I got a job interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a job interview

At Home Depot. "Tool Mechanic" Other than working on small engines I have no idea what else is required at the position. Well its my first interview and im a little nervous.. Polo and khakis are probably what im gonna wear but is there anything else I should do or worry about?
    -Will

Just treat it like a job for anything else. Ensure them that you will be prompt showing up to work and completing tasks, doing what your supervisors request of you and being accommodating with your schedule. Most of the experience stuff can be taught. It's not like you'll actually be rebuilding small engines. Mostly replacing pull cords and spark plugs or checking chain lube and oil levels.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Be upbeat and positive. Tell the manager that you are always willing to try new challenges. Also, always smile and have eye contact. And the end when he tells you for any questions tell him: after having this opportunity meeting with you and having this interview, do you think I apple to do the job? Just be real positive. And always have a smile.

If they ask you what your weakness is, tell them that your weakness is coming late to work. That u never like coming in late. You are always early and punctual

A polo shirt won't really do it. Take a suit, like tie, dress shirt. Kinda like a lawyer. Remember, appearance is judgment. Dress to impress.

Good luck broski

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
        tell him: after having this opportunity meeting with you and having this interview, do you think I apple to do the job?
        if he says that i'd think the manager would just be like, wtf.
        峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Might i suggest you wear a red polo its been determined red is a power color and employers like to see that and ill be honest wearing red to interviews has not yet failed me! knock on wood

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

do you think I apple to do the job?
            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Best thing to do to prepare well is this:
              google "typical job interview questions" or "hard job interview questions" and have a friend ask you all those questions and actually answer them out loud.

Practice as much as you can before the interview. Without any practice, your chances of bombing your first job interview are pretty high.

Make them believe that you are better than all the other candidates.

And negotiate your salary if it is appropriate. Don't just settle for whatever they offer.

Comment

A polo shirt won't really do it. Take a suit, like tie, dress shirt. Kinda like a lawyer. Remember, appearance is judgment. Dress to impress.

Good luck broski
                its an interview at home depot for a tool mechanic...a suit is completely uncalled for to wear.

appearance may be important, but for a job like that where hes going to be interacting with hundreds of people a day, they'd rather see a person with strong people skills.

you wouldnt wear a suit to a job interview working at a retail store in a mall.....theres no need to do it here, hes not being interviewed by a fortune 500 company
                ..[CB7][STAR]..
                MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
                  its an interview at home depot for a tool mechanic...a suit is completely uncalled for to wear.

appearance may be important, but for a job like that where hes going to be interacting with hundreds of people a day, they'd rather see a person with strong people skills.

you wouldnt wear a suit to a job interview working at a retail store in a mall.....theres no need to do it here, hes not being interviewed by a fortune 500 company
                  yea i agree lol, overdressing can be just as bad, and come off as desperation or suck up.

id wear a nice clean pair of jeans (not beaten or full of holes), or a decent set of slacks/khakis, and a polo or simple button up shirt, and just be hygienic and well groomed with your hair/facial hair.

Comment

Working...
                  X