Sharing pics of cars I have worked on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing pics of cars I have worked on

I take a lot of pride in my work, but since I work in my school body shop, I am not aloud to take pics with my cell phone. I finally convinced my teacher to transfer the pics from his camera onto my USB drive and now I can share some pics

Here is a Monte Carlo that I helped strip with a few other people

The paint on it was no good and was peeling everywhere so we are taking it down to bare metal and redoing everything!

Here is a Cobra kit car that I also helped out on, We had to put the car together, it came in 5 pieces. My buddy put it together, but I help paint it, wetsand it, and put it back together. Now it is back in for 2 white racing stripes down the middle.

The pics don't really do it justice, out in the sunlight, this thing sparkles like crazy with the colored metallics in it!

That's all for now. More pics will be coming though!

why are the headlights and misc parts just taped off ?

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
      why are the headlights and misc parts just taped off ?
      So that they don't get scratched, the bolts on that Monte are scary looking with rust, and on the Cobra, were just wet sanding so it's easier to put a little bit of tape than to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
        So that they don't get scratched, the bolts on that Monte are scary looking with rust, and on the Cobra, were just wet sanding so it's easier to put a little bit of tape than to remove it.
        I understand but why would you paint the "Cobra", put the parts on, THEN wet sand...

Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
          I understand but why would you paint the "Cobra", put the parts on, THEN wet sand...

Just curious
          Lmao the guy wanted to drive it for summer, then when it started getting cold he brought it too us. He said we can have it all winter so we parked it in a corner of the shop for a while and covered it haha we just recently started wet sanding to put the stripes on. Then we will need to re-wet sand it and reclear it again haha

Comment

So you built it, sprayed it, he drove it for the summer, THEN you finished the wet sanding? customer is always right, I suppose!

I want a kit car so bad... I wish I had a place to build one.

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
              Lmao the guy wanted to drive it for summer, then when it started getting cold he brought it too us. He said we can have it all winter so we parked it in a corner of the shop for a while and covered it haha we just recently started wet sanding to put the stripes on. Then we will need to re-wet sand it and reclear it again haha

I see.... People these days lol... What do you guys charge? Just materials?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                So you built it, sprayed it, he drove it for the summer, THEN you finished the wet sanding? customer is always right, I suppose!

I want a kit car so bad... I wish I had a place to build one.
                Pretty much haha I love this car. Really wish he would give us the key so we can turn it on to move it instead of just pushing it though :/

Comment

Yeah... just to move it...

Comment

More like

Comment

Deev are you kidding with this i lol'd for a few mins. "Ferris Bueller you're my hero."

But those cars are awesome to work on i'm jealous!

Comment

It's a very rare thing to find the EXACT picture you're looking for in a particular situation!

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                          Deev are you kidding with this i lol'd for a few mins. "Ferris Bueller you're my hero."

But those cars are awesome to work on i'm jealous!
                          We also have a 74 Grand Torino, and freshman year we had a 74 Camaro and a 93? Corvette. I love this shop haha

It's a very rare thing to find the EXACT picture you're looking for in a particular situation!
                          I love how the car is the same color and all!

Comment

Here is an old school Yota I'm working on as well! This thing was a 10 second rust bucket lmao I wouldn't feel safe going over 100 in this thing!

The panel fabbed up and welded in

No motor!

I believe doors aren't supposed to look like that......

And here is my fathers 2000 F150 I'm also working on. This will probably be the cheapest thing I have ever done! He just want's to pass inspection haha

Here is the right side after I finished it. Forgot to take pics during the progress of it

Comment

I did not think this door would be salvageable and I am very impressed on how it came out! My buddy who welded it is an absolute genius when it comes to fabrication of anything! And having a machine shop in his home garage really makes this even easier!

Comment

Working...
                              X