Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was out an about and decided to check out the show room...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was out an about and decided to check out the show room...

Figured i'd check out the local fords show room and low an behold they had a new boss in there, so naturally i had to check it out. So i snaped a few quick pictures for some of you true car enthusiast.

Some things i liked others i didn't at all (white roof ,Wheels. and grill) it was $48,995. Personally i'd rather have a plan old gt even a v6 and its $28,000. Anyways discuss, and enjoy

Also spotted one of my all time favorite cars (galaxie 500) i rather have this than the boss though.
    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 05-05-2012, 03:57 PM.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

I think I would go into debt to get that car
    -Will

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
      I think I would go into debt to get that car
      Maybe but out of all three of the main newly created muscle cars camaro, challenger, mustang... the mustang is one i would pick if i had the money hands down.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Yeah that new Coyote platform for their modular V8 is just awesome. The differences are very similar to what Honda did when they went to the K-series engine over the H22A. Dimensionally it's very similar but with the old deck height and bore spacing of the modular 4.6L it was hard to go much bigger. With this engine Ford has gotten to 6.2L on a production engine. In the Raptor XT that engine makes 500hp NA. That's a SOHC V8, mind you. The new Camaro and Challenger are way too heavy and they're made for putting retardedly huge rims on and just cruising. The Mustang is still staying somewhat true to the ponycar roots.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          Yeah that new Coyote platform for their modular V8 is just awesome. The differences are very similar to what Honda did when they went to the K-series engine over the H22A. Dimensionally it's very similar but with the old deck height and bore spacing of the modular 4.6L it was hard to go much bigger. With this engine Ford has gotten to 6.2L on a production engine. In the Raptor XT that engine makes 500hp NA. That's a SOHC V8, mind you. The new Camaro and Challenger are way too heavy and they're made for putting retardedly huge rims on and just cruising. The Mustang is still staying somewhat true to the ponycar roots.
          Uhhh...yeah, the Raptor XT might make 500HP out of a SOHC 6.2L, but it cost 100K!
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

The Raptor XT is also not street legal... it's easier to make huge power when you aren't restricted by legal stuff!

The Boss is interesting, but I'm drooling over the upcoming Shelby GT500. 662hp, and it can actually handle decently, for roughly $55,000.

Comment

meh, ive seen the camaro ss sitting on 22's and it looks good.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The Raptor XT is also not street legal... it's easier to make huge power when you aren't restricted by legal stuff!

The Boss is interesting, but I'm drooling over the upcoming Shelby GT500. 662hp, and it can actually handle decently, for roughly $55,000.
                They out handle the competition as is in plain jane form, the boss is the step up for the track and it actually put the roush version to shame. That price for the shelby will be more along the lines of 60k+ i'd about bet on it.

02 Crv

Comment

It might be 55 base, but I'm sure with options 60+ is REAL easy to reach!
                  Granted, I just want the engine and suspension when buying a car like that!

400hp (maybe 450 in the next one) for the M3, around 60k... and 650hp from the Shelby for the same price. The M3 probably handles better, and carries a certain level of prestige, but the Mustang is evolving by leaps and bounds these days. It's more than just big power in a cheaply made but aggressive looking shell.

I used to be a Ford hater. They've won me over with their new products of late. Especially the Mustang!

Comment

This boss was marked up $5000 from 43k it was a fully loaded package, but honestly i'd stick with a gt and go from there. The last shelby mustangs were good for straight lines thats about it.
                    It only took 550whp N/A and weight reduction to get a 9sec pass from the new 5.0 by jpc. Now evolution has broken 8's, but at first it was basically slicks and bolt ons that carried it into the 11s easily.

As for the mustangs vs the m3 around laguna and the boss is secs faster than the m3 and many other more expensive cars. They are all around a good car these day's, but hopefully the new gt500 will step up and put down that 650hp in a controlled fashion.
                    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 05-06-2012, 05:38 PM.

02 Crv

Comment

If they can put that power down and maintain control, it's going to be a BEAST of a car! If they continue to refine the interior, it's really going to be a car worth owning. No more mulletmobile!

The horsepower pissing contest that's going on with American performance cars these days is just insane. The new Viper is going to be doing 640hp and weighing in at 3200lbs... that's 2x STi/Evo power at the same weight (or lighter!) The ZR1 is still amazing, but the competition is catching up quick.
                      Right now, though, the GT500 at 55-60k is about HALF of what the Viper or ZR1 cost, and it's going to be putting out damn near the same level of performance. It may not look or seem as exotic, but I have a feeling it'll hang with either around a track. Ford has this one by the balls, if affordable horsepower is what you want!

Comment

Not as fast as my Mustang

1966 Chevy Nova
                        1974 Super Beetle
                        2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
                        2004 Honda Element
                        2004 Honda Ruckus
                        2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
                        www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

Camaro is faster
                          COUPE K24

Comment

The ss vs the gt? lol no the camaro gets whooped in a straight line and the turn's. Now the ZL1(SC 6.2L 580hp $58k) vs the BOSS(N/A 5.0 444hp $48k) the ZL1 is only 3 tenths of a second faster in the quarter mile and a bit faster around a track due to much better braking and computer controlled crap, the boss is more of a drivers car it was also better in tight bends but had to brake much earlier.

Just like me a deev talked about if the GT500 is better managed and ford puts in the actual work like they have been doing plus working with shelby they can make a bad ass performing car.

02 Crv

Comment

Working...
                            X