Mr Clean Magic Erasers on white shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Clean Magic Erasers on white shoes?

Has anyone ever used them to clean your shoes, for my case, white shoes. Ive used them on several different surfaces and they do work like magic. Im curious about white leather(ish) shoes though. Once our daughter decided to take pens to her bedroom walls. The erasers got all the ink off, but it also took away some of the gloss from the paint... so if you looked at the right angle, you could see where we had scrubbed.

Just wondering if the erasers are too harsh for shoes.

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
    Has anyone ever used them to clean your shoes, for my case, white shoes. Ive used them on several different surfaces and they do work like magic. Im curious about white leather(ish) shoes though. Once our daughter decided to take pens to her bedroom walls. The erasers got all the ink off, but it also took away some of the gloss from the paint... so if you looked at the right angle, you could see where we had scrubbed.

Just wondering if the erasers are too harsh for shoes.
    It WILL remove the gloss/shine from almost everything. I wouldn't use them on my shoes. But it WOULD clean the hell out of them.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Cleans the hell out of all my kicks

Lou's Build Thread!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
      "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

i use chlorox wipes. Works wonders and leaves em blingin.
        Originally posted by chessboxer
        We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
        Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Magic erasers are mild abrasive pads, so they will get rid of any gloss surface, but I use them on my shoes anyway. Wouldn't use them on patent leather or the like, but its amazing on normal white leather.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I figured. Its ok though, I went ahead and did it anyways on a couple pairs. These shoes Ive had for about 7 years. So even in the "before" condition, they werent too bad.

Before:

After:

Not to like new condition, but a lot better. Guess Ill see how they last after being scrubbed. Im just hoping they dont go yellow.

Comment

CAUTION!!

i have a pair of all white air force 1's that i have had from 03 that i constantly used the magic eraser on..i can tell you that it has kept it in "mint" condition for it's use..people STILL think there brand new and compliment them but i don't know if it's the water or so..but the sides of the soles have gotten yellowed out..i don't know if it's because there just that old or the constant cleaning..but the leather has stayed immaculate...if you like let me know and i can post pics

Lou's Build Thread!

Comment

I wear air forces, and you no on white ones on the bottom they can turn yellow.. even on my air dunks. They turned yellow in the bottom and I dint want to wear them anymore.

Wonder if this wll work.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

nah it won't fix the yellowing like i stated...

you could use a product called seaglow that can get rid of yellowing and has worked for me..

Lou's Build Thread!

Comment

I should try cleaning some of my shoes. When they get something on them a simple wipe down don't take off....I use them for work. But I love some shoes... ESP 11 and 12 air maxes

Comment

Working...
                    X