Need help deciding cell phones...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help deciding cell phones...

Looking to get a new one soon and Im torn between a few models; 3 DROIDs and an iPhone. Lol.

Ive had a DROID for almost 2 years so Im used to them. Gf has an iPhone and Ive played with it enough to know what it'd be like.

Im looking at battery life, usage time, music playing ability, cameras, apps and custimation. I dont use them for anything other than texting, calling, taking pics, Facebook-ing and listening to music. I like a few game apps or helpful apps but im not app-crazy.

Droid RAZR 32GB (16GB if possible)
    iPhone 4 8GB
    Galaxy Nexus
    Droid 3

-Droid 3 and iPhone will be the cheapest.

-Droid 3 is the only one with a PHYSICAL/slider keyboard. Not a fan AT ALL.

-iPhone only has 5MP cam(but Ive heard its better quality).
    --Razr has the best with 8MP-R, 1.3-F followed by the Nexus with 5R/1.3F

-iPhone loses in the memory department with 8GB.
    --Nexus has ICS, 32GB and 1GB RAM. all others are 16GB

-Razr wins usage time with 750min; iPhone loses with 420.

The Razr and Nexus are same price. If my upgrade leaves them costing me the same, I'll go with the Nexus--depending on what the upgrade price is. If it's too high, I wont get either, lol.

Other than the things listed above, their all about the same. My biggest beef with both the iPhone and the Nexus is their lack of removable memory.

I know everyone, for the most part, loves their phone. What Im looking for are things you dislike, wish were different or envy from other phones.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Sprint.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I'm telling you mike. My friend has the razr. Sharp phone. Do eet.
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
        I'm telling you mike. My friend has the razr. Sharp phone. Do eet.

But, yeah. I'd love to have the RAZR. I have yet to hear anything negative about it.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I came from an original Droid, to an iphone 4s and I absolutely love the iphone. I also only use it for that though, I don't do business or anything fancy with it.

Comment

Of the phones listed, I would go with the nexus... may I ask why you haven't considered or.don't like the gs2 line of phones?

Comment

GF had the original razr and she says it was awesome as well.

I like the fluidity of the iPhone and the apps/games are great. I just hate that everything is through Apple/iTunes. Cant have customizable ringtones and you have to get iTunes on whatever device your transferring music from.

Another important question;

My current droid syncs with Facebook so my contact's info, pics, etc are all linked with their info on FB; does the iPhone (or newer Droids) have that ability?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
                Of the phones listed, I would go with the nexus... may I ask why you haven't considered or.don't like the gs2 line of phones?
                GS2 = Galaxy S2???

If so, Ive considered them. I wanted the original Galaxy and Ive heard great things about the S2 as well. Um, not really sure why I havent considered it. I havent NOT considered it.

Comment

i have a first gen galaxy s. samsung captivate. badass phone. id only hope it got better with the S2.
                  COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                    GS2 = Galaxy S2???

If so, Ive considered them. I wanted the original Galaxy and Ive heard great things about the S2 as well. Um, not really sure why I havent considered it. I havent NOT considered it.
                    What service do have or are you willing to switch? Im thinking that you have or want verizon, since you mentioned the nexus. I don't think they currently have a gs2 phone, they got the nexus instead. Im getting the sprint gs2 epic delivered today, ill throw some pics up when it arrives. It is the best gs2 phone, imo. Dual 1.2ghz, 1gb ram, 16gb+microsdhc and a 4.5" s-amoled screen.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
                      What service do have or are you willing to switch? Im thinking that you have or want verizon, since you mentioned the nexus. I don't think they currently have a gs2 phone, they got the nexus instead. Im getting the sprint gs2 epic delivered today, ill throw some pics up when it arrives. It is the best gs2 phone, imo. Dual 1.2ghz, 1gb ram, 16gb+microsdhc and a 4.5" s-amoled screen.
                      I gave the original Epic and my plan is to get this one with my upgrade
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Shane, that sounds just like the nexus. Could be Sprints version of the nexus, lol.

The razr 16GB is $200 with an upgrade. Forgot to ask about the nexus, lol.

Comment

First off if Motorola still makes the RAZR STAY AWAY!!!!

I had a Motorola back in the day and then i had the Droid 2 from them and i think Motorola makes the worst phones out there...plenty agree....just google it.

You already know my feelings...

Ive been using ICS for like 2 months and it owns everything.

And my problems with Moto was that both phones just sucked...both were cheap feeling and both would reboot randomly.....and this is two different phones made like 5 years apart....ill never own a Moto phone again.

ICS brings the best of all versions of Android into one streamlined OS.....it adds a lot of new features and smoothed out the old ones....

It says a lot when the beta version runs better then any ROM ever made.....trust me i have run over 200 different roms from 100s of developers and nothing ever ran as good as the ICS beta im running now....with the exception of CM7 from cyanogen....but that was Honeycomb.

Also the Nexus is made by Samsung who happens to make an excellent phone...ive had a few....HTC still is king in my opinion but Samsung is a close 2nd.

If i could do anything right now, i would walk out and by a Nexus straight from Google....fuck the cell companies....they add all theyre bs which makes the phone different from how Google meant it to be....and obv Google has a pretty good idea about what theyre doing or they would not be where they are now....so when the time comes my next phone will be straight from them.

Just wait till the fucking Chromebooks hit the shelves.

/fanboyism lol
                          Last edited by Ralphie; 01-19-2012, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I have an iPhone4 8gb, and there's absolutely nothing more I could want. Well, faster internet, but nothing else is faster.
                            Of course, I have unlimited data, so I really don't need storage. I stream all my music via Pandora or Audiogalaxy (straight from my PC), and I watch all my video via Netflix. I don't need to store much on it. I have a few MP3s, for when I don't want to stream anything, and I have a TON of games that I've downloaded (including emulators thanks to jailbreaking the phone.)

I have minimal experience with Droid phones, but the few that I've played with haven't even come close to tempting me away from my iPhone. I'm not an Apple fanboy, and I don't have any sort of superiority complex about my machine... but I'm extremely satisfied with the phone's performance.

My ONLY complaint about the hardware is that the buttons stopped being as responsive as they once were... then again, I used my phone heavily, probably more than most. Still, it's perfectly functional.

The Droid is the PC of the phone world... multiple manufacturers, multiple platforms... I prefer PCs when it comes to computers, but I like the fact that the iPhone is consistent. An iPhone app will work 100% correctly with the iPhone, because the developer knows EXACTLY what they're programming for.

Comment

I personally like how thin the Razor is BUT an article i read before it actually launched said its Amoled screen wasnt as sharp as other phones plus its battery life wasnt too great.

Im also very bias towards anything electronic made in Taiwan which is HTC so i refuse to buy anything made there.

My Droidx from motorola has been very good to me since buying it early last year. I play emulator games, watch netflix, take pictures and videos. It does a lot of things but i just wished it was a little thinner.

Now i would like to get my hands on Samsungs phone because i really like the quality of their products and basically swear by them.

Comment

Working...
                              X