Leasing a WRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I totally agree with the first part. My 117hp Fit with the revvy little L15A is actually very fun to drive. Winding out that puny little engine is still enjoyable, even after 238k miles. It has no power, but it will propel the car down a twisty road with power to spare. My boat of a GTP, on the other hand, made more than double the power... and was no fun at all to drive (well, when I could launch it and maintain traction, or avoid spark retard due to what I assume was the knock sensor freaking out... then the torque was fun.)

A low-powered car that makes you feel involved and connected to the road is often more enjoyable than a high powered car that makes you feel like you're just along for the ride (a BIG complaint I've heard about the new GT-R, actually.)

The new Mustang and Camaro V6 models are actually pretty impressive. The Mustang will run the quarter mile in the 13s. The Camaro is heavier, and though it makes a bit more power, is probably slower.
    I'd certainly prefer the V8s myself, though the Mustang V6 is only about 100lbs heavier than the Genesis Coupe or 370z, with engine performance that's damn close to the top models of each. And the Mustang can actually turn for once, or so I've read! For the price, you're getting more horsepower from the V6s than previous V8s were giving you.

I'm actually turning into a Mustang fan with this newest generation. I've always hated Ford previously, and I still dislike their apparent abandonment of big RWD luxo-boats in the Lincoln line... but they seem to be releasing damn good cars one after another. If I wanted to lease a sporty car that's worth less than $25,000, I think the Mustang V6 would be high on that list, if not the top of it. (not that I'm leasing, or that I want a Mustang in my driveway at the moment... but given those parameters, I think it's a strong contender.)
    The Mustang and Camaro V6 are decent, but not really fast. I guess I don't consider anything that can by run in an Accord fast. And yes, while the Mustang V6 will barely crack the 13's with the optional rearend, the GT's are pretty easily 12 second cars. For the $4K stretch, that is worth it IMO. Also, they just have the pony car swagger, and the American sound. Unfortunately for me, the Mustang GT equipped the way I would want it is actually closer to $40K. And they do handle well, but there is still some live axle shenanigans too. That is both good and bad.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
    X