Leasing a WRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leasing a WRX

So I'm getting really tired of constantly being afraid to leave my Integra unattended. Especially when I am going out at night and have to park it on the side of a road. I know it is just a 10yr old Honda... but I put a lot of work into the car and can't stop thinking that something might happen to it when it's parked on the street.

So my mother gave me this genius idea - if I lease a car, then it isn't mine, and theoretically, I should be able to leave it on any street without being worried about it.

I started looking around at different lease deals. My price range is probably 300-400 a month.
    Subaru has a deal - WRX lease for $2,000 at signing and then $299 a month

Any thoughts on leasing a vehicle?

Originally posted by rexload View Post
    So I'm getting really tired of constantly being afraid to leave my Integra unattended. Especially when I am going out at night and have to park it on the side of a road. I know it is just a 10yr old Honda... but I put a lot of work into the car and can't stop thinking that something might happen to it when it's parked on the street.

So my mother gave me this genius idea - if I lease a car, then it isn't mine, and theoretically, I should be able to leave it on any street without being worried about it.

I started looking around at different lease deals. My price range is probably 300-400 a month.

for that price id probably just buy a an older lexus/merc for 4-5k and leave it unmolested. you can get cars that stickered for 50-70k in the early 90s for 4-6k nowadays in great shape.

something like this:
    http://houston-imports.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=638294

thats just personally what i'd do. youd have spent the same money over the course of a year, and you have a much nicer car to show for it, and you dont have to give it back at the end of the 2nd year

Comment

Leasing is for people that want a new car every few years. For what you want it for IMO its a waist of money. Just get something reliable that nobody is gonna want to steal.

Comment

depending on where you live they mite not lease to you

Comment

Why not just get a reliable DD that you can leave anywhere. Don't get me wrong, the Subie would be nice, but with that budget you could probably get something nice and invest the money elsewhere

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Well I kinda want something that isn't slow and boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeless View Post
              it's slow as a stock Civic and a money pit... sorry

Comment

a nice used tsx,TL, e46m3 , is350 those are all in the 10-17k range which is in your budget a month.... do you want a long commitment? or just something for the next couple of years?
                MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

it's slow as a stock Civic and a money pit... sorry
                  I wouldn't get anything fancy as a daily driver. Get something subtle. If you get a WRX your still going to worry about it because it is new. Get something that you don't like so that you don't care if it gets hurt or not. Better yet, get a cb7 as a daily and keep the Teg as your fun car.

Comment

i leased a 43k dollar truck in 2008. Did a 2 year deal. 5,000 down and 314 a month for 2 years. It wasn't worth it, but at the same time I'm glad i didn't buy because i didn't realize how much i hated payments, insurance, and everything else on something that expensive.

id recommend saving up and just buy something outright for 10-15k.
                    '94 CD5 EX F22B1 Automatic

Comment

you can get a decent hyundai or kia that gets fantastic gas mileage for like 12g and nobody will want to steal it. then you can make your honda your fast and non-boring car and have it on the side.

Comment

toyota prius

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Has anyone said a stock cb yet? IMO that would be the cheapest, most reliable, easiest, and most logical choice. Yea, maybe it's not fast...or luxury or nothing but it's a dd that you park on the street. Maybe that's not what you're looking for but 300-400 a month is crazy to pay for when you could pay a grand for a cb and be all set. And about the Merc bein a money pit...you're gunna be shelling out 400 a month anyways aren't you? Maybe I misread or something...I don't know, but it seems like a pretty simple decision.

Comment

still a honda that can easily be broken into so still a target.

no
                            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                            $30 HID kits here Thread
                            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Yea, but that still doesn't justify spending way more money for a way more expensive car...because you're afraid the cheap one will get broken into... just doesn't add up to me. What if you spend that money and it gets stolen? then you're REALLY shit outta luck. Hell 400 a month you could buy another cb every 2 months or so. If it's ease of getting in the car that makes you not want it. why not spend the money on an alarm, theft coverage, modify the doors so they can't be jimmy'd with a slim jim.(i used sheet metal on my old civic to block off the lock rods, and levers from inside the door) even made a plate around the inside of the door handle so you can bust that out and still not get in. put a few killswitches in convenient yet hidden spots for you. Don't put money into the car. oem stereo, no fancy things hanging in the window, no exhaust, rims, etc. If it's so common and easy to break into these cars...then it shouldn't be hard to figure out how they're getting broken into and how to eliminate that possibility.

Basically, I wouldn't spend more than 2 grand in total for something that you already expect to get stolen. That's just working backwards. Unless youre just sick of the teg and want to just get a completely diff car... then that changes everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X