Today is the day..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leung View Post
    I don't think i've ever seen someone so excited to mow their own lawn before. I've been mowing this yard of ours for some odd 20 years now so it's like "dang i gotta mow again because of that rain last night". Granted we have a lawn tractor but it still takes my brother and I like two and a half hours to mow and weed eat. We also have a Craftsman mower because our house floods every five years, i don't want to be the one known as a killer of a Honda mower otherwise i'd get one.
    LOL!

Ya well I used to mow my parents lawn every sunday when I was in high school.

Then I moved away and didn't have a need to do it.

Now I bought a house and it's in that "yay" stage.

Im sure in a year ill be as thrilled as everyone else lol.

Its not so much that im excited to mow the lawn, as it is to break in this mower lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
      I don't think i've ever seen someone so excited to mow their own lawn before. I've been mowing this yard of ours for some odd 20 years now so it's like "dang i gotta mow again because of that rain last night". Granted we have a lawn tractor but it still takes my brother and I like two and a half hours to mow and weed eat. We also have a Craftsman mower because our house floods every five years, i don't want to be the one known as a killer of a Honda mower otherwise i'd get one.
      It's all about that initial excitement of having your own house, especially if you bought it and arent renting..

i did the same thing when i first bought my house. i loved doing all the maintenance and stuff around the yard when i first got my house, and i still love doing home improvement type projects because its something you do and can look back on and say "yea i did that" and just feel accomplished in general that you can say the house is yours and youre keeping it up /fixing things.

Comment

Ralphie, BTW what are you going to mow? Your driveway? I remember seeing the Google map view of your house and how big your driveway is.
        92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
        2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
        2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeless View Post
          It's all about that initial excitement of having your own house, especially if you bought it and arent renting..

i did the same thing when i first bought my house. i loved doing all the maintenance and stuff around the yard when i first got my house, and i still love doing home improvement type projects because its something you do and can look back on and say "yea i did that" and just feel accomplished in general that you can say the house is yours and youre keeping it up /fixing things.
          Exactly! I have been in the house maybe a little over two months and in that time I have repainted the whole house, replaced most of the outlets and switches, added 3 fans, added puck lighting in the kitchen, and a bunch of other odds and ends.

When my buddy has some free time, were going to add another outlet in the living room, run a gas line to the backyard for the bbq, and run a well water line for watering the backyard for free lol.

Down the road he will be adding a hot water line from the house water so I can install an outdoor sink in the back for random cleaning/bbqs etc.

After shit is done though it definitely makes you feel good.

Shit, yesterday I went out and trimmed back a few trees that had branches over the roof/too close to the house.

Took me maybe 45 mins or so, but seeing the improvement in the front yard is a great feeling.

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
          Ralphie, BTW what are you going to mow? Your driveway? I remember seeing the Google map view of your house and how big your driveway is.
          LOL!....no the driveway I will have to call in a crew to clean when it snows...lol.

As far as mowing....I have to cover all of this with a push mower because I do not have $1000+ for a riding mower.

Shit is crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Comment

Haha i was just yanking your chain. When I lived in a house I would have lived to have a yard like that.. instead I was stuck with a big yard with a downward slope and the back hard would grow a foot tall within a week.
            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              Exactly! I have been in the house maybe a little over two months and in that time I have repainted the whole house, replaced most of the outlets and switches, added 3 fans, added puck lighting in the kitchen, and a bunch of other odds and ends.

When my buddy has some free time, were going to add another outlet in the living room, run a gas line to the backyard for the bbq, and run a well water line for watering the backyard for free lol.

Down the road he will be adding a hot water line from the house water so I can install an outdoor sink in the back for random cleaning/bbqs etc.

After shit is done though it definitely makes you feel good.

Shit, yesterday I went out and trimmed back a few trees that had branches over the roof/too close to the house.

Took me maybe 45 mins or so, but seeing the improvement in the front yard is a great feeling.

LOL!....no the driveway I will have to call in a crew to clean when it snows...lol.

As far as mowing....I have to cover all of this with a push mower because I do not have $1000+ for a riding mower.

Shit is crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way.
              I feel you man. I'm glad my yard isnt that big! lmao

Comment

Working...
              X