Today is the day..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the day..............

That my Honda powered lawn mower arrives.

Fuck yes.

Honda powaaaaaaaaaa

That bad boy is strapped inside of a Husqvarna shell.

Got pretty good reviews!

Just in time, my grass is looking awful.

Is it powering your dreams?

Comment

I wanted a Honda mower... but finances forced me to buy a B&S powered Craftsman. Good, but not Honda!

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        Is it powering your dreams?
        You got that one right!

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I wanted a Honda mower... but finances forced me to buy a B&S powered Craftsman. Good, but not Honda!
        Well this one is made by Husqvarna but the motor is made by Honda.

The Honda built mowers are fucking expensive lol.

I just need the Honda motor...that's what they do.

Hopefully the shell holds up....im not really abusive to my tools etc but shit takes a beating after a few years no matter what.

Here is a stock photo

Last edited by Ralphie; 04-30-2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Photonoworkie

Yeah, Honda probably outsources the chassis of their own Honda-branded products anyway. Plus, it's not like you're buying it for its handling capabilities!

A quality mower with a nice strong engine makes life SO much easier. When I bought my house, I used the mower the previous owner left me. It was the mower equivalent to a Yugo. Underpowerd, rusted, and falling apart!
          I replaced it with a used Craftsman that my uncle gave me. That was nice, but it was failing quickly.
          Then I bought my brand new one. That thing ripped through overgrown grass like it was nothing!
          All push mowers... I haven't had the bucks or motivation to get a rider!

Comment

Ive had my Honda Harmony push lawnmower for 4 years, and it was a hand me down from my uncle who owned it for 7 years before that (bought it brand new in '01)

thing has never given me a real problem. I've gotten the float on the carb stuck one time (didnt run it out of gas before the end of fall one year like i normally do.). other than that, standard 4 stroke maintenance, the motor starts on first or second pull EVERY time.

Comment

It's a 4 stroke? My mower is only a 2 stroke, I believe...

Comment

It's a 4 stroke? My mower is only a 2 stroke, I believe...
                yessir, 4 stroke.

99% of lawnmowers i know of are 4 stroke, and about 90% of weed eaters/trimmers i know of are 2 stroke.

Comment

Hmm... maybe that's what I'm thinking of (I have a weedwhacker that's 2 stroke... maybe I got confused!)

Yep, I got confused. I just did a bit of research, and learned that 4 stroke motors have separate oiling systems, while 2 stroke motors need oil added to the fuel.

Comment

When I lived with mom we had two push mowers powered by Honda, a Honda generator and a Honda Pressure Washer...

When it comes to weed eaters and gas powered blowers, I prefer 'echo' brand. The Echo weed eater that we had was a 4 stroke.
                    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Hmm... maybe that's what I'm thinking of (I have a weedwhacker that's 2 stroke... maybe I got confused!)

Yep, I got confused. I just did a bit of research, and learned that 4 stroke motors have separate oiling systems, while 2 stroke motors need oil added to the fuel.
                      yep!

yea the only 2 stroke mowers i know of are old lawn boys, but im sure there are others.

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                        When I lived with mom we had two push mowers powered by Honda, a Honda generator and a Honda Pressure Washer...

When it comes to weed eaters and gas powered blowers, I prefer 'echo' brand. The Echo weed eater that we had was a 4 stroke.

i dont own a weed eater / trimmer, but every 2-3 weeks, i borrow my dad's Stihl that he's had as long as I can remember (probably 15-20 years?) and that thing still runs like its brand new. Ive heard excellent things about Echo too though.
                        Last edited by Hopeless; 04-30-2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeless View Post

i dont own a weed eater / trimmer, but every 2-3 weeks, i borrow my dad's Stihl that he's had as long as I can remember (probably 15-20 years?) and that thing still runs like its brand new. Ive heard excellent things about Echo too though.
                          Is it one of those with the big motorcycle inspired handle on it? I've used one of those a many a time. My dad and grandpa have ran those things for years.. When I say years... I mean, 30 years or more
                          92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                          2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                          2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                            Is it one of those with the big motorcycle inspired handle on it? I've used one of those a many a time. My dad and grandpa have ran those things for years.. When I say years... I mean, 30 years or more
                            his has the moderately sized loop handle, its like a flat bar on the bottom, semi circle on top. and the throttle is in-line (i know which ones youre talking about though)

Comment

Every time I see this thread title, I get this song stuck in my head:

Comment

Working...
                              X