The Atom starts at 52k for the base model
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
      The Atom starts at 52k for the base model
      That's very true, and I stand corrected for new ones. The Ariel Atom 3 goes for that much. The AA 1 started @ about $40K if I'm not mistaken when they first hit the market.

I believe that the first generation was the 1. The second, 2. Now we are onto the third gen.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

@ this price range, I'll take a De Tomaso Pantera.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

A lotus elise or a vette would be my choice for a all around good car straight from the factory with very little modifications needed to be done to make a decent track and dd car.

02 Crv
          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

When thinking about this topic, this video comes to mind.

How much does it cost to modify a supra?

My swap thread
            Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
              A lotus elise or a vette would be my choice for a all around good car straight from the factory with very little modifications needed to be done to make a decent track and dd car.
              I'm in the same boat with these choices. C5 Vettes can be picked up relatively cheap now, and are a very competent package right out of the box.

The Elise is a race car with a licence plate.

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
                PSI has a direct correlation with cylinder pressure and head gaskets blowing..... Is this guy serious?
                Because its true. Air has weight, compressed air, greater weight and the same volume.

10 psi on a 14b is not the same as 10the psi on a gt3071. Flow of a turbo makes a large difference in how that pressurized air fills the combustion chamber, and how quickly the psi is equalized in the intake manifold after an intake valve opens.

Try reading up on intake systems as well as turbocharging, a good start would be with grapeaperacing.com he's got some very nice documents there.

Supras are nasty lil drag cars lol. Hard to tell if those guys were going all out at the same time on this phone.

I forgot about the Toyota mr2. Saw one earlier today...
                Last edited by MortsAccord; 05-15-2012, 12:41 AM.

Comment

datsun 240z built up , or throw a rb or a small block chevy in it , or a datsun 510 with a sr swap or a ka swap
                  needing a new project got rid of bagged S10 going back to Honda's

Comment

For fast and cheap, look at grassroots motorsports $201x challenge. competitors have the same amount of money to build a drag/auto-x/show car as the year (ex. $2012 for this years competition). It doesn't get better for sheer ingenuity. My favorite is the 2010 winner, a c4 vette bought as a shell with a twin turbo 305 sbc, lexan skirts, and a snowmobile motor where the passenger seat should be. Why skirting and a snowmobile engine? It powers a fan that sucks all the air out from under the car and creates active downforce at any speed. and built for $2000. Fucking epic.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Talking FAST as in not just a strait line.
                      Look at British TOP gears leader board for a good starting point. i believe their most reasonable price fast car was the Australian rebadged GTO. The MK4 or 5 GTI & ( w12 model ) was up there too.
                      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                        i believe their most reasonable price fast car was the Australian rebadged GTO.
                        Your referring to the Monaro?
                        Actually the Ute Was a full 3 seconds faster, for pratically the same price

Yep, Gotta love the Ute . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

And the Holden Monaro was not a rebadged GTO. It was the other way around.

And I can definitely love the Ute.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUd808Xa1oI
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm all for those Australian beasts, but we don't have them here in the States.

I guess the OP didn't put limitations or stipulations on location.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                              I'm all for those Australian beasts, but we don't have them here in the States.

I guess the OP didn't put limitations or stipulations on location.
                              You trying to exclude me?

Most exotics aren't American anyway . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

1966 Pro Touring Chevy II w/ a 383 stroker (FI), T56 Tremec Borg Warner 6 speed, and 4:11s. That'll dominate anywhere: strip, circuit, auto-x, standing mile.
                                Last edited by Straight Success; 05-16-2012, 04:18 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X