Rear Mounted Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Mounted Turbo

This looks good for you boys in Cali cause it looks like it maybe smog legal http://www.ststurbo.com/remote_mounting___
    This turbo is mounted in the rear of the car check it out it is pretty cool it lets your cat run at normal temps so your exhuast burns cleaner, I don't know how this kit would hold up in the rain and snow but thought you guys would like to take a look.

Yeah..I think someone posted that a couple of months ago. It seems like a pretty kewl idea. I'm still a little skeptical as to how efficient it is....

Comment

Agreed.. why dont u make a prototype kit fushigi.. lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
        Agreed.. why dont u make a prototype kit fushigi.. lol

LOL....I'd be better off bagging up my money and setting it a blaze.

Comment

yeah that was what I was thinking but they say that the turbo runs 800 degrees cooler and the intake cools 100 degrees on the way back to the front so no need to lose 2 to 3 psi running an intercooler. No need for a turbo time if it runs 800 degrees cooler then under the hood. You also dont have all the extra heat under your hood they say it bolts on in 4 hours with basic hand tools. The only thing that I'm a little skeptical on is they have the intake filter under the car. but other then that I would guess there would be a little more lag but if I lived in cali I think this would be worth it I would think that it would be smog legal but I could be wrong

Comment

the rear mount turbo system is interesting, if you have a V8

the complications with oil feed/return are there, as well as the hella long charge pipes. i'll stick with my under hood setups.

Comment

for the intake, you can just stuff the intake into the trunk to prevent hydrolocking sine the filter is exposed and all.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Under $4,000??? Wow!!! Let me guess.... $3,999.99 plus shipping and possible tax. Installtion extra...

Comment

too bad none for our car

Comment

Working...
                  X