taking ativan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taking ativan

I got some from my doctor, going through a lot of shit right now, and some occasional help would be nice. Anyways, he suggested I take one while not working to check for negative side affects. Thing is, I don't notice a difference on either side.

If any of you have taken anything similar, are there noticeable affects even if you're calm to begin with?

be careful....highly addictive....when I have taken them i seem to not remember much from the day that I took them. try not to take them for an extended time....Matt

Comment

What about them is so addictive? I don't feel any different. Just a 1mg dose, but still nothing. Is it possible its just not effective on me?

Comment

possibly having a placebo effect

do you really think these pills are going to help? if you don't that could be the reason you don't feel the effects.
        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

so you have to think its going to help in order for it to help? why dont I just eat tictac's and think to myself they're vicodin.

I was advised by my doctor to take them before I work to see if there are side effects that would hurt by ability to do my job. Im getting no side affects, which are a good thing... but whatever these are supposed to do that make them so highly addictive, Im not feeling either. When I've taken a vicodin, I feel it within 30-45min.

Comment

Sometimes you have to take things a couple times before they start doing anything (I don't mean at once, like after a few days of taking them)
            wat?

Comment

Aren't you like a really big guy?

1MG might not be enough.

Every drug is different.

If it is just for stress etc, I would try taking time outs or breathers and shit like that before I would turn to drugs.

Comment

My wife's doctor gave her a prescription for Ativan Sublingual becuase she was having panic/anxiety attacks at night. She never took any once she read that they were highly addictive. She never threw them out or took them back. So there they sat in the med cabinet.

Long story short. I was going through a bout of unemployment insomnia. So I looked into trying out these little 1g Ativan beauties that everyone was talking about. Took 1 the first night and I didn't feel a thing. Took two the second and I got a pretty good nights sleep. So I figured that the third night I would go for 3g. I didn't get out of bed for a hole day. other than to use the bathroom 5 ft away...... I was at one with the mattress.................

That is probably why they are highly addictive, If it will make you a lazy ass fuck with not a care in the world...... It's addictive to most. I Tossed them out as soon as I got out of bed and cleaned up.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Im actually not. 5'7" pushing 160lbs. I took one pill yesterday, .5mg... today 1mg. Im not getting anything.

A couple years ago my boss was having some depression issues, and he came into work skipping and smiling, he had taken something we all jokingly referred to as "happy pills". What could those have been? I dont recall ever asking.

Comment

Honestly, unless you have a disorder that can't be brought under control without medication, and it is causing serious difficulties in your life, then I STRONGLY suggest staying away from any anti-anxiety or anti-depressant meds. They throw your whole brain chemistry out of whack, often causing more harm than good when you finally come off of them. Worse, you will develop a tolerance, and eventually they won't work at all for you... so it's not like you can stay on them forever!

If you're having issues with anxiety or depression, you'd likely benefit much more by going to a therapist than you will from popping happy pills. A good therapist will help you deal with issues, even if you do have a disorder, and the effects will not be harmful, addictive, or temporary.

Some people DO have chemical imbalances so serious that they need medication, but anxiety and depression are two of the most over-medicated maladies in America today.

Since you ARE taking the meds at the moment, if you don't feel any effects with the smallest dose, or one safe dose higher, then perhaps that medication just isn't compatible with your chemistry. If you are convinced you need meds, try something different. They all work on different neuroreceptors, so one may have a significantly greater effect than another.
                    I still highly advise against it, though.

And just to validate my statements a bit, I do hold a degree in Psychology from Rutgers, and I am working towards a doctorate to become a therapist myself.

Comment

Smoke some weed instead

My swap thread
                      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

He tried a brownie once, I believe... either it didn't work, or he didn't want to deal with potential legal or employment consequences, as it wasn't prescribed to him.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
                          so you have to think its going to help in order for it to help? why dont I just eat tictac's and think to myself they're vicodin.

I was advised by my doctor to take them before I work to see if there are side effects that would hurt by ability to do my job. Im getting no side affects, which are a good thing... but whatever these are supposed to do that make them so highly addictive, Im not feeling either. When I've taken a vicodin, I feel it within 30-45min.
                          to tell you the truth things like that have been done(not exactly tictacs replacing vicodin), studies have been conducted about placebo effects before. i am sure deev may have more knowledge about this being it relates to his field of study more than mine
                          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            He tried a brownie once, I believe... either it didn't work, or he didn't want to deal with potential legal or employment consequences, as it wasn't prescribed to him.
                            I actually never tried it. Still sitting on the top shelf of our pantry. I didnt want to eat it.

To cliff note my life recently... wanted to move to TX, wife's ex is being a POS, offered to pay for his move since he is jobless anyways, turned it down, signed a lease locally, says "see you in court", brings back emotions of first trial, daughter being abused, he had lawyer, we didnt, he won, wife and I work opposite shifts, never see my family, depressed, leave my son and cry, while at work feeling sad, depressed, irritated because I cant be with them, pissed because Im working instead and not with my family, then depressed again because I miss and want to see them.

Then on top of all that, my upcoming job opportunity is in TX, so it will put quite a kink in that plan if we don't move there. Not to mention the Trader Joe's opening out there and the opportunity for my wife to get promoted... not going to happen if we have to stay here because of a custody battle.

so yea... I wouldnt mind a little happy pill for those nights at work when I cant focus because of a million things running through my head.

Comment

any opinion for me there deevie?

Ive got a shit load to talk about. If you were local, Id be booking sessions on top of session.

btw, Im up to 1.5mg of ativan, and it helps some. It doesnt last long though. Not sure if its because my job is very physical or my body just metabolizes it quickly... but the feeling didnt last long. Supposed to take every 6-8hrs, it went away after about 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X