Should I flash my high beams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I flash my high beams?

I only flash mine at people that have them on as they're driving towards me.
    I'll flash. If they don't turn them off, I put mine on and leave them on. If they still don't turn them off, I swerve at them. They usually get the hint then.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I'll flash. If they don't turn them off, I put mine on and leave them on. If they still don't turn them off, I swerve at them. They usually get the hint then.
      Mike, there are many reasons I like you. This is now another.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I love this new segment

Comment

My buddy did the same thing once. I almost died!

A car was coming at us with its high beams on, my friend flashed him and nothing. Then my friend left them on. Still nothing. Finally he went into the other lane and stayed there. I was shitting bricks! At the last second, he finally turned back. We found out the guy didn't have the high beams on, he had a small pick up and it was filled with stones in the back so the headlights were aimed directly at us. I had to change my pants.

Comment

I always make sure I can see the inner beam that indicates high beams (so a car like my Fit that has a dual filament bulb probably wouldn't get that treatment from me.)

Comment

I always make sure I can see the inner beam that indicates high beams (so a car like my Fit that has a dual filament bulb probably wouldn't get that treatment from me.)
              I was not laughing. I never got into the passenger seat of his car ever again.

Comment

Truckers appreciate a flash when they are trying to change to the lane in front of you to indicate that there is room to do so. It also indicates that you acknowledge their intent and you're not likely to run up onto their rear bumper. Most will "thank" you by flashing their trailer lights.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                  Truckers appreciate a flash when they are trying to change to the lane in front of you to indicate that there is room to do so. It also indicates that you acknowledge their intent and you're not likely to run up onto their rear bumper. Most will "thank" you by flashing their trailer lights.
                  Yes. Glad to see im not the only one looking out for the big riggers...too often they are not given any room to maneuver.

i also agree with Deev's tactic. My style is quite similar but sometimes i strobe my high-beams if they leave theirs on...then they get the swerve.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I only flash my high beams if the oncoming car doesnt shut their off, or if someone is driving in the dark with no lights on or for some other safety/visibility reason.

I never ever flash other cars warning of speed traps. You get a speeding ticket, it's your own fault.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                      Unless it's night time. Then you should kill the headlights as opposed to flashing the highs.

Comment

The only time i ever flash my lights at an oncoming car is when there is a speed trap behind me unless i see them on their cell phone talking while drive. F those peoples.

Comment

^agree, cellphones while driving is retarded. i was on highway 30 recently during a massive blizzard and some cunt blew past me going 120, i could see the phone in her hand plain as day. a little while later i saw her in the ditch. guess who didnt stop.

i put GE nighthawk platinums in, and now people flash me all the time, thinking my highs are on. imagine their surprise when i flash them MY high beams!

[edit] actually the thing i hate most is when big assholes ride your tail with either badly installed HIDs, or their highbeams, WITH their foglights on too! fuck that drives me nuts! if im on the highway i try to point my side mirrors to aim the light back at them, but that rarely works.
                          Last edited by stevediraddo; 01-29-2012, 03:01 AM.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

I put mine on and leave them on. If they still don't turn them off, I swerve at them. They usually get the hint then.
                            WTF!!! why would you swerve at them???

your endangering yourself and others!!!

let those pigs do their jobs.

imo, if someone swerved at me because i had my hi's on

i would follow them and they can try to swerve from n*gger beater.
                            RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Originally posted by jewelproject View Post
                              WTF!!! why would you swerve at them???

your endangering yourself and others!!!

let those pigs do their jobs.

imo, if someone swerved at me because i had my hi's on

i would follow them and they can try to swerve from n*gger beater.
                              You might want to rephrase that before you get smacked with the banstick.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X