Since this is a car forum..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since this is a car forum..

I just wanted to remind everyone to use the proper tools for the job..
    That slipped my mind for just a few seconds and now i have a small gash to the back of my leg while scraping my left knee which hurts equally; thankfully nothing that needed stitches.

what happened was my brother needed an angled picture of a Bose radio i bought last night so he could sell it on eBay, so i climbed on top of a chair to get that shot. As soon as i put my left leg up on that chair, time just slowed down as i watched my knee go flying into the dinner table. So now i'm left holding my knee reminiscent to the scene where Peter Griffin is hold his knee after tripping on the sidewalk because of it stings. My mom gets up to see what happened and it turned out that the chair was missing three of the four screws that held the seat to the chair frame. Why anyone would leave a chair like that is beyond me.. I seriously want to take out it back and go ape shit on it.

Anyhow else anyone got any war stories where they knowingly used the wrong tool and got injured afterwards?

Pics?

I use the wrong tool all the time. I know it's not funny but not in the "just grab a tool" sense but more the "this flat-tipped object isnt working so I'll use a different flat-tipped object" sense, lol.

As far as specialty tools goes; ones that're MADE for said job, I try to use them as best I can until Ive exhausted that option. Then I go borrow someone elses tool of the same caliber, lol.

And let's not forget; when all else fails, nothing beats a BFH.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

yeah i've jabbed myself a few times whlie prying at something with a screwdriver.

Comment

"Ahhh SSSS.. AHH SSSS.. AHHH SHHHH"

8 Accords so far:
        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

i injured myself one time using the correct tool but i guess i must have been using it wrong. i was doing rear drum brakes on a car and the spring tool slipped and sent the spring flying at my left thumb nail which turned black instantly and took over a year to heal fully. other then that i don't think i have injured myself by using the wrong tool. i have sliced myself on a rusted tire though and had to get a tetanus shot. yes i said i cut myself on a tire. the wires inside were exposed and must have been sitting for a while before they decided to bring it to ME to change it for them.
            1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
            1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
            1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
            1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

I was just gonna say, you can hurt yourself using the RIGHT tool, lol.

Comment

Happens every time I go to a local junkyard..I come out with some mystery scar...on my finger
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Post about taking a picture... Yet no Pics

Comment

are dead hookers considered "the wrong tools"?

Comment

Tough call, they have many many uses.

I particular shape? heat a knife with a torch, then cut it. too lazy to plug in a hot-melt glue gun? melt the glue with a lighter. lug nut stripped? angle grinder, cut the whole fucking wheel off. need a donut shaped piece of rubber? hole saw + hockey puck. nothing says job well done like a face full of molten rubber.

Ive cut/burned my hands more times than I can remember. But theres a certain bit of pride that comes from completing the task at hand without the proper tools. I call it the McGuyver factor.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

it's just a minor gash.. nothing to make me think i'm going to lose my leg above the knee. It's all scabbed over now and i can't even feel it anymore but it sure stung this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by stevediraddo View Post
                          Tough call, they have many many uses.

I particular shape? heat a knife with a torch, then cut it. too lazy to plug in a hot-melt glue gun? melt the glue with a lighter. lug nut stripped? angle grinder, cut the whole fucking wheel off. need a donut shaped piece of rubber? hole saw + hockey puck. nothing says job well done like a face full of molten rubber.

Ive cut/burned my hands more times than I can remember. But theres a certain bit of pride that comes from completing the task at hand without the proper tools. I call it the McGuyver factor.
                          You and I would be great friends.

Because I spend more of my budget on my car than the tools I do to work on it, I sometimes need to make things work with what I've got.

"Instructions say to use a Dremel to cut through this plastic part." Hmm...I don't have any bits for my dremel right now. *pulls out angle grinder with metal grinding disc* "This will do."

As for injuries while working on things...I don't hurt myself very often. I get the usual finger/knuckle/hand scrapes and cuts as per every wrenching session. If you were to look at my hands, you'd tell me I have Mechanic's Hands.

Worst thing I can remember doing is stabbing the web of my thumb with a screwdriver while scraping the sealant out of a headlight assembly when I did my first blackhouse DIY. Left a nice hole in the web and basically turned it into a real fleshlight lol. Didn't bleed, but took forever to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                            it's just a minor gash.. nothing to make me think i'm going to lose my leg above the knee. It's all scabbed over now and i can't even feel it anymore but it sure stung this morning.

Comment

^ this made me ROLF

Comment

Working...
                              X