How to lower your car on a budget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kyb+b/g suspension under $400

damn shit went through the roof before it was about 350-400 for a spring and strut combo ( a decent combo)

I paid 360 shipped for mine.
    Last edited by 8ball; 02-18-2012, 02:37 AM.

Comment

i had kyb and h&r springs on my cb. no one ever complained and said the ride was super smooth for how low it was. might do it for the protege5 if i decide to mod it lol

no
      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
      $30 HID kits here Thread
      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Cheapest lowering setup hmm ive thought this out many times.

1. Custom Extended top hats highly reccommended if not getting full coilover setup.
        2. Ebay coilover SLEEVES not the springs. This is just for adjustability.
        3. Springs at the rate and length of your choice. 2.5" InnerDiameter
        4. Gas charged shocks. Of your choice. But you get what you pay for.

Im doing this setup and it will cost me about 300 bucks with already having sleeves and custom top hats. No it is not the best setup nor will it ride like you want it to but with a budget you never.get what you want lol

So theres just an idea. You could even go with lowering springs and no sleeves if you did not want to go very low.
        -Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
          i had kyb and h&r springs on my cb. no one ever complained and said the ride was super smooth for how low it was. might do it for the protege5 if i decide to mod it lol
          KYB doesn't make anything that is compatible with any spring H&R makes... not for the CB, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tm123 View Post
            Cheapest lowering setup hmm ive thought this out many times.

1. Custom Extended top hats highly reccommended if not getting full coilover setup.
            2. Ebay coilover SLEEVES not the springs. This is just for adjustability.
            3. Springs at the rate and length of your choice. 2.5" InnerDiameter
            4. Gas charged shocks. Of your choice. But you get what you pay for.

Im doing this setup and it will cost me about 300 bucks with already having sleeves and custom top hats. No it is not the best setup nor will it ride like you want it to but with a budget you never.get what you want lol

So theres just an idea. You could even go with lowering springs and no sleeves if you did not want to go very low.
            $300 for that generic set up why not just wait a couple more months save up some more cash and just buy quality products. Do it once do it right.
            Sold to:
            GunRunner,mtnickel,SanJoCaF22DrAcc,sikz6,daovangph otos,megarock15,
            Purchased From :cb95spd,"sleepin"

Comment

Originally posted by Koochologist View Post
              Do it once do it right.
              Enough said

/Thread

8 Accords so far:
              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

For the amount of time it would take to make that, not so attractive, triangle extended top hat setup. It would look much nicer to do the DIY extended top hat mod. Ether way you need someone that can weld.

The OEM extended top hat mod looks much cleaner than the triangle one shown above. It probably costs less as well. All you need is 4x 2"x2" DOM tubing, OEM hats cut (4 cuts) and 8 welds.

And this mode does absolutely nothing to lower your car. It is for those that run lowering springs on stock strut setups. It allows the strut to maintain it's optimum travel height. Also with this mod you can customize your top hat to the drop spring height that you have installed. For instance, if you have 2.2" drop springs in the front and 2.0" drop springs in the rear.(Skunk2) You simply insert 2.2" of DOM tubing in the front top hat and 2" in the rear. This will bring your struts back to the OEM travel heights.
                Last edited by GhostAccord; 02-18-2012, 03:16 PM.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

What is done in the original post is not the same as extended top hat. You can see the top of an upper aftermarket coilover spring perch coming through the hole. This will lower the car since the whole shock/spring is being raised.

For not much more effort, a plate could mount flat on the shock tower then extensions welded off of it to the bearing/bushing. That would eliminate the long bolts and spacers as well as reinforcing the shock tower holes.
                  Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

He just became infamous on Jalopnik. :cool:
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
                      What is done in the original post is not the same as extended top hat. You can see the top of an upper aftermarket coilover spring perch coming through the hole. This will lower the car since the whole shock/spring is being raised.
                      OK I see it now. Definitely more ghetto than I first imagined......that's just wrong on so many levels! If the coil over kit doesn't go low enough. Sell that set and buy ones that do.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

i think i would rather use a chromoly spacer instead of 3 nuts. fuck grade 8, id go straight to 12.9
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          KYB doesn't make anything that is compatible with any spring H&R makes... not for the CB, anyway.
                          had h&r springs with kyb gr2s i kid you not! forgot the owner of the car now but he's on here somewhere. unless i read what was written on both parts wrong, that is what it had. i didnt install them though. came with the car.

i think Stealth Audio D did it too

edit: SEXXIILADY712 now owns my car. but it changed a lot lol. h22a-less, different suspension, etc. glad to know its still alive and super updated lol.
                          Last edited by Law Grandeur; 02-19-2012, 01:38 AM.

no
                          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                          $30 HID kits here Thread
                          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Working...
                          X