishi is killing off the Eclipse and the Gallant.

So by killing off those two, i think they only have the Lancer left in the car category.
    cars sold in April
    Mitsubishi Motors N A, Inc. 5,280
    Ford Motor Company 179,658
    Chrysler LLC 141,165
    Toyota Motor Sales USA Inc. 178,044
    American Honda Motor Co Inc. 122,012
    Hyundai Motor America 62,264
    Nissan North America Inc. 71,329

See the problem with Mitsubishi

Comment

Galant/Endeavor and Eclipse have already been out of production for a few months.

Mitsu only has the Lancer (now with AWD in SE trim, competes with Subaru), Outlander, which is redesigned for 2013 and FUGLY, and the little Outlander Sport (RVR in Canada), which is based on the Lancer, as well as the new i-Miev full electric car.

The Mitsu dealership I work at has a few 2012 Eclipses straggling in off the trucks, but we haven't had a new Galant or Endeavor on the lot since 2011. Funny, because the Eclipses sell well at our dealer.Used ones come in and sell quick. New ones sell too. People love them. I don't know why, they're one of the most awkward cars to drive and see out of.

I read somewhere they only sold like 64 Galants in North America last year.

I will miss the Endeavor. It's not the prettiest thing out there, and the dash is weird, but they drive really nice, however I prefer the sportier Outlander.

I'm glad to see the Avalanche/EXT's killed off. What a stupid idea in the first place. Most useless and awkward truck bed to use.

The Sonic seems like a fantastic replacement for the Aveo, so that's good news on the GM subcompact subject. Finally a small car they've done right.

I'm very sad to see Saab go. Always loved their vehicles.

Comment

I must have miss read that section about SAAB but it's going the way of the Dodo just like Saturn?

Comment

Yeah, Saab ran into financial trouble some time ago and shut down for a short period, and their workers didn't get paid and there was all sorts of stuff going on. I think there was a bailout or something, but in the end, they just shut down. GM owns the majority of Saab anyways.

Saturn was also another GM derivative as well. Shame they killed Saturn, I always liked them, especially their most recent vehicles, like the Astra,Aura, Sky and Vue. I found them to be nicer than the Pontiac/Chev's they were based on.

Comment

Working...
          X