Where do I stand here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I stand here?

Extended(Cliffs at the bottom): We have 2 dogs. A shiba Inu, and a terrier mix/awesome dog. My sister bought another dog and is trying to share it with her boyfriend. Ie going back and forth between the houses. I don't remember the type of dog but it's often used as a sled dog. Here's a large pic that I'm not going to imbed. http://www.marylanddogsledding.com/i..._Snow_Dogs.jpg
    As expected, the dog is spending more and more time at our house, bringing the total to 3 dogs, 3 cats, and 6 people.

This morning I was sitting at my dinner table eating a delicious leftover Ruben. My sister walked past and went to let the dogs into the house. She lets them in, and this fair sized dog jumps on the bench next to me and starts drinking my milk! Without hesitation I punch it square in the face and shout no! It immediately jumps down and waltz's away (meaning I need to hit harder next time). My sister appears from the background and starts yelling threats. "If you ever hit my dog again I'm going to call the cops!" yada yada with lots of swear words.

She leaves into a different part of the house and take the sled dog with her.
    I come down here and type this out and shut off her internet.

Cliffs: My sisters dog jumped on the table and starting eating my food. I punched it in the face. She started freaking out and threatened to call the cops.

So two questions:
    1. Should I be preparing to lol at her and the cop, should he show up?
    2. Any better way you would've done this?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Animal abuse is taken seriously around where I live. I would have just shouted no before hitting it. That's like your sister walking in, drinking your milk and the. Without saying a word you deck her. All you had to do was simply say no and maybe gave the dog a little nudge. I didn't take a look at the picture since my phone is slow but I'm guessing its a husky?

Comment

Please don't hit animals. Dogs are called "man's best friend" for a reason. They relate to us differently than other animals. A dog is easily able to sense your attitude and feelings toward it without you even opening your mouth or raising a hand. You just need to scold them verbally and then later reaffirm that simply because you got pissed at them and corrected them, you don't harbor a permanent negative sentiment toward them. I have 4 dogs. Each one of them has a distinct personality and I love them all more than most things in life. I have slapped them on the back end or popped them on the nose but that's very different than punching it in the face.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm with your sister on this one. Hell, if I was there to see you punch a dog, I'd probably knock you out myself. Yell at the dog, push the dog away, put an arm under its ribcage and lift it away... all better options than punching the dog. It was only a glass of milk!

Think about it. Aside from the fact that attacking an animal for being an animal is wrong in multiple ways... imagine if you did real damage to the dog. If you injured the animal, expensive vet bills would be incurred. You would have to pay them. The vet would probably be able to tell what happened, even if nobody says anything about it. Just like child abuse, animal abuse is taken seriously by the law. The vet can, and probably will, call the police and report you for abusing the animal.
        So now you're paying for vet bills AND defending yourself in court against animal abuse charges (which can come back to haunt you in life... Michael Vick is one of the most talented quarterbacks in football, and the Eagles got him dirt cheap because nobody wants an animal abuser on their team!)

Is that worth defending your glass of milk?

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
          Without hesitation I punch it square in the face

But what you did is a POS move..

Comment

It's either a husky or a malamute.
            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Arm your self with a super socker, air horn or a rolled up news paper any of those methods will help deal with the dog, and if your sister still crys cops or some type of drama than she's a real bitch... Sorry and if that dosent work talk to some one about the problem.

Comment

The next time your sister's dog pisses you off... punch your sister.

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
                  That's like your sister walking in, drinking your milk and the. Without saying a word you deck her.

but seriously, you fucked up

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Violence never solves anything...

So yeah I'd say that is a overreaction on your part. Should have just shoved the dog or yelled at it.
                    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Punching dogs is a bad idea. Especially if it was a malimute. That dog WILL respond negatively to abuse. Maybe not the first time. Maybe not the second. But it will split you open. Trust me.
                      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                      Disregard females, acquire currency
                      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Alright guys, a quick response and later when I'll have more time I'll do each.

This wasn't a "full power" punch. It would've been a backhand, but the way the dogs head would've moved it would knocked over the glass. It wasn't at all hard, and it didn't faze the dog, other than getting it to stop drinking. I'd say it stood more as a dramatic gesture than anything else.

And Idk if it was a husky or a malamute. They both look the same after a quick search. I'd probably say husky though.

turbomaxx: My response to a dog is (I try) directly related to what the dog does. If it drink my milk, I'll push (in this case hit) it away. If it bites and draws blood, I WILL do anything and everything in my power to cause the dog as much pain as possible until it stops. Then I'll either euthanize it or kill it.
                        MRT
                        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                        Originally posted by Tippey764
                        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

GeoffM...how much paint chips did you consume as a kid?

It sounds like you can't think for yourself..I don't know why you bother to post stupid shit like this and then expect some sort of response to defend you.

If you ever hit an animal expect to be given it back two fold. I hope that dog castrates you.

Why would you hit an animal you dumbass.

Spilled milk? Shit that's why there's a fucking carton or a jug in the fridge.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Super simple answer for the case at hand - Don't let the dogs inside the house.

Or second simple answer - Move out of your parents house.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I don't see the point of having a pet if you don't have it in the house... but still. Dogs are dogs. If you have food that they can get to, especially if they're not yet trained, they will try to get to it. Don't leave your shit accessible to them.

Or, as said... move out. Or your sister can move out.

Comment

Working...
                              X