No announcement yet.

Supercar shoot out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted m6 cause I love bmw's and would love to have a nice new one, It would be my luxury dd.

^^^^^
    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I HOPE the new NSX pwns all... it could be so crammed with interesting new technology that it completely deviates from everything the NSX ever was. That kinda scares me. I almost wish this new Honda supercar was called something else. Imagine if Toyota called the LFA a Supra? (although that would be less of a deviation from the previous model, I feel.)
      430 Scuderia

McLaren F1

Acura NSX

911 GT3

599GTB Fiorano

Not necessarily in that order.

The McLaren F1 to me is the penultimate supercar. No gimmicks, no electronics, no nannies, no bullshit. Just good old big engine, smart aerodynamics and nothing more than necessary. Purity of design if you will.

Which brings me to my next car, the NSX. Not only the ideological inspiration for the McLaren F1, but also the car that made every other car on the list better. "Supercars" went from being crass, unweildy, outdated technology that was nothing more than rubbish in a wrapper with a good engine note, to being purely dedicated cars designed to be unquestionable with what they do. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have gotten the first all new rear engined Porsche in ~40 years, the drivable Ferrari's that started with the F355, or the Corvette that was capable of more than being a sports car for mullet, gold chain and wife beater wearing stereotypes. And it was an amazing car in its own right, which, while never quite being "successful" sales wise, was definitely overlooked by a large group of people and was unquestionably a sum total that was equal to more than its parts.

The 911 GT3 is probably the most raw interpretation of a sports car on the road today, and the 599GTB Fiorano is just fucking awesome. There is something awesome about a 600+HP 9,000RPM V12 in an emmissions legal, warranted streetcar.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

lfa...id probably choose porsche if there was one ont he list. my knees get weak even at the site of an ISF.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If I was to go with 'X' car from 'Y company (not necessarily in this order with the exception of the ZR-1 being 1st), it would probably follow this format:

Chevy Corvette ZR-1
          Ferrari Italia 458 (yes, I'd take this over the 612 and 599)
          Lamborghini Reventon
          Porche (although, I'm not really a Porsche fan, and probably dead last on my list): either the GT or GT2.
          BMW Z10
          Audi R8
          Mercedes SLS AMG
          Acura NSX (...still waiting on test reviews...)
          Aston Martin V-12 Vanquish (oh yeah)

Give me a minute to gather my thoughts, and then explain how I weigh the balances of each car.
          Last edited by Straight Success; 03-07-2012, 05:01 AM.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I HOPE the new NSX pwns all... it could be so crammed with interesting new technology that it completely deviates from everything the NSX ever was. That kinda scares me. I almost wish this new Honda supercar was called something else. Imagine if Toyota called the LFA a Supra? (although that would be less of a deviation from the previous model, I feel.)
            It will be interesting to see. People said the original NSX would not be a good car because of the technologies it was adding, some of which could be considered "nannies." In the US specifically, there was a lot of uproar about how complex and needlessly overdone the engine was, as well as the skepticism about the chassis.

I would argue that if the new NSX heralds in a bunch of new technology, then it is, in fact, a suitable replacement. The fact that it is MR, small and being pushed toward lightweight makes it more of an NSX than any other concept Honda has pushed seriously.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I was stuck between the R8 V10 and the MP4-12C, but then I realized I had forgotten the LFA. it has the amazing looks of a good supercar, and the crazy pure engineering that makes a nerd like me happy in the pants. The loomed carbon body panels, the stupid high revs, the yamaha tuned heads and exhaust...

The geekery is beside the fact that its a toyota, and likely to be way more comfortable and reliable than, say, a ferrari or lamborgini.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

2013 Shelby GT500 650hp all day err day. Whompin on the ZR1

Rip It Up
                Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

The LF-A! Sure it's not the fastest car on that list, but it's damn good looking lol.

I also like how the Ferrari California isn't on there -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
                    2013 Shelby GT500 650hp all day err day. Whompin on the ZR1
                    Negative. More HPs, less performance overall.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I'm still all over the Corvette idea.

The other cars are cool, but they're so techy and gimmicky which takes away from the purity of driving a monster.

I want to grab the beast by the horns and let it try and kill me. ZR1 will do that.

Comment

An LSB HPF M3 or a ferrari F430 scuderia
                        MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

im stuck between the Lamborghini sesto elemento concept or the Lamborghini aventador.

Comment

they all suck tbh.

Pagani isn't even on the list.
                            the only supercar I'd own.

electronically aided cars shouldn't even count.
                            just because they make 500hp isn't that special in a heavy ass chassis's.

Comment

that being said i will probably being using an sls as a grocery getter when I'm making money.

Comment

Working...
                              X