Custom die-cast model cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom die-cast model cars

I haven't looked in many years, so I'm wondering if maybe something has appeared since then. As you all know, there are no die-cast models of the CB7 floating around. No Hot Wheels, no Matchbox, nothing...

I'd still love to get one made, but the custom places I've looked into before would've been upwards of $200 for one... and that's too steep!

Has anyone looked around for such a place recently? Any luck?

The closest i have seen is an '89-90 Honda Inspire on Ebay.

. $55 bucks plus 14 shipping from HK.

how small is 1:43?

*just looked it up, that's pretty freaking small.
    Last edited by Leung; 01-28-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I haven't looked in many years, so I'm wondering if maybe something has appeared since then. As you all know, there are no die-cast models of the CB7 floating around. No Hot Wheels, no Matchbox, nothing...

I'd still love to get one made, but the custom places I've looked into before would've been upwards of $200 for one... and that's too steep!

Has anyone looked around for such a place recently? Any luck?
      Considering some of the nicer AutoArt models are fetching almost $100, a well detailed model for $200 isn't out of the realm of reasonableness imo.

Comment

Very true.

I'd love to be able to find a company that would make something at least Hot Wheels quality for say, $30... perhaps with a guaranteed number of sales. I'd want two... because I'd want to play with one

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Very true.

I'd love to be able to find a company that would make something at least Hot Wheels quality for say, $30... perhaps with a guaranteed number of sales. I'd want two... because I'd want to play with one
          I'd get three because one will probably rust at the rear wheel arches or get into a wreck with my Datsun.

Comment

We should get a model made with wheel-well rust!

Comment

Found one buts its a small pic

And Here's a Ascot

Comment

^the first one is a cd5 isnt it?

Comment

It is. Someone always posts that in the threads regarding die-cast CBs. There are NO die-cast models of the CB as we know it to my knowledge. They would have to be custom made.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
                    ^the first one is a cd5 isnt it?
                    Yah it is a CD5.

As for the rust, that would be hilarious I want one!

Comment

I'm pretty sure Tamiya would have a CB7 or a CD5 in their collection of model kits. They have some pretty obscure models in their inventory, so I'd be almost confident they may have a CB7 or CB7 variant. If I could find it, I have a Tamiya catalog from the early 1990s and it has hundreds of models in it, many JDM and EDM cars. I'm sure if they did make one, it's probably been discontinued for years.

I have a Tamiya model of a 1967 Mini Cooper, and although it's tiny, the attention to detail is so great that it looks like they took a real car and ran it through the Honey I Shrunk The Kids device.
                      Last edited by crazymikey; 01-28-2012, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                        I'm pretty sure Tamiya would have a CB7 or a CD5 in their collection of model kits. They have some pretty obscure models in their inventory, so I'd be almost confident they may have a CB7 or CB7 variant. If I could find it, I have a Tamiya catalog from the early 1990s and it has hundreds of models in it, many JDM and EDM cars. I'm sure if they did make one, it's probably been discontinued for years.

I have a Tamiya model of a 1967 Mini Cooper, and although it's tiny, the attention to detail is so great that it looks like they took a real car and ran it through the Honey I Shrunk The Kids device.
                        i have old Tamiya catalogs and no cb7's

also no cb's from Aoshima or Entex

but Entex made a 1/24 model of a 2nd gen Accord, i got one

how about securing licensing from Honda to make a Toy/model kit of the cb
                        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by S.W.A.T View Post
                          Found one buts its a small pic

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          I'm pretty sure Tamiya would have a CD5 in their collection of model kits.
                          that would be it.. i have it floating around here somewhere

Comment

I want a CB9 model.

Comment

i thought my pic was a Cd5 to but the front looks like a CB7?

Comment

Working...
                              X