Need help deciding cell phones...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
    Ive actually just done some review reading and Im really liking the Rezound. It sounds like the perfect phone FOR ME. The nexus is cool and all but im still not a fan of no removable memory and theres a lot of issues with battery and software.

Plus the Rezound supposedly comes with Beats by Dre headphones.
    I would think about it a little longer. I've had the nexus for four days now, best phone I've ever had. The rezound does come with a pair of beats ear buds... but I've heard reviews that basically state the ear buds make the phone, not the other way around. You're basically buying the beats and getting a phone. If you can find a store that'll price match, amazon has the nexus for $99.

Comment

The built in Beats Audio kind of sounds like a gimmick to me. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that the only way to boost sound quality is to use a graphic equalizer in the stock music app, (Which means you can't use it with any other apps like Pandora, Slacker, Youtube, Google Music, etc.) and you can get apps with EQ's on the market.

My brother used to have some Beats Audio headphones. I compared them to a $25 headset that I bought at Wal-Mart, and I couldn't hear a difference. I'm not saying they're not high-quality, (they still sounded good.) I'm just saying they're not worth the price tag.

I'm sort of an audiophile, if that means anything.

Other than that, the Rezound seems like a solid phone. Supposedly, it's fast as shit and the 720p HD screen is supposed to be wonderful.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Am I too picky? Lol.

The Rezound is what I was going for but now, the more I look at it, the more I wanna try the Razr MAXX. I know everyone's staying away from Motorola but the tech support guy said the Nexus is having issues with bugs and that kinda scares me away more, lol.

I cant decide! Lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Razr
          wat?

Comment

If I do though, it'll be the maxx.

Ive heard the screen is sub-par, as is the camera. The user interface isnt as friendly as other DROIDs. It has a longer charge time and the plug locations are in odd locations on the phone.

The complaints for the Rezound are mixed. The power/volume buttons are the issue. some say they're pressed TOO easily, others say they're TOO hard to press.

Otherwise, they're all about the same. A lot more Eris users (like me) found that tthey liked the Rezound better.

I want the Rezound for Sync/Sense-ability, plus it has an HD screen an awesome music/video capabilities.

I want the Maxx for battery life and it "seems" like a beefier, "cooler" phone.

:/

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

IMO, the rezound is just an ordinary phone that forces you to pay for a $100 pair of beats buds. The Droid line looks sleek but I never hear much about them and nobody really pays attention to them. The maxx is supposed to have great battery life, but that's not everything for me. Other than the OK battery in the nexus, I think the phone is perfect. The only thing I would change is bump it to a 1080p screen, which would be absolutely ridiculous.

At the end of the day, I would rather have the better phone and charge it every night, than a so so phone with a good battery. But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                Am I too picky? Lol.

The Rezound is what I was going for but now, the more I look at it, the more I wanna try the Razr MAXX. I know everyone's staying away from Motorola but the tech support guy said the Nexus is having issues with bugs and that kinda scares me away more, lol.

I cant decide! Lol.
                If you were interested in the nexus, don't let some techies scare you away. Excluding self inflicted issues because I goof with it too much after rooting, the phone hasn't had a single issue. What are some of the problems the phone is supposed to have.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
                  At the end of the day, I would rather have the better phone and charge it every night, than a so so phone with a good battery. But that's just me.
                  Im the same way. Which is why Im leaning more towards the Rezound. I'll probably end up selling the headphones. Im not a big headphone kind of guy anyway.

The excellent battery on the Maxx is about the only thing I like about it. It's still a Droid but apparently Motorola's UI gets in the way of Droid's UI.

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
                  What are some of the problems the phone is supposed to have.
                  IDK. I wasnt given specifics. I'll ask when I go in and look at them though. Thats the other thing I need to be sold on, too. I need to hold them and play with them and actually use them to get a better feel for them.

ICS is the only thing, IMO, that the Nexus has over the others. And at that, ICS is coming for the others soon. I dont mind waiting. I got by on my 2-year old droid just fine. Im not a "gotta have the latest" kind of guy. So long as it performs it's essential functions, Im happy.

My biggest beef with the Nexus is that Google wont let it sync your FB contacts to your phone contacts due to some privacy act or something. Stupid. That's a key feature I enjoy and look forward to having in my next phone. I was told the iPhone could do it but you had to "go around" a few things. Im not about that. At least not with phones.

The only downside Im not too happy about with the Rezound is that it supposedly comes with a bunch of pre-loaded "media" apps. They can be deleted, Im sure, so it probably wont be a big deal.

Worse case scenario, I'll give it the 14-day trial and Ill keep trying. I have a feeling that if I dont like the Rezound or the Maxx, I wont like any of them and Ill just have to pick the best of all evils.
                  Last edited by MikeW; 02-02-2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X