Free game download (PC only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free game download (PC only)

Not sure if there are any Fallout fans but seeing as i love 3 and New Vegas, i figured i'd give the original a try even though they play completely different.

But for only 48 hours, GOG.com is giving it away for free.

It is indeed free, no taxes no nothing. I'm downloading mine right now because i already have an account there in the past after buying The Witcher. It's like a ~600mb file so i guess set it up to download while you're in bed. Have fun.
    Last edited by Leung; 04-07-2012, 12:41 AM.

Fast cable connection = like 5 minutes to download that

Interesting. I wonder if the bankruptcy of Black Isle Studios / Interplay has anything to do with the free release of the game. Black Isle / Interplay developed the first two Fallout games. Bethesda took up the development of the third Fallout when Black Isle / Interplay went under.

Comment

Not sure to be honest i just figured it was a special promotion from GOG to draw more customers towards thier gaming service. I mean if i end up liking it, more than likely ill get part 2 which is a measly 4 bucks on there. If you go to wally world and buy it i think its still 20 bucks.

Comment

I had Fallout 1&2. I loved both of them. I sort of like the game play more than the new ones. Then again I like grand theft auto 1&2 more than all the new ones too.

I will have to download that tonight.

Thanks for the link. Brings back good memories.
        "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

That's very possible (and probably even more likely)

Comment

Bethesda has rights over both the Fallout series and the Elder scrolls/skyrim series now. They have announced a Oblivion MMO and theres strong rumors and much interest in a console Fallout MMO.
            -Will

Comment

I've never played the 1st two games. This should be interesting.

psn: KoRn_LuVr

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                Bethesda has rights over both the Fallout series and the Elder scrolls/skyrim series now. They have announced a Oblivion MMO and theres strong rumors and much interest in a console Fallout MMO.
                Yeah, Bethesda took over when the other company tanked.

It makes me sad to see the old companies go... I was attempting to start my own game design company back in 99, and I was in email contact with a couple game developers asking for advice (I believe the most help came from the owner of Shiny Entertainment, David Perry (who, despite seeming TOTALLY full of himself on his website, was extremely willing to offer advice to an aspiring new developer... much respect to that man!)
                Shiny disappeared in 07, it seems... merged with another company after Perry left.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                  As soon as Bethesda won that court case against Interplay they scrapped the Fallout MMO. It was originally Interplay's idea and they were working on it but after the case it was scrapped pretty much right away. It's too bad I was looking forward to it.

I have the game on my laptop. I bought it from GOG along with Fallout 2 and BoS for like $9. It's pretty awkward to play without a proper mouse.
                  Originally posted by deevergote.
                  And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Fast cable connection = like 5 minutes to download that

Interesting. I wonder if the bankruptcy of Black Isle Studios / Interplay has anything to do with the free release of the game. Black Isle / Interplay developed the first two Fallout games. Bethesda took up the development of the third Fallout when Black Isle / Interplay went under.
                    Since Interplay/Black Isle still hold the licenses to the games, but lost the series to Bethesda, I'm pretty sure they can only sell copies of the first two games for another year maybe. After that I bet it will become harder to find. I think they're just using it as a free giveaway to bring more people to the site.
                    Originally posted by deevergote.
                    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

i was playing some new vegas last night. can't wait for 4! but i have to wait till i have about 40 hours to spare because i get attached.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

My dog ate my new vegas. I love that game, too bad they wont be making the Fallout MMO.. I seriously wanted to see that happen.
                        -Will

Comment

I bought NV at launch for the 360 after i beat it the first time, before the release of DLC, my brother's friend cracked my disk at the inner circle. So with it being cracked, my 360 wont read it. I now play it on the PC bc you can download a crap load of mods and stuff from Nexus.

Comment

Damn. I just signed up to download Fallout for free, and I missed the promo. Now it's $6! Stupid me.

Comment

Working...
                            X