$15,000 used car options/ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    He's talking about the POS FWD model that came after...
    I know. I'm so mad at Chevy for that. Although, not to get too off topic, I did see a prototype on GM's website a while back for a new Caprice, Impala SS, and Chevelle; all RWD of course. I could never find that web page after my old computer crashed and my bookmarks were deleted.

The Chevelle that they made was retro in the sense of how the new Challenger is compared to the old one.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
      No Monte Carlo came with factory.
      I was being silly. The '94-'94 Impala SS came with the LT-1.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

He's talking about the POS FWD model that came after...
        what's wrong with the fwd models?
        COUPE K24

Comment

They're not as fun as RWD.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Well, nothing is really wrong with them... I just hate the idea of a FWD Impala, and a V8 powering the front wheels just seems absurd to me.

I think Chevy should release a new Chevelle, and base it on the FWD Malibu... but make it RWD. Basically, a G8 GXP that looks like a Malibu.

Comment

Well, nothing is really wrong with them... I just hate the idea of a FWD Impala, and a V8 powering the front wheels just seems absurd to me.

I think Chevy should release a new Chevelle, and base it on the FWD Malibu... but make it RWD. Basically, a G8 GXP that looks like a Malibu.
              It's not bad. I rode in a 2006 ss and it handled well anad good get up and go. Also the dod is
              A. Pretty cool feature.
              COUPE K24

Comment

If they made it RWD, like Impalas are supposed to be, I'd like it. The styling isn't as cool as the B body, but it's still a nice looking car.

Comment

The 2010 Ford Taurus SHO. No V8 or manual though, but I have heard that they are fun and fast.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Won't be found for $15,000, though...
                    The Lincoln equivalent... MK-S, I think? Would probably be better suited... but I don't think Lincoln has a manual in their lineup anymore.

Lincoln needs to regain their luxury standing. I understand that Ford is consolidating, falling back on their volume sales, less expensive cars, and relying on the F150 and the Mustang to hold onto their sporty, powerful heritage... Still, I would LOVE to see a full-sized Lincoln model rocking the engine from the Boss 302, or even a detuned version of the new 650hp Shelby engine (essentially, the Lincoln equivalent to the current CTS-V as it is in relation to the Corvette ZR1)

Comment

Well, in all fairness, GM did a really good job. A powerful V8, in a luxury car, at the price they offered it at, with a manual trans... Good job GM.

Cough, cough... I forgot to mention. There is a CTS-V coupe in silver around the corner from my house. The owner barely drives it as it's always in the same spot and very clean.

Happy hunting.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I would KILL for a CTS-V coupe! I sometimes wonder if I'd choose to buy one if I wanted to spend $65,000 on a car. I mean, at that price, there are some fantastic options available (and the German cars that I wouldn't want to buy used, I would definitely consider buying new.)
                        The 2nd gen CTS-V is such a beautiful car. The coupe is so 'spaceship' looking to me.

I've looked for 2nd gen CTS-Vs used... the earliest sedan models still fetch $40k+

Comment

In that case, I'll snap a picture when I ride by it for teasers (contingent upon my memory).

- D. Chappelle

Comment

subaru legacy GT spec B. luxury and power, awd 6mt manual.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Interesting reccomendation.

Me personally, I've never though of Subaru to be luxury. Mid-class and rally racing, absolutely. I like the way you bought something fresh to the table. It got me thinking.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Yeah, the only Subaru I really feel is luxury is the SVX... and that's a pretty pathetic performer (and old!)

I do like the Legacy GT, though. It does offer quite a bit of what I'm looking for.
                                My mom has an 06 Legacy Outback, and the interior just feels so... I dunno... there's no luxury there. The layout is nice, but it feels like 90% function, 10% form.

Comment

Working...
                                X