cool tool called "bolt out"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool tool called "bolt out"

Just bought a set of these "bolt out" sockets from Sears, some Craftsman shit you know. Anyways, I did this cuz the rear caliper bracket bolts off the 88 integra of ours are rusted to shit & the tool that should be used don't work cuz it just wants to round it out. the rust erroded torx bit internal part to shit, so it's some size that don't fit shit.

so I put this "bolt out" socket on top the bolt head (has hex-like head that's close to 14mm, not quite) and then back it out after I torched the bolt & bamm!! all gravy...used another socket on the 10mm bolt heads for the dustshield too..worked like a charm.

so it works like it supposed to...it can be used for rusted out bolts/nuts or if you round the bolt head or nut out.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

official name of tool, found @ Sears:
    Attached Files

Comment

close-up:
      Attached Files

Comment

there are like 3 different sets you can get, each having a certain amount....obviously the more you pay, the more you get.

I live in MI & rust is common. I work on all 5 of our USED cars ranging from 85-91 it helped me out & I know I'll be using in frequently in the future, so I say they are worth it.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-26-2003, 05:27 AM.

Comment

nice... i wish i would have had one of those when i was installing my header and downpipe, lol.

Comment

Thanks for the 411- I'm adding that to my holiday wish-list now...

L8z-
            Jay
            "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

Comment

Thanks dude. I might pick some of those up.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

hey, just to prove these work great (gosh I sound like a salesman for these guys ) I just used them to finish the rear brake job on that 88 integra we have. I successfully removed 12 bolts in whole (they threaded out) that were all so rusted to hell, I could not fit a combo wrench or socket of the appropriate size cuz they erroded to some small oddball size that fit nothing! they came out with ease baby, with ease.

it's like an easy-out design, but reversed into a socket style

Comment

sure now you post that....after i broke some of my bolts...so i have a anger issue..lol

thanks ill have to show those to the wife and say those ones...yep those are the ones i saw.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

Originally posted by DRAGGEN
                    sure now you post that....after i broke some of my bolts...so i have a anger issue..lol

thanks ill have to show those to the wife and say those ones...yep those are the ones i saw.
                    hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by 5spdintegra
                      Thanks dude. I might pick some of those up.
                      yea! now i dont have to buy em and i can just use yours

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Originally posted by nirvoUSAccord
                        yea! now i dont have to buy em and i can just use yours
                        Well guess who's going to be using your air compressor and impact gun?

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

Do I have to separate you two?!?!

Just playin...must be nice to share sh*t & help each other out. Wish I had that help sometimes (Aero3685 helped me out a couple times, I appreciate it. Helped him as well).

Get this, Sears has a 10% off thing every first week of every month & I'm guessing with Christmas around the corner...they be having some sales too so I'm getting some more shit like a timing light, hex bit sockets, valve spring compressor, etc. Gea boooiiii

Originally posted by 5spdintegra
                          Well guess who's going to be using your air compressor and impact gun?

Comment

Working...
                          X