Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And then there were four ... death of a CB7 (Emmy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin made a good point. with his statement about PowderBlue.

::Facepalm::

Comment

Another Arcadia green coupe gone....
      COUPE K24

Comment

ugh! another coupe down.
        RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

ouch. Glad you're ok. Like someone said before, the car is replaceable, you are not.

Noob question though...

Why would you need to cut the panels? Couldn't you just replace the fender and door?
          my 91 cb7
          Originally posted by 4doorfury
          I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
            I could fix it.
            Not to any acceptable safety or aesthetic standards.

Nor would it be cost effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
              Not to any acceptable safety or aesthetic standards.

Nor would it be cost effective.
              I wouldn't trust this guy to replace a light bulb, let alone do major body/frame work.
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Glad no one got hurt!!!!
                I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                My coupe!!!
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                  I wouldn't trust this guy to replace a light bulb, let alone do major body/frame work.
                  Fuck you. How do you know my skill level when it comes to body work aand fixing things properly, You dont SO stop talking shit.
                  How do we even know if the frame is damaged unless you see it in person?
                  Last edited by thepowderblue; 05-03-2012, 10:45 PM.
                  Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                  93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

attn: there is NO frame. Its a unibody. unibodys are designed to crumple to absorb the impact. you could do all sorts of hoodo to it but itll never be the same or as safe.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                      attn: there is NO frame. Its a unibody. unibodys are designed to crumple to absorb the impact. you could do all sorts of hoodo to it but itll never be the same or as safe.
                      There is a frame but its part of the body. and it looks to be fine, sure the pillar is crushed but it can be replaced.

Comment

I'm glad that you are okay. I know you must be hurt on the inside, because a car in that condition shows that you cared about her.

I'm sad for your loss as I have one almost like yours. Keep your head up, and remember that new heights are just beyond the horizon.
                        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Fuck you. How do you know my skill level when it comes to body work aand fixing things properly, You dont SO stop talking shit.
                          ROFL. Guy you need a chill pill. its the internet. Its not serious and if youre getting butthurt over something someone is saying here...you have issues.

But with all of the very "interesting" things you post around here, its not hard to wonder what planet youre coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                            Body, frame, whatever its all the same shit. The structural part of the car. No shit we all know the car doesn't have a frame like a truck.

Even an expert body shop would be hard pressed to repair that damage in a safe manor. The car has crumpled, you need to replace a lot of shit to make it safe again encase there is ever an accident on that side again

How do i know what your skill level is? Well considering you don't work in any sort of body shop and generally give off low intelligence i can only assume you have little to no skill in that area. I'll give you an A for effort and enthusiasm but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                              Body, frame, whatever its all the same shit. The structural part of the car. No shit we all know the car doesn't have a frame like a truck.

Even an expert body shop would be hard pressed to repair that damage in a safe manor. The car has crumpled, you need to replace a lot of shit to make it safe again encase there is ever an accident on that side again
                              I dont think they will be hard pressed they will just be like why do you want to do $4k in labor on a $2500 car.

Comment

Originally posted by wlfpck View Post
                                Noob question though...

Why would you need to cut the panels? Couldn't you just replace the fender and door?
                                The "fenders" (front) are bolt on and easily replaced. The rear quarter panels are a welded part of the body structure and can not simply be unbolted and replaced (reference "Rescuing Ruby" for extensive repair of rear quarters on a sedan). Take a look on www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, it will show you an exploded view of the welded panels that make up the body.

The left side of the car, including B pillar and the rocker box section are pushed in at least 8 inches. Rocker section is flattened on the right side where one sign post hit it. One sign post actually slashed open the bottom of the spare tire well. It even looks like the whole body is twisted to some degree - it is not easily, economically, or intelligently repairable.

Insurance company gave me $2760 for the car and paid for the tow; I get to keep what is left. I'll keep it as is for a while and see if I can find an Arcadia green shell to swap everything onto (any help locating one would be appreciated!); otherwise I'll strip off everything usable and scrap the shell.

First donation is tires/wheels. The Yokohama AVID Envigors only had about 7,000 miles on them, the left rear split in the accident, but the wheel is still straight. Put a new tire on, and they will all go on the EX sedan this afternoon - it was in desperate need of tires. Maybe move the 12 spokes to the wagon when it comes home from college next week.
                                Last edited by Fleetw00d; 05-19-2012, 10:47 PM.
                                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                                X