replaced motor blows 2 months later? i need help, suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I do my own work when I can. When I can't, I go to people that I know I can trust, that I know I can hold accountable, and I make sure I have at least enough understanding of what they're doing to know if they've done something wrong.
    Yup, I also rarely have time to do any major repairs on my car but I have a buddy who is a master tech at a Nissan dealership and he does all the necessary work to my car for a reasonable price. If he is busy I have another guy who does good work at his shop. Both are my friends but they provide warranty on their work and i trust them.
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Yeah, I run crying to Jak Frostwhite whenever I need help. Hopefully he'll work on my CB7 for me soon... just gotta order the part I need! He hasn't been online here for a bit, so I'm hoping he's still around. He's a tech at my local Honda dealer, and he knows his stuff. He also has the sense to know when he DOESN'T know something, and he gets help from someone that does.

He just fixed the AC in my Fit last summer. The compressor has a clutch and a coil, and when the compressor goes bad, both are usually replaced. The clutch is a $300 part, and the coil is a $100 part. Rather than doing what most mechanics would do, and just routinely replace both (costing me $400), he dug deeper and discovered that only the $100 coil needed to be replaced. Of course, in the process of changing everything out, the blower motor died... which was a $300 part. Still, had it been anyone but Rich, I'd have accused the mechanic of breaking things either carelessly or on purpose. But because I know I can trust him, and I truly do, I know he was being straight with me. Having a mechanic you can trust is very important.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Yeah, I run crying to Jak Frostwhite whenever I need help. Hopefully he'll work on my CB7 for me soon... just gotta order the part I need! He hasn't been online here for a bit, so I'm hoping he's still around. He's a tech at my local Honda dealer, and he knows his stuff. He also has the sense to know when he DOESN'T know something, and he gets help from someone that does.

He just fixed the AC in my Fit last summer. The compressor has a clutch and a coil, and when the compressor goes bad, both are usually replaced. The clutch is a $300 part, and the coil is a $100 part. Rather than doing what most mechanics would do, and just routinely replace both (costing me $400), he dug deeper and discovered that only the $100 coil needed to be replaced. Of course, in the process of changing everything out, the blower motor died... which was a $300 part. Still, had it been anyone but Rich, I'd have accused the mechanic of breaking things either carelessly or on purpose. But because I know I can trust him, and I truly do, I know he was being straight with me. Having a mechanic you can trust is very important.
        " Having a mechanic you can trust is very important."

Words to live by
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Working...