Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Accord HFP

http://cars-concept.net/concept-accord-coupe-v6-hfp

As a result, some upgrades and finds engineers highlight of the conceptual Accord Coupe V6 HFP [Honda Factory Performance] dropped a supercharger along with a performance air intake and exhaust system. As a result, the 3.5-liter V6 engine’s output is lifted to 335-horses and 285 ft. lbs of torque, an increase of 64HP and 34 ft-lb. over the stock model. Honda also fitted the demonstration model with a full suite of currently-available HFP components such as the aero package and alloy wheels.

Well this is definetly a turn in a different direction.. Reminds me of a TRD Toyota. But not to big of a fan on the new looks.
    -Will

They only managed an increase of "64HP and 34 ft-lb" on a 3.5L V6.
    Even with keeping it reliable that's a pretty crap output IMO.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

^word

no
      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
      $30 HID kits here Thread
      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Retail prices on the aero kits are not cheap either..
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

64hp? really

Comment

lame
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

People and their obsession with peak numbers...
              Originally posted by sweet91accord
              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

how much more power do you really want with fwd?
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                  They only managed an increase of "64HP and 34 ft-lb" on a 3.5L V6.
                  Even with keeping it reliable that's a pretty crap output IMO.
                  Not sure why that is unimpressive. The damn thing puts out ~260WHP stock, and then if you add 64HP on top of that (could be conservative), it would put it at about 320WHP and probably around 300WTQ. IIRC, that is at approximately 4 lbs of boost. Put a smaller pulley and you could easily be at 350+WHP and probably well over 300 WTQ. I am not sure how much more you would really want in a FWD car, not to mention that puts the power to weight below 10:1 (well below if you figure it using crank HP like most people do). Since the stock car runs the 1/4 in a traction limited ~13.8-14.0 at just over 100MPH, that would most likely put this thing deep into the 12's if you could get it to hook up...

For a stock Eaton (I think M62) that isn't half bad.

What I would like to see is what a ROTREX would do on these things.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

P.S. The other bonus of this kit is that the sucker would pretty much bolt onto the J37 in the TL SH-AWD 6MT which would be able to make effective use of the additional power. THAT would be a badass ride. Probably just shy of 400 crank HP, possibly slightly more.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

m62 would be awfully small for a v6. they used m90's on the 3.8 gm and thunderturds.

anyways, coupled with methanol injection and this thing would rip.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I agree with Texasvtak. Routing all that power through the front tires can turn the car into a torque-steering demon. I hope Honda makes appropriate chassis and tire revisions included with the supercharger kit, though I don't see that happening.

When GM shoehorned a small-block 5.3L V8 into its (front-drive) Impala SS/Grand Prix GXP, the Pontiacs were given chassis revisions to go with the 303BHP output. These included wider tires in the front, a revision that greatly diminished torque steer. The Impala was barely revised; as a result, it truly WAS a torque-steering maniac.
                        Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                        2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                        2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                          Not sure why that is unimpressive. The damn thing puts out ~260WHP stock, and then if you add 64HP on top of that (could be conservative), it would put it at about 320WHP and probably around 300WTQ. IIRC, that is at approximately 4 lbs of boost. Put a smaller pulley and you could easily be at 350+WHP and probably well over 300 WTQ. I am not sure how much more you would really want in a FWD car, not to mention that puts the power to weight below 10:1 (well below if you figure it using crank HP like most people do). Since the stock car runs the 1/4 in a traction limited ~13.8-14.0 at just over 100MPH, that would most likely put this thing deep into the 12's if you could get it to hook up...

For a stock Eaton (I think M62) that isn't half bad.

If Honda was really concerned with traction they would have made it AWD.
                          Its the fact that it only makes 64hp that shows its for sales, not performance.

It also happens to be a concept car . . . That itself explains alot.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by texasvtak View Post
                            how much more power do you really want with fwd?
                            500+

P.S. The other bonus of this kit is that the sucker would pretty much bolt onto the J37 in the TL SH-AWD 6MT which would be able to make effective use of the additional power. THAT would be a badass ride. Probably just shy of 400 crank HP, possibly slightly more.
                            All of this. A Trotrex would be a nice little surprise. And I have to agree, Honda should of tried this on the TL as well as, if not instead of, the Accord.

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            m62 would be awfully small for a v6. they used m90's on the 3.8 gm and thunderturds.
                            IDK why but this made me

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

My Grand Prix GTP made less power than that, and I could spin the tires through 2 of the 4 gears (automatic.)

I do agree that the addition of a supercharger is something you'd expect to add a bit more than 64hp. Then again, any CB7 owner that has swapped in an H22A has gotten quite excited over less!

If the upgrade package / car model comes to be more than a concept, the cost will determine if it is worthwhile.

In doing some research, the TRD supercharger kit for a comparable 3.4L V6 gives a gain of 64hp as well, and costs roughly $3000 for the kit itself (installation not included.) Granted, it was a 64hp gain on a 187hp Tacoma/4Runner engine, so the % increase is greater... but still, Honda's kit is somewhat on par with TRD's.

And yeah, Wes... the M62 really is better suited for something 3.0L and smaller. When I was shopping for a supercharger for my H22, I decided to get an M45 because it was cheaper, but the M62 is what I really wanted. The M90 is what my GTP had.

As for doing this to a TL... yeah, the output would be awesome indeed... but a top of the line TL SH-AWD is a $45,000 car. Add a supercharger and other performance parts to such a car, and I could see that thing easily getting to $55,000. That's nearly M3 money, for performance that will likely be equal to the M3 at best... probably falling short of it (since the M3 was built as a complete car, and the performance package for the TL would be added on.) Die-hard Acura TL fans will be happy to spend the money, but I wonder if there are enough of them to justify it.
                              The car would be great, no doubt... but it'd be competing in an arena that is already populated by high quality, high performance vehicles with stellar reputations, and in some eyes, brands with greater prestige.

Comment

Working...
                              X