some good driving glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some good driving glasses?

as the title says. Im looking to get a pair, because during the day I find it hard to see while driving around with the sun blinding the hell out of me. (oddly enough I see better at night) anyhow, what are some glasses you guys recommend? also what are some tips on buying them, because Im looking for ones that actually block the blinding sun rays.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Sunglasses? Get some " Polarized" ones they're supposed to reduce glare.

Comment

Invest in a pair of sunglasses with polarized lenses, which help to filter the glare emanating from horizontal reflective surfaces such as roads.

Comment

i have oakleys and i love them. i have unpolarized lenses though. if you buy them with polarized lenses they are more expensive but are more effective in blocking out the sun. most brands of sunglasses come with polarized or non polarized lens options. go talk to the people are sunglass hut, they have real good warranties.

Comment

Oakley's and Electric's FTW!

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

I have oakleys with polarized lenses...... Makes everything look crisp compared to normal.

Comment

when i wore contacts, i found a website that sold me 12 Aviator style sunglasses with the brown lenses for like 20 bucks. I kept like six and sold six of then for 5 bucks a pop.

Anyhow i found that the brown lenses were more stylish and filtered out more sunlight then polarized black lenses.

Comment

Oakley Jaw bones if you don't have a small face. I have polarized and non. The polarized ones kind of make me sick sometimes? specially in the rain, It does cut glare but there is like a 3d effect sometimes. Kind of weird.
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Oakley (4+1)^2 ...five squared is the style I wear. Very lightweight.
                  -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                  -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                  -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                  -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

I have had oakleys of all kind, but I find them inferior to Costa del Mar.
                    Although, oakley makes some really nice looking shades!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
                    Bought from: ChampCoupe
                    Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

You can take any glasses frame to a eyeglasses place, ask if they have "corning" lenses. These are special lenses that reduce glare by nearly 100%. I have a pair of sunglasses with corning lenses. Not really expensive but it helps a lot to protect your cornea and retina. They have an Orange/brown tint to them.

Corning lenses are doctor recommended for those with retinitis pigmentosa. (eye disease which consists of major glare problems and loss of peripheral vision)

Here's a glare control lens you can obtain from most eye glass centers (eye doctor) or even online.

I would go to an eye glass specialty center because they can order the lenses amd cut them to fit your frames.

http://www.visionadvantage.net

Last edited by dysfunk; 01-05-2012, 12:38 PM.
                      92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                      2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                      2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Personal Favorite for the price , Gargoyle GXP Methane Polarized. Retail 150 but can find for under 80..Seen some on Ebay for as little as 40 last week tho.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

The thing that appels to me the most about Oakleys is that they are built to Anzi standards. It sucks that they are not marked but it makes me feel better. Plus I get a mad discount from my wifes work.
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

They don't look pretty, but I wear Cocoons. They go over my regular glasses... They also double as safety glasses.. But I wear them all the time!
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

i wear prescription nikes and theyre a cross between a big frame and a sporty frame. i really like them because it feels light and never droops.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X