Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hulu+ or netflix?

I want One of these services.

both are the same price and offer pretty much the same thing.

hulu offers a week free trial

netflix does a month

The word is that flix has better movies while hulu is better with shows.

As of now I'm leaning more towards netflix but

I want to hear some opinions first.

What do you guys have?

any opinions?

Originally posted by mappyCB7 View Post
    I want One of these services.

both are the same price and offer pretty much the same thing.

hulu offers a week free trial

netflix does a month

The word is that flix has better movies while hulu is better with shows.

As of now I'm leaning more towards netflix but

I want to hear some opinions first.

What do you guys have?

any opinions?
    for one Hulu is free, Hulu Plus is what costs. i use neither, i prefer www.icefilms.info
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

All in all, I prefer Hulu Plus because they get new stuff daily.
      Netflix has a better selection of movies and older stuff though.

But for $16 a month, I enjoy both.
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Hulu tends to be better for current seasons, though if you keep up with it (and wait an additional week, I think is how most shows do it) you can watch current seasons for free.

Netflix is great for shows that have a few seasons behind them already... I'm actually watching Scrubs right now (about to finish Season 1, which I started yesterday... gotta love being sick!)

I prefer Netflix myself, but I rarely use the free Hulu service, and I've never tried Hulu Plus.

Another option to consider is Amazon Prime, which offers a lot of streaming content, as well as books and music, I believe. I got my mom a Kindle Fire for Christmas, and it came with a free month of Amazon Prime. She's made some use of it already, and she seems to like it. I got my stepdad Netflix (mainly so my mom can use it as well... ) but they haven't set it up yet.

Comment

hmmm my gf had netflix for a while but the thing that seemed to happen was that it took them a while to come out with the current seasons and they did have a lot of the back seasons like with top gear. but A lot of the seasons were dvd only that was my biggest complaint about it. I loved their movie selection but again there was times when it was dvd only.

on the other hand I've had zero experience with hulu so I'm iffy on it.

I might try both for the free time and see what happens. eh

Also checked that icefilm site but it seems a little sketchy and I'm afraid of getting a virus or something. Its nice that its free though so thats good.
          I also feel a bit guilty since its probably not very legal.

Comment

Originally posted by mappyCB7 View Post
            hmmm my gf had netflix for a while but the thing that seemed to happen was that it took them a while to come out with the current seasons and they did have a lot of the back seasons like with top gear. but A lot of the seasons were dvd only that was my biggest complaint about it. I loved their movie selection but again there was times when it was dvd only.

on the other hand I've had zero experience with hulu so I'm iffy on it.

I might try both for the free time and see what happens. eh

Also checked that icefilm site but it seems a little sketchy and I'm afraid of getting a virus or something. Its nice that its free though so thats good.
            I also feel a bit guilty since its probably not very legal.
            there's no viruses, and your not downloading it, your streaming it. but hey, pay for Netflix, it's not a bad service. not unless you want DVDs AND streaming, because that's gonna cost you $16...
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

There are a ton of Redbox locations near me, so if I want something brand new, I'll just go drop a buck on a DVD. Netflix, the network websites, and pirating sites cover the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
                All in all, I prefer Hulu Plus because they get new stuff daily.
                Netflix has a better selection of movies and older stuff though.

But for $16 a month, I enjoy both.
                same here I have both, I watch hulu on my phone whil I am refueling my fuel truck at work since it takes about 30mins I can get an episode in and on nights I spend about 2-3hrs watching stuff since theirs hardly anything to do

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

when i tried out HULU+ , i got a free month because i registered my school email. My brother did the same and got a month.

Between the two though, i like Netflix better because they have a better movie selection. Hulu to me seemed to only have movies from Bollywood.

Comment

i think both are a little weak. you have the power of the internet and a search engine. just look for the episode. all the shows i watch are posted hours after it airs on tv

no
                    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                    $30 HID kits here Thread
                    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

flix cuz im gettin it for free
                      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

netflix because its much more

Comment

i have netflix and i find that it does exactly what i pay it for. lots of oldschool tv, newer shows to catch up on, and with the starz play portion of netflix theres a decent selection of newer movies that change up every so often.

if its not on instant stream, just get the dvd coming from netflix or torrent behind a proxy or peer blocker.

Comment

I use netflix and crackle. Crackle is free. Then, I use another site for live streaming of the walking dead. Which is also free.
                            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

yeah I got them both now Im still liking netflix better.

any other streaming sites?

free ones?

Comment

Working...
                              X